TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Plopsaland De Panne Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

^I went to Plopsaland De Panne today, to try out Heidi. And wow, this is is a very fun ride! Full of airtime, well paced and some great theming. Definitely the ride this park needed. Full trip report from Heidi and the rest of the park is coming up tomorrow.

Okay this might be a silly fear might be justified. But I'm currently looking for a new (for me) park to visit rather soon without having to wait for a coaster to open. So Plopsaland has become my number one choice, although i have a slight fear when it comes to this park. I can't remember where I read this but I remember something about parks refusing single grown ups out of fear of child abusers. I know this might not even be a real problem but is it something to watch out for when it comes to Plopsaland? I know it's silly but I refuse to make the trip to be halted at the gates.

Also if that isn't a problem (or there is an easy way I can fix it) what might be the best time to visit so crowds are somewhat low?

Thanks in advance.

^I never had any kind of problems when I visit this park on my own. I've never even heard of it. So that's no problem at all.

I think the best time to visit is the general rule: avoid weekends. In my experience, the end of April, May and early June are the best times to go. In the summer it can get very busy at the park. I hope I gave you some helpful advice.

Okay this might be a silly fear might be justified. But I'm currently looking for a new (for me) park to visit rather soon without having to wait for a coaster to open. So Plopsaland has become my number one choice, although i have a slight fear when it comes to this park. I can't remember where I read this but I remember something about parks refusing single grown ups out of fear of child abusers. I know this might not even be a real problem but is it something to watch out for when it comes to Plopsaland? I know it's silly but I refuse to make the trip to be halted at the gates.

Also if that isn't a problem (or there is an easy way I can fix it) what might be the best time to visit so crowds are somewhat low?

Thanks in advance.

I have never heard this about any park ever (I'm aware of parks having specific rides and areas not allowing single adults to enter but not the entire park) and I think it would be a wasted effort to include such a rule. You should be fine.

Thanks for putting me on ease, Like I said I have no idea where it came from and 90% sure it wasn't linked to Plopsaland at all. But it struck something that if such a rule does exist Plopsa would be a valid contender for it seeing the park mostly aimed to children. I wasn't even sure if I should start about it but it was holding me off to much. Thank you again and I think I start planning soon.

• 8 months later...

Plopsaland De Panne removes "De Vleermuis"

After 17 years, Plopsaland De Panne is going to remove the roller coaster "De Vleermuis" (translated: The Bat). It opened in 2000. It was a suspended duelling coaster with two parallel tracks. The coaster will be removed due to the low capacity (only one adult and one child fit in a cart, even on calm days, the waiting time almost never went under 30 minutes) and the big amount of technical problems. It was build by Caripro( a company that went out of business), so it took a long time to deliver maintenance parts and it was often closed for months.

source

• 8 months later...

Girl group K3 gets own themed area and roller coaster at Plopsaland

180918weer0.jpg.d81d3db6cd38ee1b3a67a054020dd510.jpg

Plopsaland De Panne puts K3 in the spotlights. The famous (in Belgium and the Netherlands) girl group will have its own themed area next year in the Flemish thele park, including a roller coaster. An existing themed area is being converted for this purpose.

Family roller coaster Rollerskater, opened in 1991, will be renamed K3 Roller Skater. The opening is scheduled for the start of the 2019 Easter holiday's. The area will also get a new look, based on the new TV series K3 Roller Disco. The series will be broadcast from next autumn.

At this moment, the roller coaster is still dominated by the forgotten Studio-100 series Wizzy & Woppy. "The attraction is completely stripped and re-decorated," Plopsaland says. Guests will soon take place in a K3 roller skate. The nearby restaurant Wizzy's Stove also gets a make-over.

"In recent years, we have been busy updating the various areas in the park, including the Plop garden and the Fairground square", says Plopsa director Steve Van den Kerkhof. "Obviously, the Rollerskater with accompanying sin could not be left behind." The new K3 TV show with roller skate theme was, according to him, "the perfect opportunity".

180918weer1.jpg.4d5fbe3e66bc632646f9bb202151ddba.jpg

180918weer2.jpg.a3af83c2256e0d5601b3bcf0a65fe471.jpg

Source

Makes sense to me. K3 was something I wasn't able do dodge when I was still a kid and Plopsaland and the Girl group are both owned by Studio 100. Thinking about it more it shocked me that K3 wasn't this prominent represented earlier. Truth to be told I thought they broke up but investigation made me realize they are still at it just with 3 completely new singers, that just weird to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Plopsaland invests 5 million euros in log flume with a gigantic volcano

011018dinosplash4.jpg.a2c05d08b294fce44612f33f05d8f12b.jpg

From summer 2019, Plopsaland De Panne will be a huge volcano. The Flemish theme park invests 5 million euros in a large-scale refurbishment of an old log flume. The castle theme of "De Boomstammetjes", opened in 1989, has to make way for an impressive prehistoric landscape with swirling volcanoes, rocks, lava flows and roaring dinosaurs.

"That we put so much money into theming is unprecedented," says Plopsa director Steeve Van den Kerkhof. "We do not want to do half work, so we take this very seriously." The attraction will probably reopen in July 2019. The temporary work name is Dino Splash.

Normally, Plopsaland chooses themes linked to the figures of Studio 100. "We deliberately did not do this this time," says Van den Kerkhof. "Dino's are timeless and very popular, which we believe is a very suitable theme for this attraction."

Today the theme park brings out drawings by house designer Piet De Koninck. The dinosaurs move along the track. "We wanted to have real-life animatronics," says the director. "That's ten times more impressive than static images." Van den Kerkhof is especially looking forward to the last descent. "You will then pass a large dark tunnel."

The 21 meter high log flume was built by the German manufacturer Mack Rides. At the opening in the eighties the attraction was called Splash. After the takeover of the park by Studio 100, the name was changed to "The Castle of King Samson". Nowadays the name "De Boomstammetjes" is used.

011018dinosplash2.jpg.630a790bc1fa47d8e5593acf7a9c7949.jpg

011018dinosplash3.jpg.fd97947fd8e022bb18acc1b84b12e76e.jpg

011018dinosplash1.jpg.51764819f006a07f8cf7e68831b866e1.jpg

011018dinosplash5.jpg.2a1766b7bf38ca1192cdd0bb5e4faa3b.jpg

Source