TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Adventures Discussion Thread

So basically Dinosaurs Alive but with bugs? At least it's something. Doesn't sound like it will be an upcharge either, so that's nice.

They had their own version of Dinos during 2016. This will use the same area.

I must say that they are really trying to keep with being a local family park. Once again another attraction that doesn't interest me. It's the closest park to me too (by a few miles). I've only been once in 2012.

I must say that I was expecting a decent-sized ride or a new coaster with them touting this as a "mega-announcement".

Can't say that they were fibbing, but they managed to get one over on me. :lol

Not that giant bugs don't sound interesting...don't get me wrong here - I kind of like the sounds of a 50' millipede.

Huh. I can't say that this attraction is what I was thinking it was going to be. I was thinking that it would be a kiddie ride package or even just one large flat ride, like an air race or something. Seems like it will be a fun new experience, but not interesting enough to get me to go down to Georgia. I wonder when Herschend will add another coasters since the last one was a used Miler in 2010.

• 5 months later...

Bump

So we passed by this place on the way down to Orlando this summer. We will be passing by it again next summer when we stay in Kissimmee. Me and my wife decided that next summer we will be going here for sure. So I have been doing some research on this place. Wow this place has potential. Rides, Roller Coasters, animals and a water park. I feel like this place could really become something great. I am really looking forward to it. I know they do not have any signature coasters but the place as a package deal seems great! I cant believe we dont hear more about this place. What should I honestly expect?

I know they do not have any signature coasters but the place as a package deal seems great! I cant believe we dont hear more about this place. What should I honestly expect?

Although I have not been to this park in about 8 years, I really did like it. It is very family friendly, clean, and there is lots of attention to detail. The animal attractions and water park alone are worth the visit. Ride lines were never very long so you should be able to ride everything. I also remember they did an excellent job with Phobia (their Halloween event) and their Christmas season.

Now - I have no idea what has changed since the current ownership took over but from the sound of things there has not been much added. I visited this park as a nice alternative to SFoG and even bought season passes (passports) for several years. Even though no major new rides have lured be back, I really do want to check this place out again. Like I said my memories are positive.

• 2 months later...

Didn't see the mention of biggest announcement yet, but the teaser images put emphasis on wild and show part of a crocodile. Perhaps a new zoo addition/upgrade?

Seems like more zoo based attractions would be something that could give them an edge. There are bigger and better rides and water parks all over Florida and Georgia, but not many that combine all three.

^ They mention biggest on the teaster page: https://www.wildadventures.com/plan-your-visit/new-for-2019

Could totally see it being a complete marketing gimmick in saying biggest (since that could mean so many things) but interesting none the less.

You seem like a really nice guy. My wish is a Splash Battle themed to Gators

new2019_advarea_shorthero.thumb.png.c9d88007309504fce662254ae6b159a7.png

Alligator Alley - New for 2019!

VALDOSTA — The Kids Zone at Wild Adventures Theme Park will soon be revamped to include new attractions as part of a $2.85 million investment.

At a press conference Thursday, park officials announced the groundbreaking of Alligator Alley and the Gator Crossing Rope Bridge set to open March 2019.

The three-acre addition will feature six kiddie rides that will be near the park’s main entrance, said Molly Deese, park vice president and general manager.

The netted-rope bridge will suspend over Alligator Alley, which will include dozens of alligators, according to park officials.

Construction starts Oct. 1.

“At Alligator Alley, kids will get up close with our area’s most intriguing native species; they’ll even have an opportunity to feed the gators, which is an experience no kid will ever forget,” she said.

New rides include Okefenokee Express, Flying Gators, Turtle Twist, Swampwater Snake, Hoppin’ Gator and Okefenokee Friends.

“The new kids’ area will lead into the Alapaha Trail, which offers an authentic swamp experience as guests stroll through an actual Georgia swamp, encountering animal exhibits featuring native and exotic species,” according to park officials.

Park officials also announced the introduction of a new admissions program that will allow 3- to 5-year-olds to enter the park for free utilizing a Pre-K Free Kids’ Season Pass starting Monday, Sept. 17.

The pass may be used for the rest of the 2018 season and the entirety of the 2019 season, according to park officials.

