TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

What a mess I love it.

I follow this project as much as I can wherever I can. It's starts to annoy me that people already made up their minds that F.L.Y. opens in 2020 and not in 2019 because it's "Far from finishing". I just wonder Am I to optimistic that this project can be done in 9 to 10 months? Because I still believe it's opening next year July.

I follow this project as much as I can wherever I can. It's starts to annoy me that people already made up their minds that F.L.Y. opens in 2020 and not in 2019 because it's "Far from finishing". I just wonder Am I to optimistic that this project can be done in 9 to 10 months? Because I still believe it's opening next year July.

A wise Japanese man once said something along the lines of, "a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever".

What a mess I love it.

Yes, it's definitely far from being finished, but I wouldn't bet against it being open later in the season next year, or maybe it will be 2020. Who knows? Without knowing what the theming will entail it's impossible to say, and honestly, I don't really care as it will open when it's ready; I am not the kind of person to plan a trip around a ride's opening date.

^ & ^^ While I agree with you both. I do however think it's way way to early to lose sight of that 2019 opening as many people do.I learned my lesson at Klugheim that in May was still a giant construction site but a month later looked amazing and was done. Honestly I do agree with the people that it's a long shot from finishing but they still have about 3/4 of a year before it's July 2019. If there was 1/2 a year left and it looked like this I can see why people lose hope. Now July 2019 sounds to far away for me to say this can't absulutly be done by then. I am very much aware that it might not open before 2020, I still don't believe it for sure won't open in 2019 like these people that start to annoy me.

A wise Japanese man once said something along the lines of, "a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever".

I hadn't checked in on this project in a while. It looks incredible even without whatever theme-work they're going to put in. Can't wait to see the final project!

Theming on the Wall that will seperate the two areas (Fantasy/Berlin) has started to appear really quickly over the past two weeks.

As you can see at the second picture, it seems like the fantasy side of the wall supposed to become a Wuze Town like Theming.

fly.thumb.jpg.f931e6da8a417a1b17f1ff2e98a862fb.jpg

0C4166A1-4667-41F6-ACBE-A51BB39E796C.jpeg.6667b2358e4ddc351779f643511cc3ac.thumb.jpeg.f7df4fd78066732a26c5d99ae2995959.jpeg

This Wall is very huge...

Source: Phantafriends

Sad this will be pushed back. (I will be temporarily living in Germany in 2019, and I was looking forward to riding this).

if I ever ride this, this will be one of my most anticipated rides. It is like all the best aspects of Taron, Lech Coaster, and Batwing all in one. I actually really like Batwing, so I am excited to see more of what Vekoma will do next.

I just wonder why they leave two squars open like that while they finish the rest. I mean I look at a picture where they are much further with the wall (having a nice wood like patern on the top and the shield completly black with a gray dragon(?) desing in it.) and those holes stand out because they only have iron fram work to finish the shield. Either you F.L.Y goes through it what I find wierd because it seems like a soundbarrier or a small second ride? (wishful thinking).

I also hope the start of this themework now means at the start of 2019 season that ugly fence is gone and instead the area is blocked behind this beautiful wall. And that train off thought brought me back to believe they do plan a 2019 opening.

Edit: I know now where the holes are for. some crazy arch pieces. The wall turns out beautiful though.

• 2 weeks later...

Theming at the big wall continues...

Scaffholding and the first metal grids for further Theming appeared on the right side of the wall, also the Theming on the left continues around the corner a little further.

wall1.thumb.jpg.e55bc656759351ec5d8383304b7c5a0e.jpg

The more interesting thing ist, that more launchparts appeared on the construction site. At least two of them are installed after the Lifthill right after the station and more are waiting to get in place. So a Second launch is as good as certain.

launch1.thumb.jpg.45181731c37175f058f9323941d6521a.jpg

source:

Picture 2 : Coaster force (CSLKennyNI)

Picture 1: Phantafriends (Nachtfalke)

Wow, that wall looks like it's getting what are called buttresses,

usually attached to big churchs, like Notre Dame in Paris.

Very impressive, the whole thing so far.

buttress.jpg.ad53fc8a1c85d1c159b6b0aeaa88ccbf.jpg

Buttress, in plural.

