Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:41 am

bert425 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Meanwhile when SFNE operates Blizzard River in 40 degree temps, it still isn't guaranteed to be a walk-on. :lol:

LOL

Gully washer can get f*cked (It was 105 degrees when we visited and we had a Flash Pass and we still didn't ride it) but Bugs' White Water Rapids is terrific. Get in the boat people. :lol:

Postby bert425 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:00 pm

coasterbill wrote:
bert425 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Meanwhile when SFNE operates Blizzard River in 40 degree temps, it still isn't guaranteed to be a walk-on. :lol:

LOL

Gully washer can get f*cked (It was 105 degrees when we visited and we had a Flash Pass and we still didn't ride it) but Bugs' White Water Rapids is terrific. Get in the boat people. :lol:

it would be better if they put the figures back in the queue :(

at the moment, still only "Sam as knight" and the Dragon sleeping in cage are the only two displays - and I suspect Dragon is only because it's one you can view from outside the queue as well.

it's so weird walking by all the empty sets. . . (didn't ride on Wed, but peeked in the queue)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:16 pm

At least the Gully Washer queue is still open so you can get some great shots of Iron Rattler. That queue really is the best place to watch that coaster.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:37 am

Going on a road trip starting Friday from Atlanta and I think I will be stopping through SFFT on Sunday with a friend. Any tips for Holiday in the Park? Or are there any local stores that sell discounted tickets that are cheaper than online (~$50). I have a season pass for SFOG so I should get in free but unfortunately I won't be able to use a bring a friend ticket at SFFT. Thanks!

Postby bert425 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:33 am

best tip I can give for a Sunday is be there at Opening.

the park fills up as the day goes on Sunday, but Mornings are typically slow until after Church.

most folks go directly left for Goliath, tho if you see it's walk on, grab a ride. then head around over to Iron Rattler.

Wonder Woman and Poltergiest never open with the park when I am there. . so grain of salt. but keep an ear out for Poltergiest running (you'll hear it) and then head over that way, since it will pull a line with only 1 train operations.

Wonder Woman, of course, is brilliant. . so either Fast Pass it, or expect to wait. Superman is typically multi train so usually short/no wait, and Batman is almost always a short line too.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby aueft » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:13 am

I got back earlier this week from a trip through Texas. I ended up visiting SeaWorld San Antonio, Six Flags over Texas, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

General Thoughts:

I visited Six Flags Fiesta Texas on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and despite the long weekend it wasn't crowded at all. I mostly rode coasters this time as none of the other rides seemed to be that interesting. However, I did see The Heart of the Holidays music show, which was better than anyone could reasonably expect a Six Flags park show to be. In fact, that made me curious about their other shows, but I left early before I could find out.

A couple of the rides that I was interested in were closed for weather (I think), so unfortunately I did not get the Premier spaghetti bowl credit or the log flume credit. And their new dark ride looks interesting, so I am disappointed that it is still under construction.

Select Ride Thoughts:

Wonder Woman - getting this credit was one of my main objectives as otherwise I would have to revisit California's Great America to ride a similar model (and I hate my home park). There wasn't much of a line when the park opened in the afternoon, and the operations seem pretty great for an attraction that assuredly has mediocre capacity; I got to ride twice in quick succession. I think that this is probably the most aggressive coaster that I've ridden just due to how quick the elements are.

Iron Rattler - rode this twice. Last ride was near the back, and one of the riders in the last row was ridiculously obnoxious and kept shouting throughout the entire ride and down the exit ramp. The intensity of the airtime was great, but Iron Rattler feels a little bit short, even for a Six Flags RMC conversion.

Road Runner Express - hilariously, this was the longest line that I waited in due to the single train operations. I know that people tend to be favorable to this Arrow mine train due to its relative intensity, but I think that I prefer the quirkiness of some of the older Arrow mine trains.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:15 am

Actually looks like I will be hitting the park solo on Sunday so if anyone is going to the park and wants to meet up, let me know!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:46 am

^^ At least Road Runner Express was open for you since it was closed for a good chunk of the year.

I think Steel Vengeance and Millennium Force gives Cedar Point the best 1-2 coaster punch, but I think Fiesta Texas has the best 1-2 first drop punch with Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman (and they aren't far behind the best overall 1-2 punch either). The sheer power of the airtime on those drops is incredible.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby bert425 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:50 am

yeah, RoadRunner is pulling long lines mainly for 2 reasons:

1) it was closed down most of 2018 waiting for a part (as Canobie mentioned), and even now that it's back up, they only have one working coaster train (not sure why on that, tho I asked last time I rode it and they told me they only had one train and were using the other for "backup" - which I assume means "parts").

2) it's one of only 2 "family" coasters in the park (other than Pandemonium).
Factor in that HitP attracts families, and you have a lot of younger kids who won't/cant ride the "big" coasters. . that leaves: Pandemonium & RoadRunner as the only true mid-sized coaster in the park. so yeah, it get's lines.

also why Boomerang gets lines, tho that one tends to get the older teens more than RoadRunner does.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby aueft » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:24 am

I guess that makes sense, and Pandemonium was closed on my visit as well.
That isn't to say that Road Runner Express was an insanely long line on Sunday, but it was the only one that really had more than a station wait.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!