TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tripsdrill Discussion Thread

The wine glass was free with a single wine serving bought. The juice glass was

in the souvenir shop, so I got that there.

Thanks, what I believe is that you can get one of either of the glasses free with regular entry.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Germany's oldest amusement park introduces two new coasters

thumb_6e1bbd97ec673588ec073c2993426537_660_300_0.jpg.53df92ca42ecb686d262feadf45bd96e.jpg

There is some exciting news to pick up on the submitted development plans of Erlebnispark Tripsdrill. The oldest park in Germany would secretly be planning two coasters that will open in 2019 and 2020.

According to development plans, Tripsdrill has some big plans. Next season a roller coaster should open with a height of 22 meters. Further details about this novelty are not yet known and the park has not yet officially confirmed this. But that does not stop there: in the plans we also see a roller coaster for 2020, with a height of up to 31 meters.

The last time the park opened a rollercoaster was in 2013: the launched looping coaster Karacho. Based on the height of the new coasters, we can expect a family coaster and a new thrill coaster. The roller coaster planned for 2020 would be just one meter taller than Karacho. It is quite possible that one or both coasters will be made by German manufacturer Gerstlauer. With G'sengte Sau and Karacho, the park already has two coasters from this manufacturer and last year the park also opened the Sky-Fly Höhenflug of the same company.

Source

• 7 months later...

TRIP REPORT:

So.. After five and a half years I finally made it back to Tripsdrill for the second to last day of operations on November 3rd together with my wife and our six month old son who did his first rides there! When I was there the last time, "Karacho" was still under construction, so I was stunned how much better the park is now. It's a shame we weren't here for so long because we live only 90 minutes away. Everything is so lovely and calm, easily one of the best park I visited. My son's godparents also went with us, who didn't do that much coasters in their life before.

Coasters:

G'sengte Sau: We like it. It's nothing special, but it's Gerstlauers Bob prototype and makes real fun. It's amazing to have a Wild Mouse with its laterals and some sowwshing turns and airtime in the same coaster. We also like interacting rides and it's always fun to talk to the people in the Badewannenfahrt while being on the lifthill and in the first hairpin curves. It was in good shape an nowhere between rough. It ran quite fast and we thought if it was even better in the summer. We only did it one or two times because the queue went beyond 20 minutes in the afternoon.

Mammut: It was my second woodie ever (after Wodan) and was one of the reasons I fell in love with wooden coasters. I had the fear, that I wouldn't like it anymore because we've seen such stunning woodies in the US last year, but nope - still like it! We rode it multiple times in front and back. I think the front gives you more air (floater), but the back has the better first drop. Perhaps we have to ride it in the summer again when it runs faster. But it's a really solid coaster, especially for this little park.

Karacho: None of us has ridden this before, so we really didn't know what to expect. The girls went riding first when we stood outside with the kid. As the car with them on board came out of the launch tunnel and over the tophat I heard a very familiar "Huiiiiiii" - a sound coming off my wifes mouth on rides like Millennium Force, Banshee or Taron. Immediate smiling thought of me: "Man this has to be quite good!" So we went after them - and it was truly amazing. After the second inversion of our first lap my only thought was "How can this thing be standing in Tripsdrill - the middle of coaster nowhere!?" But the best thing was still coming: the transition into the dive loop and the dive loop itself! Man, that's one of the best inversions I have ridden so far. Tight, fast and nowhere rough or whiplashing. I loved it, as we all did! We must have ridden this beast multiple times, I sat at all positions and I liked the front left the best.

Rasender Tausenfüßler: Of course we did this as well - even if the kid was still to small. We liked it, solid kiddy coaster where you can grab some grass on the run!

Rides:

We also went on the Sky Flyer, one of my favourite flats, the bouncing tree and the Badewannenfahrt (where you can see boobs ). And then, of course, we did the first flats with the kid: The spinning wine barrels, the spinning soups, the bicycle monorail and the cradle ride. And we have to tell you: There's a coaster rider growing up in Kaiserslautern! Half a year old and in sheer fun when riding theses things!

