Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1423: Holidays at Universal Orlando media preview report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Anything » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:46 am

Is there an official capacity for the place published?

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:11 am

Rooey wrote:I will forever be upset they didnt move Dragon Challenge to Springfield, paint it green and have it themed to Kodos and Kang. But a guy can dream.

This. Just this. :lmao:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Invertalon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:^We were able to get Stranger Things (a whopping 10 minute wait, mostly consisting of walking through the giant queue), Poltergeist and Scary Tales done before the park officially opened to regular guests last Saturday thanks to Stay and Scream. And when we were done with those, we were already positioned inside of the park to start hitting the other houses while the lines were short. Especially on the weekend nights, Stay and Scream is definitely the way to go.

Yep... Been flying down to HHN since 2004 and never had any issue getting through all the houses and zones in a single night (we often go 3-4 nights per yearly trip). Stay and Scream is a must, for sure! We often get through each house some 4-8 times by the end of our trip, which makes a BIG difference in “soaking it all in”. Going through a house just once won’t cut it… Bad cast, timing or other things can really make an epic house be ho-hum. The worst part is just waiting in the hold areas for the hour or whatever, especially when hot. But we have been pushing our past two years back to end of October and have been fortunate to get amazing temps in the low 70's vs. 90's that our mid Sept visits were often... Then those cool nights in the low 60’s or high 50’s, even. Love it.
-Steve

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 pm

I did see where they reached capacity this year on a night. It seem's Stranger Things really brought in the crowd as a lot of people were wearing shirts, hats and other paraphernalia from the franchise. I didn't think it was that popular!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Those crowds are CRAZY! If I had bought a ticket for that night I honestly would just leave if I had to wait to get in all the way from NBC Sports Grille.

I'm happy that I got Rush of Fear this year, without Bill and Ted I don't need to go on the last night of the event anymore, and these October crowds are varying from "workable" to "sold out and insane" on random nights, whereas September is still reasonable and even pleasant on some nights. I really wish they would add more shows back, 1 main show and Vamp 85's mini dance off are probably the least they've had in that department since the event's inception.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Anything wrote:Is there an official capacity for the place published?

From what I can find online it seems that the capacity for Islands Of Adventure is 35,000 and the capacity for Universal Studios is 27,000.

No idea how accurate those numbers are thought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigger is not always better.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:27 pm

For those of you who didn't make it to Halloween Horror Nights this year, here's all ten mazes in one video!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:58 pm

thanks for posting that Robb!

I thought the Killer Klowns had a house at Universal this year? (or were they just a scare zone)?

the Poltergeist house, the Blumhouse Pictures, and the Stranger Things houses are my favorites from your video.

well done!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:09 pm

bert425 wrote:I thought the Killer Klowns had a house at Universal this year? (or were they just a scare zone)?

Just a scare zone.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:23 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced that the Halloween Horror Nights "Stranger Things" house will reopen to all day guests on November 6th in celebration of Stranger Things Day.

For the first time ever, Universal Orlando Resort will give guests the opportunity to brave an entire, fear-filled Halloween Horror Nights haunted house during the day, after the event has closed.

On November 6, the Upside Down will return to Universal Studios Florida as the incredibly-popular “Stranger Things” haunted house returns for one day to commemorate the anniversary of Will Byers’ disappearance in the critically-acclaimed Netflix series.

Guests will walk in the footsteps of Will as they encounter iconic scenes, characters and environments from the first season of the series – including the menacing Hawkins National Laboratory, the Byers home adorned with an erratic display of flashing Christmas lights and the predatory Demogorgon…which will stalk their every move.

Guests will also be able to enjoy foods and beverages inspired by Netflix’s “Stranger Things” at select locations within Universal Studios on November 6, including San Francisco Pastry Company, Beverly Hills Boulangerie and a special Benny’s Burgers food tent.

The “Stranger Things” haunted house will open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, November 6, and access is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with an Annual or Seasonal Pass. Passholders will also get access to the haunted house’s Express line by showing their valid pass at the entrance to the house.

The “Stranger Things” haunted house may be too intense for guests under 13. To purchase park tickets, including Annual Passes which are now available with up to six months FREE, visit http://www.universalorlando.com.
Stranger Things Haunted House Re-Opening on Nov. 6.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!