Photo TR: Chuck Returns to Japan with TPR--Again

Update: Tokyo Disney park hopping
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Chuck Returns to Japan with TPR--Again

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:26 am

Great report!

I miss Japan's train system so much.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knott's Merry Farm & Universal Studios Hollywood

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:33 am

Blue Turbo wrote:Chuck, I'm very disappointed that you didn't include the most extreme coaster at Beny Land, Aero 5:
IMG_1463.jpg

(I'm waiting to see what will be done with the amazing on-ride footage Elissa got on that one! :lol:)

Other than that, great report! Both parks looked nice, and had some interesting attractions, but not the best in terms of coasters. And I'm glad that my fake enthusiasm for cyclone came through since Robb was filming then.

I rode it, but blacked out and forgot. I think. :lol:

Postby bert425 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:39 am

cfc wrote:
Blue Turbo wrote:Chuck, I'm very disappointed that you didn't include the most extreme coaster at Beny Land, Aero 5:
IMG_1463.jpg

(I'm waiting to see what will be done with the amazing on-ride footage Elissa got on that one! :lol:)

Other than that, great report! Both parks looked nice, and had some interesting attractions, but not the best in terms of coasters. And I'm glad that my fake enthusiasm for cyclone came through since Robb was filming then.

I rode it, but blacked out and forgot. I think. :lol:

from the headbanging? is it an SLC? :p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby jray21 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Great updates! I love how unique and wacky Japanese parks are. It has been way too long since I've been there.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 am

Caught up on this report and loving it so far. My hope is that one day I'm half as good as Chuck at writing photo captions. This TR is a clinic.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12 am

Thank you for the kind words, Andy. I need to finish this one, but there are a lot of Tokyo Disney photos to sort through. Plus, I've enjoyed writing it, and I'm kind of sad that it has to end. I hope to have it wrapped up this weekend.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:00 pm

At Long Last: Tokyo DisneySea

What can I say about DisneySea that many (including me) haven’t said many times before?

1. It’s still the greatest theme park ever built.
2. Its version of Tower of Terror has the best back story of all the other towers--not to mention Shiriki Untundu. (Nothing against Rocket at Disneyland in California, but he’s no Shiriki.)
3. It’s home to some of the best popcorn anywhere.
4. Even with Journey to the Center of the Earth down for rehab, it's still the best theme park you'll ever visit.

I did do a couple things I’ve never done at this park before, but I think I’ll just move on to the photos.

Yes, the greatest day you could possibly imagine at almost any other park isn't as good as a bad day at Tokyo DisneySea--and there is no such thing as a bad day at Tokyo DisneySea. If you disagree with this statement, our Guest Relations CM will be happy to assist you.

He'll give you all the attention you want and then some.
000.jpg
Not a Shinkansen, but a monorail will do.
001.jpg
The Japanese wait very patiently until it’s time to get a Toy Story Fast Pass. Then it’s everyone for him- or herself for about 15 minutes or so.
002.jpg
No park tops the vistas of Tokyo DisneySea. Absolutely none!
003.jpg
Temporary Hidden Mickeys?
004.jpg
There isn’t a bad view in this park--even when you can see the access stairs to secured areas.
005.jpg
May as well get this out of the way before the one-hour-plus queue kicks in.
006.jpg
I just love all the little details in this park, such as the sea walls that appear to barely hold back the sea. Great touch.
007.jpg
I’m not a fan of simulators, but this is a better than what it replaced (Stormrider). It’s a very gentle, family-friendly trip under the sea.
008.jpg
As I recall, we’re riding inside a mechanical fish that’s shrunk down to regular fish size, or something like that. It's a good thing that they don't put you in a giant real fish then shrink you. If they did, you'd be surrounded by fish guts, and who wants that?
009.jpg
Nemo isn’t too far from this cart, which is a point in its flavor, er, favor.
009a.jpg
Duffy’s Blueberry Popcorn is pretty dang good. Hell, Duffy probably eats Blueberry Popcorn and craps out Strawberry Popcorn.
010.jpg
Back through the bucolic seaside of Cape Cod.
011.jpg
Excuse me, but is that Duffy Happy Marching Time stuff happening around here somewhere?
012.jpg
Guess which Fast Pass we were after.
013.jpg
If you guessed Toy Story Midway Mania, you guessed poorly.
014.jpg
Yes! Achievement unlocked!
015.jpg
I’m sorry other theme parks, but you still haven’t topped this. I will brook no dissension on this point.
016.jpg
We're entering my favorite part of DisneySea.
017.jpg
The Mysterious Island of Captain Nemo (aka, “Vulcania”) really does the classic Verne novel and Disney movie justice.
018.jpg
Looks like the Nautilus crew has some work to do yet.
019.jpg
I hope Lava Monster had a good time hanging out with Bruce the Shark at Senor Frog’s while they were on vacation.
020.jpg
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is a great ride, too.
021.jpg
Probably where they stow the grog.
022.jpg
“Peek-a-boo! Are you something edible?”
023.jpg
“Ow! Evidently not. Looks like I'm sharing a plate with some marinara sauce now.”
024.jpg
For some reason, I'm craving calamari now. More to come.
Last edited by cfc on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:04 am.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Oh, that was damn good calamari.