Food:

We went tho the main food sit down restaurant - and the food was amazing!

Complaints:

Even on this superb in trip in a nice park we had two letdowns, but I want to say beforehand, that they didn't ruin our trip in any way. It's just room to improve for the park.

1.) No baby switch: I asked them the day before we went about the possibility of baby switch, but they responded that there would be no logistically possible solution for the park and the queues on the rides to do that. First, I think thats very bad for a park that has so many attraction for kids aged 0-4 which are not allowed on the big ones. Second, the statement is BS (IMHO). Creating some sort of pass that you give to one parent after riding which is recieved by the other parent that goes up the exit ramp is possible in the park/queues if they wanted.

2.) Ride height policies: I want to say first, that I don't know whicht policies are set from the manufacturer and which are set by the park. But it's really hard to understand why my son, with six months and 70 cm height, is allowed to go on the monorail bicylce, whichs runs manpowerd in 15-20 ft height, sitting between us on the plastic cover without proper seat or belt, where the vehicles can come to a complete stop and are also able of bumping into each other at full speed - but isn't allowed on the kiddy coaster with proper lap bar or the electric autos, which run at a set speed (much slower than the monorail bicycle), 10 cm off the ground, cars are nut able to come close together. For the latter he has to be six times the age he is now. I don't get that. If he could ride nothing, that's okay for me. But riding (i comparison to eacht other) "dangerous things" without restraint or seat and bein rejected from a top notch safe ride with seat and restraints is riddiculous.

Before anyone tries to call CPS on us - he never was in real danger. We just compared the rides he could go on with the rides he couldn't - and didn't see any logic behind.

Complaints:

Even on this superb in trip in a nice park we had two letdowns, but I want to say beforehand, that they didn't ruin our trip in any way. It's just room to improve for the park.

1.) No baby switch: I asked them the day before we went about the possibility of baby switch, but they responded that there would be no logistically possible solution for the park and the queues on the rides to do that. First, I think thats very bad for a park that has so many attraction for kids aged 0-4 which are not allowed on the big ones. Second, the statement is BS (IMHO). Creating some sort of pass that you give to one parent after riding which is recieved by the other parent that goes up the exit ramp is possible in the park/queues if they wanted.

2.) Ride height policies: I want to say first, that I don't know whicht policies are set from the manufacturer and which are set by the park. But it's really hard to understand why my son, with six months and 70 cm height, is allowed to go on the monorail bicylce, whichs runs manpowerd in 15-20 ft height, sitting between us on the plastic cover without proper seat or belt, where the vehicles can come to a complete stop and are also able of bumping into each other at full speed - but isn't allowed on the kiddy coaster with proper lap bar or the electric autos, which run at a set speed (much slower than the monorail bicycle), 10 cm off the ground, cars are nut able to come close together. For the latter he has to be six times the age he is now. I don't get that. If he could ride nothing, that's okay for me. But riding (i comparison to eacht other) "dangerous things" without restraint or seat and bein rejected from a top notch safe ride with seat and restraints is riddiculous.

Before anyone tries to call CPS on us - he never was in real danger. We just compared the rides he could go on with the rides he couldn't - and didn't see any logic behind.

I feel your pain on both of these. I agree that the Baby Swap "not being possible" is ridiculous. You can create a simple paper pass that can be used at the exit, bring the kid through the line, there are a ton of solutions to this even at smaller, older parks.

The height restrictions only get weirder as the kid gets older and taller. Wait till they're in the situation that they've been on the EXACT ride at another park and then are told they have to be 6"+ taller to ride the SAME ride at another random park!

Complaints:

I feel your pain on both of these. I agree that the Baby Swap "not being possible" is ridiculous. You can create a simple paper pass that can be used at the exit, bring the kid through the line, there are a ton of solutions to this even at smaller, older parks.

