TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

^ I'm reading on D&M that it won't be closed during the facade renovations though.

The Mark Twain Riverboat is coming back fully refurbished in 2020 as well.

Oh my mistake, I misread the article. I will edit my post in case someone doesn't see your correction. I'm really happy Mark Twain is getting refurbished after so many years of neglect.

I really have to wonder, what corners were cut during the Tower of Terror construction. I still an shocked that there are chunks of the facade falling off the ride.

And now the foundation issues with Ratatouille.

DLP just can't get a break.

Yes, it's incredible really. Hopefully now Disney own the park outright they will put more value in making sure things are up to standard.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to (eventually) seeing that indoor Stunt Show.

And whatever else that's been built (and re-built), by the time we get there, lol.

IMG_9221.JPG.bccb7295ee3dfe5fc43cce1c24284630.JPG

Our last visit there ~ Sept.2015. Next visit: Apr.2022 ~ Our 50th Anniversary!

A few of the Disney fan sites have been reporting, that Disney Paris has announced that the renovations

and updating of Phantom Manor are "taking longer than expected." So the intended re-opening in

the Fall, has been pushed to "early 2019." Ah well, these things take time.

But the photo posted at one of the sites made me smile. It's like they removed the entire Manor and

replaced it with a box, painted with the building on it. Looks bizarre!

PhantomManorTarp01.thumb.jpg.0e5351eef2b3854449467cb8cd06e0d0.jpg

Photo found at LaughingPlace.com thanks!

• 1 month later...

To celebrate 90 years of Mickey, Disneyland Paris is organising a huge birthday bash with a very special programme. The kick-off whistle for this “Mickey 90 Mouse Party” will be blown on 1st October, with a new Halloween season that will put the spotlight on the most famous mouse in the history of animation.

This year, Halloween promises to be a wickedly wonderful party and will also celebrate Mickey himself. He will steal the show with a brand new float designed especially for him, in the mini Halloween parade. A new attraction called “Mickey and his PhilharMagic Orchestra” will make its appearance at Discoveryland. Lastly, there’s no Halloween without the “Disney Villains”. Get ready to shiver with some unparalleled encounters and a spectacular show… Don’t wait any longer to check out the programme:

Mickey’s Halloween Cavalcade

It is the most eagerly awaited parade of the season. Mickey’s Halloween Cavalcade is finally back with a bespoke addition: a brand new float called “Mickey’s Illusion Manor”. Why this name? Because it will celebrate 90 years of imagination in the most mischievous of ways, with apparitions and disappearances… Yes, Mickey can’t wait to play some tricks on you! What’s more, he’ll have help from some strange zombies and the three pranksters Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Scrooge’s nephews. No reason to panic though, as Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale, the Three Little Pigs, and many others will parade in their own floats, which will all exude cheerfulness and autumn colours.

New attraction: “Mickey and his PhilharMagic Orchestra”*

The “Mickey 90 Mouse Party” will mark the arrival, on 1st October 2018, of a brand new attraction in Europe: “Mickey and his PhilharMagic Orchestra”. Get ready to enjoy a new 4D experience at the Discoveryland Theatre. Once seated, you will find Mickey and Donald on the big screen. They will cast you into the very heart of some of the greatest Disney classics such as Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King, with new misadventures caused by the out-of-control Donald Duck. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have fun with Disney’s most popular songs and to celebrate 90 years of Mickey in style.

*The attraction “Mickey and his PhilharMagic Orchestra” will remain open after the Halloween season

Face to face with the Disney Villains

Halloween is also THE season of all possibilities, especially for those who are dying to mingle with the most famous Disney Villains! The terrifying Maleficent will cast a spell to transform the courtyard of Sleeping Beauty Castle into a huge briar bush. The briar bush will take the shape of her ominous dragon… The most daring will be able to come meet her to take a photo together or simply enjoy a diabolical chat.

Many Disney Villains invite you to their show “It’s Good to be Bad with the Disney Villains!” at the Castle Theatre. You will see the Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Cruella (101 Dalmatians), Captain Hook (Peter Pan), the Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland), Jafar (Aladdin), Gaston (Beauty and the Beast), Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre-Dame), Dr Facilier (The Princess and the Frog), but also Cinderella’s stepsisters and stepmother, Drizella, Anastasia, and Lady Tremaine. An intruder will hide within the show. The intruder in question is Donald, who will dress up like Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) so that he can party with the Disney Villains.