• 2 weeks later...

During the offseason, there is not much that i can offer in terms of new Pictures from Theming or so.

Phantasialand Prepares for Wintertraum and reopens for there winterevent in several days.

For a small preview, they sendet this Picture of the new Christmas Tree carring in Place and create the Ice Surface.

Baum.thumb.jpg.e7c647c0abc4ec67217f959b40978be6.jpg

eis.jpg.2fd31dd8ffa53ffad5ccf607cb4477a0.jpg

Also decorations and lights are going in place

berlin.jpg.1d3b636e22bbfefec93c824ee2919ebe.jpg

Source: Phantasialand on Facebook and Whatsapp

But the more interesting thing is the new designed Vekoma Homepage.

They show a new gerneration model of a Flying coaster, that to me (and many other), has a simillarity to F.L.Y.

520245674_FlyingCoasters.thumb.jpg.807ac59ab684c5e9b4a2805772216bd0.jpg

According tho the vekoma website, there will be a Darkride section with a story, prepairing the Riders for the trip, than it will rotate the seats into Flying position and launch the Train. This all sounds pretty familliar....

The Train has also 10 rows of two Seats, like the Vekoma Test facility.

Here is the Original Vekoma Text:

Flying Coasters

On this really unique ride, riders are comfortably and safely harnessed in a prone position. Riders start in a sit-down position and are transported sideways to a dark ride section. They are immersed in a story to save the world using their flying super powers. Prepared to get launched, the track and seats are turns 90 degrees creating a smooth transformation from dark ride to flying coaster from where the flight begins and riders experience inversions, air time moments, near miss moments and a lot more. With their arms stretched out, face down and parallel to the track, this is as close as it gets to flying like superman!

The combination of the different positions of riders, creating a free view dark ride section in combination with a thrill, makes this ride type a one of a kind in the roller coaster industry.

(Soon to be announced)

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo... a few days ago I found out we are going to get to go to Phantasialand in 2019... HOLY CRAP!! I am so freaking excited. It's one of those parks that I've always thought... "Gosh that looks awesome. Too bad I'll never get a chance to visit it." Then *BAM* my partner lets me know we are going. Like, holy crap. I am so excited for this!!

^ It's a really awesome park, and now has a few New Extra Awesome Attractions,

since I was last there (2010).

Have a great time there. And an eventual TR (of course) would be appreciated.

111030636_ResizeofK-03.jpg.abae3f9aa2751bfb7a64a723faf26351.jpg

A shot of Black Mamba. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.

524677114_ResizeofK-05.jpg.2c539c8852026b4ddef5fbb76b7531d9.jpg

Myself and Jon with ( ~~~~~~ ) between us. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.

A quick reminder that this time of year is probably the best time to visit Phantasialand. Barely any queues, almost all rides are open (except River Quest)...IMG_0092.thumb.jpeg.db028ceb4a0c30a6f7d9995f3bd1190f.jpeg

...there's great decoration and lighting...

IMG_0109.thumb.jpeg.a4e235b63432fea2ebf1ce10408deeb8.jpeg

...trees and ice and stuff...

IMG_0097.thumb.jpeg.2f403399ba9b8801dc781c05e6058707.jpeg

...great food...

IMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.aee3d3709f643e9e8e248e0eddc24c38.jpeg

...and of course Klugheim and Taron at night are even more mysterious.

I've been to Phantasialand this Saturday (I have pictures but hey bring 0 value as it's mostly the wall) and I have to say the wall was a lot smaller then expected. Anyways I thought it blended in perfectly in the environment of the Fantasy theme. I start to wonder if at the start of next season we can walk up to the wall as that part seems very far.

Also I just can across a picture of some yellow marker tape at the Berlin Rookburgh passage, People assume there might be an announcement soon at that end, curious about that.

It was brought to my attention last year that Chiapas in the snow is a thing and it's now on my bucket list.

All around the world they laugh at us and our lack of amusement parks in cold weather! I have ridden Splash Mountain in the snow in Tokyo! (Along with a BUNCH of roller coasters) The German's are strong too! Europe in general...I mean the amount of speedos we saw in water parks in 65 degrees always amazes me!