The height restrictions only get weirder as the kid gets older and taller. Wait till they're in the situation that they've been on the EXACT ride at another park and then are told they have to be 6"+ taller to ride the SAME ride at another random park!

Thanks for your reply, Elissa!

Their exact answer (I looked up their email) was: "Ein Baby Switch oder ähnliches lässt sich derzeit bei uns logistisch und platztechnisch nicht so einfach umsetzen. Denn für die anderen, wartenden Besucher soll kein Stau oder Nachteil dadurch entstehen."

You can translate it to: "A baby switch or similar (system) is logistically or constructional not realizable in an easy way. Because for the other, waiting visitors shall not emerge any line up or disadvantage."

I just replied that all the others customers stand behind two persons, no matter if it's a kidless couple, if you do the baby switch or if my wife comes out and I go into the normal line. But the experience of the families would be increased. We never got an answer to that.

As far as the height restrictions: Oh well, we didn't think that far into the future.. Yeah, I can already feel which problems may occur if you go to different parks frequently (as we plan to do)..

But we do see these things already right now. We wanted to do one last park before the season ends, as Sarah hasn't ridden any coaster since September 2017 (three days later we knew she was pregnant ), so we looked up for a park that has the most to offer for the kid. The winner was Tripsdrill, but we saw changes in the height restricitons for similar to identical rides at different parks.. I'm "excited" what the future holds for us.

• 11 months later...

So, Tripsdrill announced yesterday that they are adding not one, but two new coasters for the 2020 season. I only found sources in German right now, but I'll translate the important facts:

https://bnn.de/nachrichten/suedwestecho/einmalige-doppelkonstruktion-in-tripsdrill

The first coaster will be a 500 m (1640 ft) long family boomerang from Vekoma, 22 m (72 ft) high, 80 km/h (37 mph) fast. The other one, which will be intertwined with the boomerang, will be the prototype of the Vekoma suspended thrill coaster, four inversions, 30 m (98 ft) high, 800 m (2624 ft) long and 80 km/h (49 mph) fast.

Pretty interesting facts for me. You can be sure they'll be as amazingly themed as the other coasters, so that might be a winner for the park.

The exact opening dates are not official yet.

^

But don't expect both coasters to open with the park in spring. That will easily be mid summer and themeing may not be ready when the coasters open.

Still very flexible in my planning so that won't be a problem. Also during my last visit they still had the "construction" theme going with Karacho, so I'm used to that.

• 3 months later...

Tripsdrill released a new construction video of their two Vekoma coasters with an awesome drone POV of both coasters!

Very interesting to watch, enjoy!

I'm pretty hyped for "Hals über Kopf". Awesome, that I'll have three new Vekoma's in a two hour range. The Family Boomerang loogs pretty long.

I think it's awesome that both coasters are towards the front of the park. It's quite a walk to get to G'sengte Sau, Mammut and Karacho. The park is absolutely gorgeous, so it isn't a bad thing at all, but if you want to get on the coasters, the easy access from the entrance is nice.

It's amazing to see Tripsdrill getting so much bigger, now! I remember my one visit in 2008 (thanks to TPR), when Mammut was the newbie coaster in the park. Really enjoyed the visit there, and always wished I could have gone back to it.

• 2 months later...
Looks - and sounds! - especially smooth. Glad to see Vekoma is still redefining itself! Maybe we could get one of these in the U.S. once parks have money again?

I would be at a park opening day if we got something like Lech Coaster in the United States.

Tripsdrill will be opening on May 29th. There's no further information on how they will do ticketing but it's a fair assumption to think that they will go to reservations.

https://tripsdrill.de/en/

The Theme Park starts the new season on 29th May

Details on exact requirements and protective measures as well as on ticket purchase will be announced shortly.

• 1 month later...