Good news – the Disney Villains you will see on stage will certainly be dying to meet you. They will come up to you after the finale and will take malicious delight in posing for photos next to you. As you can see, it will be THE event not to miss.

Even more encounters with Halloween stars

While the Disney Villains are preparing to invade Disneyland Park to celebrate their favourite season, they will not be the only ones! Minnie, Stitch, Goofy, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles (Donald’s partners in crime in the film The Three Caballeros) or even the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland promise new unforgettable encounters. A word of advice: don’t forget to grab the programme and map at the entrance to the Disney Parks to make sure you don’t miss anything.

In terms of decorations, every effort will be made to help you soak in several monstrously crazy and colourful atmospheres! Ghosts and pumpkins will invade Main Street, U.S.A., as well as Frontierland. Colourful, tall sculptures will also have their place at the heart of the festivities. And throughout the season, at the Fuente del Oro restaurant, you will be able to encounter the puppet of Miguel, the star of the Disney/Pixar film Coco.

The Halloween season takes place from 1st October to 4th November 2018. The “Mickey 90 Mouse Party” will be followed by a new Christmas season, full of surprises!

Detail.jpeg.7269cac40e1243c357f4142e14a51257.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Unlimited FastPass at Disneyland Paris will cost 150 euros

Disneyland Paris introduces several paid FastPass options. With a FastPass it is possible to skip the long queue at an attraction. Normally the service is free, but from October 15th, visitors can also choose different paid variants. One of the options costs a whopping 150 euros per person.

With a Super FastPass, visitors can enjoy quick access for 45 euros (30 euros in low season) to three family attractions (Ratatouille: The Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast) or three thrill rides (Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and The Twilight Zone Tower or Terror).

Those who are not satisfied with that, can also opt for an Ultimate FastPass. Skipping the queue once at all nine attractions with a FastPass queue costs 90 euros per person (60 euros in low season). The most expensive variant costs 150 euros (120 euros in the low season). This means that visitors are allowed for unlimited use of all FastPass queues in the parks in one day.

Source

That price sounds totally reasonable to me. Cedar Point charges $150 US on peak days. Taking that into consideration, $176 for a Disney park sounds fine.

It's expensive but the ability to skip all of the lines at a Disney park an infinite number of times should be expensive.

Cool, I'm sure they have some system designed so this doesn't interfere with normal operations and won't cause standby lines to be ridiculous. Plus it's pretty expensive so most people won't get it. I've paid $110 for Platinum Flash Pass and Fast Lane Plus, you're on vacation so budget for it. Going to Disneyland isn't exactly a daily occcurrence.

It looks like Disneyland Paris already offered some sort of unlimited Fastpass for Suites or Castle Club guests. Per the website:

VIP FASTPASS

Enjoy unlimited access to the FASTPASS line and skip the queue during your stay. As a Suites or Castle Club Guest, you'll board within a matter of minutes to the attractions that offer the FASTPASS service (only available at Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York, Disney's Newport Bay Club and Disney's Sequoia Lodge).

If I were pressed for time, I'd definitely consider this paid option. It sounds like they will still offer the standard Fastpass too so this really is a win for everyone. People can still use the free system if they don't want to splurge and those who want more have the option.

I genuinely would have entertained the possibility of purchasing one of these options a few weeks ago if they had been available when we visited. We strongly considered paying the extra money for one of the higher end resorts to claim this benefit but the cost gap was too significant. The cost they're asking for the unlimited access (even during peak season) is still substantially less than the difference of what we paid for a stay at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne compared to one of the resorts on property that includes this benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

Disneyland Paris just completed a press conference announcing some of the new and returning offerings for 2019! Check out all of the information they shared below and let us know what you're most excited to experience!

DpDN7z7XoAA5Ol-.thumb.jpg.3f2b04e021de0c9d391481acca0a69cc.jpg

In just a few moments, Disneyland Paris will unveil its event calendar for 2019 during its annual press conference! Follow along for live updates and highlights throughout the conference with #DLPPressConf2019

This year, the Halloween and Christmas seasons will celebrate 90 years of magic with Mickey Mouse!

