TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Sorry if this has been covered, but where in the park will the super loop be located?

I believe the Caddo Lake Barge is moving to Frontier City. It’s one of the four new attractions announced at Frontier City. The super loop will go in that area. Replacing a ride that I never rode with a new ride I will never ride.

Edited by Mrlittle

With as much hate as the Super Loops get are they actually fun? I’ve ridden the carnival fireball rides before and enjoyed them greatly. Do they not improve a parks lineup of rides or do enthusiasts just hate them because they’re loud, obnoxious, marketed as coasters, and not the big RMC/Intamin/Mack/B&M they wanted?

With as much hate as the Super Loops get are they actually fun? I’ve ridden the carnival fireball rides before and enjoyed them greatly. Do they not improve a parks lineup of rides or do enthusiasts just hate them because they’re loud, obnoxious, marketed as coasters, and not the big RMC/Intamin/Mack/B&M they wanted?

I find them fun, and usually will take a spin on them.

glad we just rode (for the 1st time) Cado Lake Barge, if it is going away.

Not near as intense, or fun, as Pipe Scream at Cedar Point, but it was a nice little distraction and feels like a mini Tilt a Whirl.

also to note, what a difference a day makes! we went back to SFoT yesterday morning for a few hours before heading back to Austin, and without it being BAFF day? Park was *way* less crowded, operations were spot on, and the employees were all happy and cheerful (although, it WAS morning, and the heat of the day hadn't kicked in yet).

in just under 3 hours, hit:

Battle for Metropolis

Skyscreamer (almost a walk on, after pulling 2hour waits Sat)

Riddler (twice)

Catwoman

Harley (twice)

Batwing

Batman (was gonna do Mr. Freeze, but it broke down while in line, and tho came back up less than 10 minutes later, they made everyone evacuate the line, so just went to Batman instead)

Judge Roy

Pandemonium

Superman ToP

Rodeo (hadn't been open on Sat)

and Runaway Mountain (with only a 15 minute wait).

so yeah, we got a LOT done in under 3 hours.

it's weird in that several rides didn't open until close to noon tho. it's not AREAs, but rides: Harley opened around 11:40, JRS opened at Noon, Aquaman not till noon, and we noticed that Roaring Rapids also didn't open till noon.

What did you think of Riddler? It's it's in my top 3 out there. The only ride I actually getting nervous riding. I just picture that thing flying off and throwing us onto the highway.

I'm def gonna have to come get scared on y'alls when it opens. Bigger and faster!

I liked Riddler, but since I rode it the first time just after Skyscreamer, it didn't seem that high. But I LOVED Harley (riding on the outermost seat, it feels like you're gonna hit the beams as it twirls. . going Single Rider line is the way to go. . ended up in outermost seats on both of my Sunday rides).

and I think I liked Catwoman slightly better too.

and FINALLY after 9 years, got to get a ride on Mr. Freeze (it broke down while I was in line for it Sat, but waited it out, and got a back seat ride).

it broke down while i was in line for it on Sunday too. .but they cleared the line in that case and wouldn't let us wait it out, so went to Batman instead.

and by the way, Wendi. . thank you SO much for your help while we were in Arlington. TPR folks really are the best

Hey guys. I might pull the trigger on my first ever trip to SFoT for Fright Fest on Saturday, 10/20. I'm assuming the park will be very busy. I have a few questions.

1)We'll absolutely be getting the highest level of Flash Pass. Does anyone have an idea how much this will cost per person? 2)Also, will it be worth it? Will we still be waiting 20-30 minutes to ride or will it be more like KI, were we'll be able to ride quickly. I know there are tricks we can do like scheduling a ride when we're getting ready to board another one.

3)I have no idea how the haunt passes work at a SF park. Do they charge per haunt? Also, is there a way to get some kind of a premium pass where we can skip the line?

4)Is it hard to get a beer at this park? Haunts are usually one event (aside from Busch parks...) where we really cut loose. I know SF parks usually only have a couple of places where you can get drinks and beer, but is that ramped up for the fright?

5)I also would be interested in possibly going to the park for a few hours on the following Sunday and I'm curious how the lines would be without flash pass.

Thanks for any input I can get.

-Zach

^ as you'll see a couple of posts above, while the park was SLAMMED on the Sat before Labor Day (the line for Flash Pass was so long, we didn't even consider it). . on Sunday, it was about 1/5th of the crowd, and got on a ton of stuff with little or no wait.

helpful hint even if crowded: Superman Power Tower, La Vibora, Harley Quinn Spinsanity - all have Single Rider Lines. use them.

I got on Superman in less than 10 minutes on a crowded Sat, where the standby line was over an hour, just by going in single rider line.

I haven't been as much this year, but I've heard it's much easier to get beer these days. They've added it at more locations and, at least last year, they were allowing you to take it with you and not forcing you to stay on an adjacent patio.

Ffck... So it sounds like the park may not even be worth going to on a Saturday, Flash Pass or not? I might consider an alternative route like Kings Island or Carowinds.

Does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to get all of the haunted houses or some kind of premium pass if offered?

Ffck... So it sounds like the park may not even be worth going to on a Saturday, Flash Pass or not? I might consider an alternative route like Kings Island or Carowinds.

