TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Credit

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Niesen Railway. The steps that run alongside the Niesen mountain railway in Switzerland are officially the longest stairway in the world. There are 11,674 steps in all, and it's only possible to hike them one day a year during the Niesen Run. It's only a two-mile run but there's 5,475 feet of altitude to climb!

download.jpg.a7d2c7772ca11474162a983316f17a09.jpg

What should we call 5400-5499 foot coasters?

• 4 months later...

I had a similar situation at a local Church event. They are a large one, which means they could afford rides and so there were 3 present; a mini chairswing, Larson traveling tilt a whirl and most importantly a caterpillar train with a tunnel on two rails. I couldn’t ride it though, as I passed the age limit by a lot, but I could’ve sworn it was a powered coaster...

My point is you are probably not allowed on it so don’t count it. Also it would’ve been awfully shameful for me to count that little caterpillar ride as my 140th cred.

I think some may take it more serious than I meant it!

We just were at the mall with our ten month old son an let him ride it. Once he was on, we discussed if this counts as his first (powered) coaster or not. And soon we had the point, up from which elevation change, up from which size an up from which speed it could be truly called a coaster, because the design of a locomotive with wagons on rails is found on many coasters and especially on powered ones (Mack's Enzians).

And soon after, we thought who would knew better than this community!

I think I'll go with Andrew and increase Paul's count to four!