Back to DisneySea!
025.jpg
It’s always nice to walk through Mermaid Lagoon.
025a.jpg
First, it’s a beautifully done kids area.
026.jpg
Second, it’s indoors and air conditioned.
027.jpg
Third, there are come-hither mermaid plushes for all you pervs out there to snuggle with.
028.jpg
Arabian Coast is home to one of my favorite TDS attractions.
029.jpg
D’oh! Stupid Sultan!
030.jpg
Well, some people go there for the Sultan’s balls--with maple cream.
031.jpg
“Oh, did someone say ‘balls’? Wish I had me some of them!”
032.jpg
“Hey, no wishin’ for balls! This is a family park. Well, unless they’re ‘maple cream balls.’”
033.jpg
OK, we were distracted there for a moment. Let’s forget about maple cream balls and ride one of my favorite TDS attractions, . . .
034.jpg
. . . Sindbad’s Storybook Voyage.
035.jpg
“Good luck, Sindbad!”
036.jpg
“The local harlots will miss you.”
037.jpg
“But the mermaids will be happy to fill in.”
038.jpg
Sindbad’s sidekick, Chandu, is here to chew catnip and kick butt.
039.jpg
And he’s all out of catnip.
040.jpg
“Not even I would mess with Chandu, and I’m a freakin’ giant!”
041.jpg
“Oh, yeah! It totally rules to be a mermaid-kissin’, boat-sailin’, treasure-seekin’ son-of-a-gun like me! Woo!”
042.jpg
Sindbad parties like a rock star.
043.jpg
“Hey, Sindbad! Light up a few of these!”
044.jpg
“Oh, Chandu! We smoked way too much of that monkey ganja!”
045.jpg
Yeah, I think Sindbad had a bit too much fun, based on his expression.
046.jpg
“Yeah, these banana things are the best, man.”
047.jpg
The party’s over for Chandu, too.
047a.jpg
I’ve been to Japan three times, but this was my first ride on the Caravan Carousel.
048.jpg
Another achievement unlocked.
048a.jpg
My noble steed.
049.jpg
This was another first--and really damn good (tastes a bit like pizza).
049a.jpg
Even the spots for cooling people off are well themed. One more set of photos to go.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:26 pm

One last look at a great first day at DisneySea!
050.jpg
Lost River Delta is yet another beautifully themed area that no one has been able to top. Once again, if you disagree, tell it too Shiriki!
051.jpg
Temple of the Cyrstal Skull has nothing to do with the last Indiana Jones flick. I’ll let you decide if that’s good or bad.
052.jpg
I think this was a sign for an Aztec chiropractor’s office.
053.jpg
Oh no! Indy’s found the Necronomicon! Ash better load his boomstick and warm up his chain saw.
054.jpg
Hmm--the fan in Indy’s office looks rather “Hidden Mickeyish.”
055.jpg
Sigh! I really miss this park. So beautiful.
056.jpg
Mickey, Donald says the Three Caballeros is his “thing.” Why are you copying his “thing”?
057.jpg
Uh oh! Sudden bubble shower! Head for cover!
058.jpg
I’m sure that the building and queue for the latest version of Soarin’ will look better than all the other versions.
059.jpg
This park is simply a pleasure to walk through, even if you don’t ride a thing.
060.jpg
Then again, taking a boat on a hot day is nice, too.
061.jpg
I still have yet to ride the gondolas. Sounds like a good reason to come back.
062.jpg
There’s a very nice bar on this ship.
063.jpg
Eek! We’re listing!
064.jpg
Both Indy and Samuel Jackson are sick of Jock's motherf***in’ snake on this motherf***in’
plane!
065.jpg
Raging Spirits is a good example of of how to take a lemon and make lemonade.
066.jpg
Actual, honest-to-god live bird.
067.jpg
This is my favorite roller-coaster sign ever. It lights up, dings, and spins when the train goes through the loop.
068.jpg
I like how this giant stone head rocks back and forth.
069.jpg
This is essentially a beautifully themed, Intamin-built Pinfari-type ride . . .
070.jpg
. . . that the Japanese rebuilt and made into a decent coaster, rather than a torture device.
071.jpg
"I'm the freakin' Caballero, Mickey! Not you!"
072.jpg
Yay! Fast Pass time!
073.jpg
This is a wonderfully ironic quote from Shakespeare’s “The Merry Wives of Windsor.” The line is spoken by Pistol, a lowly cutpurse. Hightower, the rich "collector" of anicent artifacts, is, of course, a thief of a somewhat higher order.
074.jpg
The best queue of any Tower of Terror ride. I haven’t seen the Guardians of the Galaxy version yet, though.
074a.jpg
Harrison Hightower was such a humble, self-effacing man. He painted this himself, you know--while drunk.
075.jpg
Oh, Shiriki! You adorable little imp! Sending people to their doom!
076.jpg
Time to head out. But we’ll be back after some time at Tokyo Disneyland. But that's all for this update.
Last edited by cfc on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:12 am.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 pm

To every one who had the opportunity to visit Tokyo DisneySea . . . I ENVY YOU GREATLY!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: But with that being said . . . Great report Chuck! =) =) =) I could stare at Mount Prometheus all day and wouldn't get bored. But then again . . . if I traveled that far I would ride all the attractions and THEN stare at the Mount Prometheus for the remaining of the time I have left. ;) ;) ;)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!