Does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to get all of the haunted houses or some kind of premium pass if offered?

even tho crowded, we got a lot of rides in on Sat. . but we were there 8 hours, and only got 1 ride on most things we wanted.

yes, there were lines tho.

During Fright Fest SFOT gets very slammed. So it would be worth for the Flash pass. They have several areas that open at night selling beer once the Fright Fest starts. I believe it’s $25 for a wrist band to see all the houses or $5 per house. Not sure if they have a front of the line pass for their houses. To be honest though, SFOT Fright fest is kind of meh. Just my opinion. If I was you, I go to the park and just see how crowded it is but also walk by the houses to see if your interested in them.

oh.. to recommend as well:

SFOT no longer has "the Pink Thing" a pink lemonade ice cream bar.

but they DO have a Dippin Dots stand right by the front gate, that sells "Pink Thing Dippin Dots". . and they are so good, and come with Pop Rocks mixed in. it's like a party in one's mouth!

highly recommended.

During Fright Fest SFOT gets very slammed. So it would be worth for the Flash pass. They have several areas that open at night selling beer once the Fright Fest starts. I believe it’s $25 for a wrist band to see all the houses or $5 per house. Not sure if they have a front of the line pass for their houses. To be honest though, SFOT Fright fest is kind of meh. Just my opinion. If I was you, I go to the park and just see how crowded it is but also walk by the houses to see if your interested in them.

SFOT is adding a new Haunted House this year, "Hell Block 6". It will be located in the abandoned building directly behind Harley Quinn Spinsanity. In addition, there will be an all new Scare Zone outside the building which I'm told will be populated by HB 6 "escapees". For the first time ever, Piggy's Blood Shed will have it's own Scare Zone which will be located in the Texas section and will be populated by members of Piggy's cannibalistic family.

There will be a total of 6 Haunted Houses- Piggy's Blood Shed (Texas section), Circus Berzerkus and Cadaver Hall Morgue (Tower Section), Zombie Infestation (adjacent to Titan), Blackout (Gotham City) and Hell Block 6 (building behind Harley Quinn Spinsanity). Additionally, there will be numerous Scare Zones located throughout the park.

EDIT: Haunted House wristbands are free to all Diamond Elite members.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Another year of King's Island Haunts it is... Seriously though, thanks for the input. SFoT just seemed like it might be too much of a packed to the gills gamble vs. a sure thing.

Edit - Just read Mrlittle's response. The Haunted houses and scare zones are great. They're more of an addition to the theme park experience I look for and not more of a priority. I'm a spoiled little park bitch, so if I can't pay a lot of money to be on rides and in haunted houses within less than ten to fifteen minutes max I'll just go on a less crowded non-event day another time to experience the park for our first visit.

^ That being the case you would not enjoy SFOT. Decent Haunted Houses and Scare zones and a nice Palace show- but it WILL be PACKED. Last year twice I had to park at the Baseball Stadium because SFOT's lot were full. if crowds are not your thing you would not feel at home.

This is not a problem if you are a Diamond or Diamond Elite member. As a DE member I will have my parking reserved for all Fright Fest park visits.

That, and the lack of a front of the line pass for the haunted houses.

The park does have front of the line passes for all Haunted Houses.

^ That being the case you would not enjoy SFOT. Decent Haunted Houses and Scare zones and a nice Palace show- but it WILL be PACKED. Last year twice I had to park at the Baseball Stadium because SFOT's lot were full. if crowds are not your thing you would not feel at home.

This is not a problem if you are a Diamond or Diamond Elite member. As a DE member I will have my parking reserved for all Fright Fest park visits.

you don't mention that Diamond and Elite parking is at the FRONT of the parking lot. and at SFOT, you do *not* exit from the same entrance area you came into the Six Flags parking from (ie: Six Flags Drive).

-- You exit *way* at the back of the lot, or 1/2 way back - which might as well be at the back of the lot if you're parked in the front.

leaving mid-day? no problem, parking in the very front is GREAT.

if you stay until anywhere near the closing hour of the park? it will be 45-an hour SITTING IN TRAFFIC to get out of the damn lot!

and yes, speaking from experience here.

That, and the lack of a front of the line pass for the haunted houses.

The park does have front of the line passes for all Haunted Houses.

Not all of us are Diamond or DE members. So parking can be an issue. Also, in the past SFOT fight fest has been bad. It’s packed and they did not change up the houses for years. Good to see there finally adding a house. Hopefully it’s better. I just prefer going to SFFT Fright fest and SeaWorld Howl O Scream (which is actually the best theme park halloween event in Texas)

I had completely forgotten that Sportsdude360 is a diamond elite member. It's been at least 2 or 3 hours since he mentioned that and all of the privileges and inside information he enjoys as a result.

True, I harp on my DE membership quite a bit. Sorry about that. It's just that I've thoroughly enjoyed my membership so much that I hope others will join.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the park yesterday - Friday, and today. This evening the park was slammed. You couldn't even walk around, it was so packed. Even the line for Judge Roy Scream was long. I got my rides in this morning and early afternoon. I just had my season pass dinner & snack and headed out. Too much for me to deal with at this small park. I'm used to my home park Magic Mountain.

As a 6 Flags stock holder, it made me happy. As a "Coasternut" not so much...