DpDSh1SX4AAalrs.thumb.jpg.20f79a37633cf919b7ec00f920af5d49.jpgDpDSiAzXgAAqtQD.thumb.jpg.b2908fa426088b3f70591c1dbb9df647.jpg

Christmas is the perfect time to receive, but above all, to give and think about others. As we welcome a brand new year, Disneyland Paris will renew its commitment in favour of the aid to childhood.

DpDXFzOXUAAqXHt.thumb.jpg.7400923aecdb113c44319a9831f9b68c.jpg

Disney fans of all ages will be delighted to see the return of our two extra-special seasons at the start of the new year, "Legends of the Force: A Celebration of Star Wars” and the “Festival of Pirates & Princesses”.

DpDZYk9WkAEy9WN.thumb.jpg.4b17f0e8a883505962492aca36ef82e3.jpgDpDZYxbXUAArkxH.thumb.jpg.ce3e96b321dc50f2a59a102449ad23dd.jpgDpDZY8YW4AAASqk.thumb.jpg.5b8bf7e8ce3caa2bfc7645a80ac013b1.jpgDpDZZGLWsAALcX1.thumb.jpg.e2a3f66116903a0324af05a7e3720bfb.jpg

The Marvel Super Heroes will be back in force as of March 16th 2019! And this year, a few new heroes will be making an appearance, including Groot from “Guardians of the Galaxy”.

DpDc0B2XgAAqp_Z.thumb.jpg.48346f3698f595ffef876105ad3b8b8c.jpg

Last but certainly not least, in late June 2019, Disneyland Paris will launch an all-new, colour-packed season: "The Lion King and Jungle Festival".

DpDd9UjXgAAJVJo.thumb.jpg.9e5551318e7c08a59a524e2560b07929.jpgDpDd9isXUAc5gix.thumb.jpg.b52ed4a77dfe2695aababba49f517612.jpg

In terms of shopping, Disneyland Paris will be serving up a huge selection of stunning souvenirs each season, with unique collections that are truly iconic and always bang on trend.

DpDgR7xWsAAT8Zi.thumb.jpg.e5b072f8b541c87f00f45b3c1455b35e.jpgDpDgRcZWwAAWapH.thumb.jpg.caabfaa6bf9959a907b53d659fdb54df.jpgDpDgRocW0AAmH8d.thumb.jpg.aa2bba6b0f5374d61f0cbf9f36cdb3f9.jpgDpDgRzFWkAA6hw1.thumb.jpg.a5116f35e5eb7724ff2c08cd6301d2ea.jpg

We’ll also be adding an extra dash of Disney magic to our food and beverage offering! In 2019, get ready to explore some new culinary experiences that are more varied and immersive than ever.

DpDiE1UWsAA19Fs.thumb.jpg.6b81c2d25af0c20cb3667dac617a604e.jpgDpDiE-GXgAAgusW.jpg.ac11234a6c43c1858d705cda7907c407.jpgDpDiFJUW0AA8IY0.thumb.jpg.80fc7c540ad026a974136bd5eccba9c0.jpg

In 2019, Disneyland Paris will be bringing you more magical moments than ever! We’ve lined up concerts, sporting fixtures and loads of other events so you can get together and share some fun!

“After a sparkling #DisneylandParis 25th Anniversary, 2019 is aiming to be even more spectacular with more experiences for our guests than ever, including a roaring new musical show themed to #TheLionKing!” – Catherine P.
Edited by jedimaster1227

I'm so glad they're keeping Pirates & Princesses! I've watched the show several times on Youtube and faved a bunch of pictures on Flickr. I'm just absolutely in love with the new costumes for the princesses and the really catchy music. Hopefully they'll keep it going after next year, 'cause I'd love to go see it in person someday!

I'm so glad they're keeping Pirates & Princesses! I've watched the show several times on Youtube and faved a bunch of pictures on Flickr. I'm just absolutely in love with the new costumes for the princesses and the really catchy music. Hopefully they'll keep it going after next year, 'cause I'd love to go see it in person someday!
Being that Mark Huffman is behind it, I'm not surprised. Really miss his and Christy's work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
176 USD? That's absolutely insane. I'm sure some people will pay for it, but for now I'm waiting for the day that all Disney parks get MagicBands.

