TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

^ Awesome! This will take my mind off that Half & Half entryway into the park.

= Half Main Street (lengthwise), Half Mall (crosswise).....and one after the other.

And vomited on, by Pop Culture.

Trippy.

My last visit to WH was Sept.2015 while the new coaster was being built.

The street/mall was nondescript, but it was fine walking by it, and through it.

P.S. It will be great to re-ride Robin Hood, after the "touching up," etc.

IMG_8464b.JPG.a966761b97e1c1918deeeb496aa22bdf.JPG

And I got this nifty refillable coffee mug inside the Mall, as well.

IMG_8464a.JPG.780875c4ddba5dbaf5b71629a4f56be5.JPG

In The 1/2 Mall part, there's also this. (o;

I don't know the brown track kinda gives me the feeling your trying to hide it. I don't know when I heard the color would be brown I was taken a back, I don't hate it and don't love it at the same time. I can't deny that I got exited when I saw that picture though, that is something good.

As the for the "new" Element I'm predicting it now.

A: We get a 360 degree twist upwards hill then a 360 degree twist downhill and it will be called twisted hill.

B: A Step-Up Under Flip but backwards (The diffrence of a Immlemann versus a Dive-Loop) At the Turn around.

C: A 270 degree flip upwards and a 270 degree flip downwards int he opposite direction.

No The last inovated element coming form RMC was the Zero G stall the rest was like: "let's twist some more here or there." But that's just my opinion, Although maybe they surprise me this time then I gladly take my words back.

• 1 month later...

Past night Robin Hood made it's last rounds around the track. After closing hours (23:00 October 28th) there was a special event (around 01:00 October 29th) for 24 people to say goodbye to the Wooden coaster. It was here that they revealed the name of the RMC: Untamed. Untamed will open July 1st 2019. Groundwork had been started last week while the ride was still operational but now with the park closed till April 2019 the real work can start. A spokeperson has promised that they will keep fans posted on the lasted developments. There has yet to a full lay-out reveal.

Source.

291018robin1.jpg

Personal thoughts: I like the name, despite being a bit bland for an RMC if you ask me. Saturday there was a rumor the ride might be called Timber Trip. So it being revealed as Untamed was a nice surprise. I'm a bit disapointed they didn't reveal more but they only promised the name so I can't be too mad.

I think it might be Twisted Colossus at just over 9 months. Colossus closed on 8/16/14 and reopened on 5/23/15. I thought it may have been Twisted or Wicked Cyclone, but both took 10 months.

I've always been a fan of Untamed as a name, but the logo looks aot better at Canobie. Here it looks like a carnival sign. But that really doesn't matter much since the ride will most likely be awesome.

I've always been a fan of Untamed as a name, but the logo looks aot better at Canobie. Here it looks like a carnival sign. But that really doesn't matter much since the ride will most likely be awesome.

The Source I got the name from tells that the logo isn't in it's the definitive logo. I hope they still change it because I agree with you.

On the Youtube making off: I love it way better then that Snapchat stuff they did whith Lost Gravity. I'm quite exited to follow this.

The park uploaded part 1 of the making of:

Just a recap:

Untamed is named after the supossed feeling of the ride.

Hight of Untamed revealed: 36,5 meter (previously 32 meters)

Graffiti is added to Merlin's magic castle for the Wilderness theme.

The park had stopped trimming trees and plants this year in the Wildrness area to let nature take controll.

They hint towards some elements being revealed and talking to RMC in the next part at the end.

The video is good it shows a lot of whats happening to the area and to the ride. However I'm not sure about the new look for Merlin's castle, it's the entrance all over again (last winter).

• 1 month later...

^ I was kind of hoping on more being released other then the outside banked turn. But still maybe next video?

Interesting it's going to be longer then before, I did some research and it turn out only the Cedar Fair RMC added track lenght so that spikes my intrest a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...
Past night Robin Hood made it's last rounds around the track. After closing hours (23:00 October 28th) there was a special event (around 01:00 October 29th) for 24 people to say goodbye to the Wooden coaster. It was here that they revealed the name of the RMC: Untamed. Untamed will open July 1st 2019. Groundwork had been started last week while the ride was still operational but now with the park closed till April 2019 the real work can start. A spokeperson has promised that they will keep fans posted on the lasted developments. There has yet to a full lay-out reveal.

Source.

291018robin1.jpg

Personal thoughts: I like the name, despite being a bit bland for an RMC if you ask me. Saturday there was a rumor the ride might be called Timber Trip. So it being revealed as Untamed was a nice surprise. I'm a bit disapointed they didn't reveal more but they only promised the name so I can't be too mad.

I like the name "Untamed," too. It's definitely better than, say, "Twisted Robin Hood."

Part 2 of the making of has been posted

After not following this project too closely I stumbled in this thread last night and watched this. When I got to the section about the prelift I began cackling like a maniac. I don't know if that says something about me or about RMC, but there you have it...

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 3: Making Of: UNTAMED

The new rollercoaster Untamed in Walibi Holland is getting a pretty steep descent. After a 36.5 meter high lift hill of 40 degrees, passengers will fall towards the ground almost vertical. The first descent gets an angle of 80 degrees. That is 10 degrees steeper than the first descent of the park's famous mega coaster Goliath.

That video was a bit more interesting then the previous two. I already predicted the drop would be near 90 degrees down (I was thinking about 80 to 85 degrees) because well RMC is known to do that. Also there are 2 shots on the Turn around filled with Ledgers that hint towards a Zero G roll and it seems to go almost all the way down, what I hope they would do, before entering a hill.

Coming back on the Ledgers, I always thought those would come from the same plant as the track. I didn't know those where made local.

I'm still exited that this ride is so close to home.