TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The last new Coaster in your Count

Finally made it to #150. Shame it was awful.

Ha, love it. It's kinda your thing for milestone coasters to be crappy anyway.

Ā 

Totally. And that's why a shitty old Arrow was #150. We almost asked the ops for a blank sheet of paper that I could hold up and then later photoshop "DOUCHEBAG" onto for the trip report. But we're entirely too lazy for that, so we just laughed about what could have been and then moved onto the Intamin monster next door to cleanse our souls.

Mine would be Impulse at Knoebels. This year was the most my count has increased in years with Tempesto, InvadR, Phoenix, Flying Turns, Twister, Black Diamond, and Impulse. Once I lose more weight I am going to be doing a lot more traveling

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. So glad I got to get Apollo's Chariot, Tempesto, Verbolten, ALPENGEIST (which broke down on the lift with us. First Evac!) Griffon, Loch Ness Monster (so much smoother than I was expecting for a 40 year-old Arrow) and Invadr. Such good rides.

Ā 

They are all fun. Living in Ohio my whole life, Cedar Point and King's Island were the bench mark. These rides are more tame, but all of them are a blast in their own way and still delivered.

We went to Tripsdrill, a small park in Germany, last week for the kid's first amusement park visit and his first rides (6 months old now).

While doing that we finally had the opportunity to do Karacho, which was well worth it. Easily the best Gerstlauer I've ever rode. Crazy to see such a small park having such a great ride. The dive loop into the tunnel is now one of my favourite inversions in the world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was a total credit whore to get me to a 317. It was a decent enough kiddie coaster, but it felt icky to wait 3.5 hours for a kiddie coaster. In all fairness, the posted wait time was 90 minutes, they just completely screwed up on that. The theming was pretty good. I liked how the beginning and end were outdoors, and the dark ride portion was in the middle, it was a nice twist. I also think that the swinging train aspect helps makes the turns smoother. Magic Kingdom is just getting out of control crowded these days. Maybe its just the holiday season that's doing it, but I've been twice in the middle of the week over the past month and a half, and its always completely mobbed. I've been able to figure out how to beat the other Disney parks.

• 3 months later...

The last new coaster in my count is -

LAFF TRAX

I tried to ride that coaster at Hersheypark two years ago, but my size wouldn't allow the restraint bar to safely lock in. Now that I lost over thirty pounds, I was able to lock in without incident and got to enjoy one crazy coaster ride.

Ā 

"When you lose weight, the riding season becomes great!!!"

Edited by palmerleeberry

The last new coaster in my count is -

LAFF TRAX

I tried to ride that coaster at Hersheypark two years ago, but my size wouldn't allow the restraint bar to safely lock in. Now that I lost over thirty pounds, I was able to lock in without incident and got to enjoy one crazy coaster ride.

Ā 

"When you lose weight, the riding season will be great!!!"

Congratz!