I am pretty sure that not "all (the rest of the) Disney parks" will get Magic Bands. Disney Paris deals with people from all over Europe and beyond, so I couldn't imagine the # of language translations they'd have to create on one list, to explain it all. The number of maps I have seen there in many, many languages is something to see on the map racks. The parks in Asia are mostly for the locals (except for some of us lucky out-of-country peeps who get to visit), and I don't think they're going to get MBs any time soon.

It's an American (needed) thing, and it'll probably stay with the two U.S. park resorts.

Just my opinion, but with Disney, anything can be possible.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been recently announced that both the Armageddon attraction and the Art of Animation attraction will both be closing permanently next year.

For Armageddon, I'm pretty sure (from reports) it's to be redone as part of the new Marvel Land in the Studios. Maybe even the Spiderman "attraction" going into DCA, is going to be possibly cloned for that specific area.

But does any body have any info. on what's happening to/with the Art of Animation bldg? It's still being shown in the expansion concept art of the Studios. But that doesn't mean it's still going to be there, etc.

So.... anybody heard/read anything about this attraction's closing and why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Art of Disney Animation - Closing Forever Jan. 7, 2019

Armageddon - Closing Forever April 1, 2019

ProductionCourtyard.png.a83fd934bf809620f3630637d0a337e9.png

I also wonder if any of the Production Courtyard

is to be changed into Marvel Land attractions, etc?

• 1 month later...

The rumor mill has spewed forth another EXPANSION idea, to the Studios,

once the first phase is finished and running (Marvel; Frozen; Star Wars)...

Now they're suggesting that the new ZOOTOPIA being planned for Shanghai DL

could be a contender clone for WDS as well as "the above." Besides CARSLAND

and PANDORA already suggested as Phase 2 expansion lands.

Possible I guess.

So I have finally been to Disneyland Paris and I wanted to share my opinions.

I stayed on-site at Newport Bay and thought the Hotel was beautiful, also very friendly staff!

Walt Disney Studio’s definately need more attractions, but this is coming so no worries there. What they have now is good, especially Tower of terror, loved it! Rock’n rollercoaster was good and a lot smoother than I expected it to be, did not bang my head once!

These past months I have been fortunate enough to visit both Disneyland Shanghai and Hong Kong because of work. They have some really awesome rides however Disneyland Parc in Paris ended up beeing my favourite park overall.

I think all the rides they have range from good to great, from the supercreepy snow white, to Peter Pan, really good Pirates of the caribbean and the fantastic and FAST Big Thunder mountain.

But my favorite ride was Hyperspace Mountain. I love the look of the mountain itself as well as the queue and station, the new trains are comfortable and makes what I assume was a rather rough and painful ride into an awesome and intense coaster with a very interesting layout! However I hope that when the Star Wars overlay is over that they return to the original theme as i could see that fitting better than Mission 2

Overall I loved the resort and can’t wait to go back

^ Did you have any nice meals while you were there? Or not-that-nice? I know there used to be a seafood buffet available at the Newport Bay Hotel, and I am hoping to try it when we eventually get back there. And we loved Remi's Bistro, on our last visit to DLPR, so that will probably be a repeat visit, too.

Or any great snacks you discovered?

^ Great! Never tried the Silver Spur, and Five Guys wasn't built yet, when we were last there (2015).

Both worth looking into, when we return in a few years from now.

fiveguysDLPR.jpg.1ea4b42fb987bdffb5fba1309989b910.jpg

I did get Five Guys' location figured out, once it opened. (o; Thanks Disney and DLPToday.

But my favorite ride was Hyperspace Mountain. I love the look of the mountain itself as well as the queue and station, the new trains are comfortable and makes what I assume was a rather rough and painful ride into an awesome and intense coaster with a very interesting layout! However I hope that when the Star Wars overlay is over that they return to the original theme as i could see that fitting better than Mission 2

Yeah I absolutely loved Hyperspace Mountain when I rode it in 2017, such an awesome ride! These new trains do wonders for what was previously uncomfortable rides. I have been to WDW and DLP, and Hyperspace Mountain is currently my favorite Disney-coaster!

Pirates & Princesses has started up again, and this year Ariel gets to wear her full dress! I'm so excited. It's SO beautiful, and I like that she's not stuck in a car while all the other princesses get to be up front dancing. They had Ariel in her dress last year at the preview night, but she was stuck in her fins during the actual shows. I'm so glad her beautiful dress gets to see the light of day; it is so, SO gorgeous.