Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby garyman6 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:43 am

coasterbill wrote:
garyman6 wrote:Valleyfair needs to answer soon!!

It's a small park that's almost 250 miles from Valleyfair. No they don't. :lol:

Umm, I have to both agree and disagree. Valleyfair needs a boatload of new additions to get to where they should be but I agree with the waterpark addition. Valleyfair will have to make some additions to compete with MOA. They need to add attractions that you just cant really do indoors.
But I disagree about answering Adventureland. Adventureland went 20 years between new coasters. In 2016 they build Monster. Now just 3 seasons later in 2019 they are adding another coaster. I can almost guarantee you they saw a huge increase in attendance from Monster. Gee, add something people want to ride and attendance increases. So what do they do? Add another one! It will be at least 13 years before a new coaster for Valleyfair. That's assuming they get one in 2020 which is a BIG IF????? Are people from the twin cities going to start flocking to Iowa to get their coaster fix? No! But if Valleyfair doesn't start doing something Big time soon attendance is going to drop. Yes, a water park addition will increase attendance from families but a big coaster addition or two would also see a big boost in attendance from every other demographic. That's why they really need both plus maybe a few more major flat rides! Ugh, where to begin?!?! :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:02 am

garyman6 wrote:if Valleyfair doesn't start doing something Big time soon attendance is going to drop.

Based on? Attendance has been fine throughout that 13 year drought that you mentioned but in year 14 people are finally going to get fed up? Come on...

garyman6 wrote:Are people from the twin cities going to start flocking to Iowa to get their coaster fix? No!

Right...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:07 am

I feel like they should add a giant discovery or something of that nature.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:13 am

SFGAM adds a new coaster every 2-5 years. If that doesn't hurt VF then Adventureland adding a spinner shouldn't either. Advetnureland is adding a spinner. The twin cities already have fairly odd coaster which is a spinner. I bet 75% of folks in Minneapolis have never even heard of Adventureland.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:45 am

superman ultimate flight SFGAM according to google maps
Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 10.40.34 AM.png

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:58 am

coasterbill wrote:
garyman6 wrote:if Valleyfair doesn't start doing something Big time soon attendance is going to drop.

Based on? Attendance has been fine throughout that 13 year drought that you mentioned but in year 14 people are finally going to get fed up? Come on...

garyman6 wrote:Are people from the twin cities going to start flocking to Iowa to get their coaster fix? No!

Right...

I didn't say it was going to drop in year 14 but I still stand by what I said. Look at the Mall of America. Why do you think they are constantly adding, adding, adding? New rides, new attractions, new stores, new kiosks, new restaurants, new hotels, new water park! etc., etc., etc! It's because they know that adding or changing keeps crowds coming back! If Valleyfair just built their park, opened it in 1976 but never added another ride or attraction do you think it would still be in operation? Of course not! People would have gotten bored with it and stopped going. When Valleyfair built Wild Thing guess what happened? They topped one million visitors for the first time ever! Gee, I wonder why? I'll admit that Water Park additions do attract more people, primarily families which is great but you have to have a balance. I bet the addition of Delirious didn't see a boost in attendance. Since Cedar Fair does not release attendance figures for each park I cant say for sure but I sure didn't see big lines for it whenever I was there. A nice addition for sure but not one that's going to bring in local crowds. Look what Cedar Fair is doing with Carowinds? They are seeing HUGE jumps in attendance, according to CF. Valleyfair has a larger population base to draw from then Carowinds does. Cedar Fair knows this because that data came from them. I still believe CF will follow through with their commitment to give Valleyfair a Carowinds style treatment in the future. All I'm saying is that they really need to think about doing it soon.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:03 am

we should get a 275-foot coaster that drops 25 feet below ground. if we get a Carowinds style treatment
jk I know that will never happen

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:23 am

garyman6 wrote:Look at the Mall of America. Why do you think they are constantly adding, adding, adding? New rides, new attractions, new stores, new kiosks, new restaurants, new hotels, new water park! etc., etc., etc!

You understand that malls lease space to other businesses right? "The mall" is not adding most of these things, the businesses that are leasing space from them are and the investments they make in new space are offset by the companies that end up leasing that new space.

Triple 5 DOES operate the amusement park but it's also a pay-per-ride park so adding new rides directly leads to measurable returns. Plus I would argue that Valleyfair is right on par with the mall in terms of new attractions in the decade since they re-branded the park. Delirious, Northern Lights, tons of new slides, antique cars and a 230 foot starflyer are at least comparable with a Chance revolution, upcharge ropes course, a Sky Fly and a Unicoaster.

It's not like Nickelodeon Universe has been breaking the bank on new additions over the last decade while Valleyfair has sat around doing nothing. They're pretty much on the same level and that's probably because they've pretty much cornered the market.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Mdcastle » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:36 am

Translation: Guests aren't willing to pay the kind of prices we want to get for the junk we're serving now.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!