“The process for getting a pre-k kids’ pass just couldn’t be easier; it’s done in three easy steps,” said Patrick Pearson, director of sales and marketing.

Parents or guardians must first register their child online at wildadventures.com and submit proof of age with a birth certificate or a passport. The third step is simply to visit the theme park to play.

The 2019 gold passes go on sale Monday, Sept. 17.

https://www.wildadventures.com/Explore-the-Park/Other-Attractions/Adventure-Area

Looks like the new attraction for 2019 will be a 3-acre alligator-themed kids area. Six new rides will surround an interactive gator pond, where you can feed, walk over, and interact with baby and adult alligators. The park will also introduce two new educational experiences - a 'gator nursery' to showcase the park's baby alligators, as well as a show called "Gator!" coined as an 'edutainment' show. The centerpiece of the new area will house the alligator habitat, where parkgoers can feed, watch, and even walk over the animals on the Gator Crossing Rope Bridge.

I consider this a brilliant move on behalf of Wild Adventures. While it looks like most of the rides will be rethemed versions of existing offerings, this entire experience seems unique and enjoyable for all ages. Nice!

*Edited to include Valdosta Daily Times press release*

Edited by FlippyTrick09

Awesome addition. The gator attraction is very cool, and is exactly the kind of up-close zoo encounter they need to keep focusing on to develop their niche. The new area as a whole is a nice upgrade while simultaneously saving them money by refreshing old rides. The park is already pretty stacked with rides, so they don't really need anything "new" as far as young kids are concerned.

Yet another well thought-out area addition from HFE. They are really specializing in these things lately. Even Time Traveler redeveloped the area around it.

One thing I didn't notice from the original announcement is that Wild Adventures will now provide free Pre-K Season Passes to kids ages 3-5. Once parents apply for the pass it will give children free access for the rest of the 2018 season as well as the 2019 season. This is in addition to an announcement a month or so ago where Wild Adventures partnered with the local university to offer free passes to students that lived on campus, and reduced-price passes to those that commute. They will even rename Double-Shot/Firecracker (made famous in Zombieland) to Blazer Blastoff after the school's mascot.

I've got to say it's really nice to see HFE invest back in this community. When I was younger Wild Adventures was THE place to go during a long weekend, holiday, or any day in the summer, but lately, I've encountered far fewer people that view it in such light. I see HFE is taking steps to bring it back to the forefront of the community's mind, and I think the new investment and passes will bode well for them.

• 5 months later...

I do have to wonder if they are content with going with the more family side of things... or if eventually they will break out into a more thrill rides oriented park. When was the last time that Wild Adventures got a new coaster? a legitimate one?

^Well, to be fair they did say "legitimate", which I take to mean one that's not a kiddie coaster. The one they are putting in this new area (Swampwater Snake) was already at the park in storage so it's not new. It last operated in 2011 (as Fiesta Express).

It sucks to hear that they are loosing what is possibly the best coaster in the park. I loved Viking Voyager when it was at CC and always wanted to get down there and ride it again. Hope it turns up somewhere again.

As for the next coaster... perhaps the 2019 additions and this subtraction could lead up to something? The 2019 stuff is aimed at younger kids mostly with a cool alligator exhibit as well that is a general people pleaser. Perhaps that will put them in a position to focus on the older thrill seeking audience in 2020. Probably just wishful thinking though... The park seems to know it's strengths with the water park, animal, and younger-family attractions.

It sucks to hear that they are loosing what is possibly the best coaster in the park. I loved Viking Voyager when it was at CC and always wanted to get down there and ride it again. Hope it turns up somewhere again.

Besides the rumor on Screamscape and the removal from the ride list on the park's website, have you see any other evidence that it is in fact gone that you could point me to? I can't seem to find anything else. It was actually the highlight of my visit there in 2012. It was really the only coaster worth re-riding, besides Cheetah, which was running good that day. I hadn't been back simply because there is nothing to bring me back. It's the closest park to me too by a few miles. I claim BGT & SWO as my home parks instead...lol

Frick! I made two separate visits to the park in the last 5 years where the Viking Voyage coaster was listed as closed at the front gate and I chose to bail and keep driving back to Orlando (only coaster credit I needed). Hopefully it will turn up elsewhere in the south.