TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I was only expecting a few rides to be operating so Raging Bull and Giant Drop are a surprise. I'm curious to see if the park actually makes the effort to put on a good event or half ass it like usual. I learned a long time ago to keep my expectations low. In the end I'll be riding coasters later in the year, which is great.

I told you guys it would probably be open. Without the trim enabled Raging Bull will probably run in temperatures well below that of what Nitro can at Great Adventure. They are pretty different layouts with Nitro having more airtime hills.

This is Six Flags. And they seem to have a chain-wide policy in place for winter. 'Run every ride we can until they just won't run anymore.'

They’re finally starting to add the ride list to the website.

It looks like Joker, X Flight, Superman, Raging Bull, Sprocket Rockets, V2, Batman and Dark Knight will run.

The website is still a work in progress, but they went out of their way to add those specific rides in the last few hours and it sounds like the most sensible lineup anyway so it’s most likely what we’re going to end up with.

Link

Note: Ignore the “Entertainment” section that’s clearly just pulling everything from the CMS and has been for awhile now. They actively added the ride lineup under “Holiday Thrills” at the bottom today which they wouldn’t have done without a reason. I don’t expect it to be a full list but my gut tells me that it might be a full coaster list because I mean... what else would they really run?

They’re clearly building this on the framework of the Six Flags America and Six Flags New England sites by the way, and the fact that they’re building it while it’s live and actually linking to it from the main website is insane but that particular section is noteworthy since they literally just put it there today.

Edit: They’ve added this also.

9E59FD1D-A586-484A-80BF-D2FE1F7DA5A5.thumb.png.271b187953c50f941d932b734d3749d7.png

Edited by coasterbill

They’re finally starting to add the ride list to the website.

It looks like Joker, X Flight, Superman, Raging Bull, Sprocket Rockets, V2, Batman and Dark Knight will run.

The website is still a work in progress, but they went out of their way to add those specific rides in the last few hours and it sounds like the most sensible lineup anyway so it’s most likely what we’re going to end up with.

Link

Note: Ignore the “Entertainment” section that’s clearly just pulling everything from the CMS and has been for awhile now. They actively added the ride lineup under “Holiday Thrills” at the bottom today which they wouldn’t have done without a reason. I don’t expect it to be a full list but my gut tells me that it might be a full coaster list because I mean... what else would they really run?

They’re clearly building this on the framework of the Six Flags America and Six Flags New England sites by the way, and the fact that they’re building it while it’s live and actually linking to it from the main website is insane but that particular section is noteworthy since they literally just put it there today.

Edit: They’ve added this also.

can you make a map with the open areas of the park?

The drop tower will probably be added as well. I cant remember where I read it, but it was mentioned that you could check out the lights from the top of giant drop.

I'm really impressed with this list, but kinda surprised that a wooden coaster is not on the list. Typically, wooden coasters seem to run better in cooler weather. Not complaining, just surprised.

From what I've heard, Giant Drop will not be running

This description makes it sound like it will serve as a giant christmas tree:

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/kalightoscope

Join us for a light show like you have never seen before!

Beginning November 23, Kalightoscope is a can't miss attraction at Holiday in the Park. Join us for an inspiring and colorful holiday display. The Kalightoscope is all around you with 360-degree views of lights this is something that you won't find anywhere else! Gaze up at the Giant tree created by the Giant Drop ride and take it all in from ground to sky in this magnificent show.

I'm shocked Demon won't be open. Ninja runs well in SFSL. Of course - this probably still isn't a complete list. Both Woodies have long queues that might be tough to clear snow from - but then again Bull, X-Flight and Superman also have long queues.

And as for the Bull's trim yes I know if it doesn't trigger it means it is running slow. But that is what gives it the overhead to run in lower temps. Thicker lube = slower runs.

Given the ride lineup it sounds like the entire park will have to be open but you’ll end up walking by some closed rides. This is honestly an incredibly ambitious event.

I was just thinking about this...

Every other park has some areas that are closed off, correct? I know our park is unique with the "loop" shape, but I wasn't expecting everything open. It's a large area to have to clean up and maintain for the event...

I'm shocked Demon won't be open. Ninja runs well in SFSL. Of course - this probably still isn't a complete list.

I'd love to see Demon open for HITP, but I recall it struggling at times to make it to the MCBR after the tunnel (and subsequently crawling through the turnaround) last year towards the end of Last Blast.

I'm shocked Demon won't be open. Ninja runs well in SFSL. Of course - this probably still isn't a complete list.

I'd love to see Demon open for HITP, but I recall it struggling at times to make it to the MCBR after the tunnel (and subsequently crawling through the turnaround) last year towards the end of Last Blast.

Demon didn’t just struggle to make it to the MCBR at times but on the last day of season it actually got stuck on the MCBR for a few minutes.

Demon didn’t just struggle to make it to the MCBR at times but on the last day of season it actually got stuck on the MCBR for a few minutes.

Okay so mystery solved there. Ninja's layout just works better in the cold. As crappy as it is.