TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Looks like flooding could be a problem once again. I noticed that part of the employee lot was underwater on my way into work tonight. Couldn’t see anything in the main lot. Not a problem right now but if we get more rain in the next few days it could be an issue.

How did Valleyscare go this weekend? It had to of been better than last week, that’s for sure!

Wasn’t able to make it out there myself this weekend but am looking forward to the next couple weekends!

On another note, is Cedarfair going to break the 5 or 6 year tradition of getting something new every year for Valleyfair? Cedarfair has been doing such a good job with Valleyfair these past few years with area one, and I was really looking forward to seeing what they had planned for Valleyfair next year, but I’m kind of disappointed with them. Are we the only park missing an announcement for the next year, and if so is Cedarfair just giving up on Valleyfair all of a sudden?

As an actor Valleyscare was a lot better this weekend. As for announcements, they have said they do not have an announcement for us this year so like I predicted it will be a GE year. All things considered, our last GE year was like, 2013 which was a pretty solid run of 5 seasons containing significant expansion.

Cedarfair has been doing such a good job with Valleyfair these past few years with area one, and I was really looking forward to seeing what they had planned for Valleyfair next year, but I’m kind of disappointed with them. Are we the only park missing an announcement for the next year, and if so is Cedarfair just giving up on Valleyfair all of a sudden?

I highly doubt it. Now if your asking the same question 2 to 3 years from now and they have not announced the start of the proposed expansion in the back of the park with a new parking lot/water park expansion OR a replacement for the Dino's since they are done next year then it might be true. But VF is not MiA just yet.

Considering how much they have been investing into haunt and entertainment annually for how small the park is, there may be a shift in focus. I would not blame them either if that is the direction they are headed in, as haunt brings in the most profits for the park. As I said previously, its not common for a park as small as Valleyfair to get multi million dollar mazes like Undertakers on a yearly basis.

What to people think of having 3 of the haunt attractions isolated from the rest of the park way out beyond the dinos, and have their been any more rumors of permanent haunt structures?

Also wondering why Cedar Fair doesn't do "Haunt Rotation", the could send all the props to another park for a new maze after it closes at the previous location.

Me and my wife are flying into msp to visit moa and hit nick universe. We thought that since we were already in the area we might stop by Valleyfair. Is the park going to worth visiting oct 27th or would it be stupid busy and not worth our time?

Me and my wife are flying into msp to visit moa and hit nick universe. We thought that since we were already in the area we might stop by Valleyfair. Is the park going to worth visiting oct 27th or would it be stupid busy and not worth our time?

Assuming (based on your location) that you have a Cedar Fair pass then why not go? If you get there at opening and start at the mouse you can probably hit all of the coasters before it gets busy.

It will not start getting busy until 6-7 pm that evening due to Haunt so you should try to go. It will be light to moderate crowds until then. If you are at rope drop at 11:00 am you can have all of the coasters and couple of thrill rides done by 3:30 pm for sure if not earlier. Probably earlier because Excalibur does not run during Haunt. NU is better themed and has more unique flats but VF has more to offer in thrill category for rides.

I second all of RCjunkie's advice. I would ride Mad Mouse, North Star, and High Roller early on just to be safe, other than that it shouldn't take more than four hours to hit all the must-rides.

^

If you’re going straight to MOA from the airport, you could take the Blue Line light rail train to the mall, $2.50 per person and only takes 10 minutes or so to get there. Not sure about your hotel but a lot of hotels in that area offer free shuttles to/from MOA and/or the airport. Valleyfair is a bit isolated so you will have to take an Uber/Lyft/cab there.

Kinda just confirms a majority of our general ideas of what is going on with the park.

No, it kind of confirms that he spoke to a marketing guy. Of course he made it sound like exciting things were coming. No marketing guy is going to say "Yeah, we're planning on phoning it in for a few years. We're pretty much not doing sh*t".

Yeah they wouldn't create much buzz by being like "oh no there's nothing new happening for a while, in fact we might actually remove a roller coaster instead of adding one. You should drive to Six Flags Great America they're opening a new coaster next year"

^ Nobody has directly told us this but VF fans can read in between the lines and we are already thinking, "...You should drive to Six Flags Great America they're opening a new coaster next year." It is tough to watch smaller parks (or at least used to be) like Kentucky Kingdom grow and surpass VF with their new additions.