TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Let's operate under the assumption that it's true that El Diablo goes away . . .

And take the clues (tall & made of steel) . . . maybe a B&M Wing Coaster?

I was told that the hint was just a joke as Wonder Woman is also tall and steel and has been in the works for over a year. I see it being a skyline eclipse.

Let's operate under the assumption that it's true that El Diablo goes away . . .

I was told that the hint was just a joke as Wonder Woman is also tall and steel and has been in the works for over a year. I see it being a skyline eclipse.

After the Skywarp debacle, wouldn't doubt if SF already told Skyline.... you're fired.

After the Skywarp debacle, wouldn't doubt if SF already told Skyline.... you're fired.

I wouldn't be surprised if Skyline offers a 2 for 1 deal to apologize. Wouldn't be the first time Designers have offered it (Vekoma, S&S, Intamin)

^I’m pretty sure all this skyline deal stuff is 100% ungrounded speculation based on how Harley Quinn @SFDK opened later than initially announced. Also the El diablo stuff as far as I understand is based on a single Screamscape post, which as we know has questionable reliability/accuracy, especially in this case as the guy who wrote that post is quite unsure themselves.

^I’m pretty sure all this skyline deal stuff is 100% ungrounded speculation based on how Harley Quinn @SFDK opened later than initially announced. Also the El diablo stuff as far as I understand is based on a single Screamscape post, which as we know has questionable reliability/accuracy, especially in this case as the guy who wrote that post is quite unsure themselves.

IIRC the source for the Screamscape rumor is from a random poster on Reddit or Facebook who claims to have gotten the information from one of the park's security guards. So, basically, slightly higher than Dippin' Dots guy level veracity, but not by much.

Hi Everyone!

I'll be going to Great Adventure on Oct 6/7 - does anyone know if the park will be crowded this early into Fright Fest? Also, I noticed only a few rides were listed on the Fright Fest Website. Are all the rides usually open?

Oh - also does anyone know of any cheap hotels around the area if we're going to stay the night?

The park is beautifully empty today. Thank you light rain.

This! Monday was a perfect day at the park, The light rain kept the crowds super dry. Ka was closed for the day, However I did see it cycle just once exactly at 5pm when the park closed early due to the weather. (trolling? :roll ) I hadn't been to the park since 2015, but I enjoyed this visit a lot and SFGadv is still such a beautifully-maintained SF park.

Joker- 1x- Finally got to try out the Free-Spin, pleasantly surprised. The first drop and spin caught me off guard!

Toro 2x - still crazy as ever.

Nitro 3x - The Ride op who worked the control panel was so incredibly obnoxious talking about her personal life and her job over the loud speaker. Like nobody is trying to hear all that nonsense while they are boarding and waiting to be dispatched. Do better!

Skull Mountain Backseat 1x

Batman 2x

Zumanjaro 1x - Ride Ops looks so incredibly bored. Me and my partner were the only ones on the ride for that cycle. It's like nobody knew the ride was open all day. Or they just didn't want to make the mile trek back there.

Justice League 1x - Rode the SFOT version a week prior, I liked SFOT better. I could see a mouse pointer icon on the finale screen at the SFgadv version

Bizarro 3x

Green Latern 1x

Superman 1x

tumblr_pf022muM2z1qzyed5_1280.jpg

Hi Everyone!

I'll be going to Great Adventure on Oct 6/7 - does anyone know if the park will be crowded this early into Fright Fest? Also, I noticed only a few rides were listed on the Fright Fest Website. Are all the rides usually open?

Oh - also does anyone know of any cheap hotels around the area if we're going to stay the night?

I go almost every year for Fright Fest. During the day the lines are manageable. Once it starts to get dark hoards of people come to the park, but they die down after about 10 PM. I've also never been that early in the season for FF though.

As far as hotels I always stay Red Carpet Inn and Suites in Wrightstown. Its a hole in the wall but surprisingly has really decent reviews. I usually pay between $45-55 a night. It is about 25 minutes from the park.

Nitro 3x - The Ride op who worked the control panel was so incredibly obnoxious talking about her personal life and her job over the loud speaker. Like nobody is trying to hear all that nonsense while they are boarding and waiting to be dispatched. Do better!

Justice League 1x - Rode the SFOT version a week prior, I liked SFOT better. I could see a mouse pointer icon on the finale screen at the

Yes, I experienced that ride op, but she and the two restraint checkers were quick. Her talking was annpying, but at least it didn't slow operations.

Justice League - they were letting re-rides so I rode about 10 times trying to find bonus point opportunities and my score kept getting worse. One part was not operating. The images on smoke screen directly after Lex says he is unleashing the LexBots was not working properly. The projection was on the floor, but if you shot the images on the floor the points registered.

Can someone talk me through this whole "Member Rewards" program? I just activated my Platinum membership today and tried signing up in the park, but couldn't figure out the mobile website. Came home an hour ago, and the desktop website is almost worse than the mobile site. I can't find where to sign up for the program, the single FAQ guide they put out has a three bullet explantation that doesn't make sense, and to top it all off, they already screwed up my pass in the park today by not moving the dining pass to the new membership meaning I had to pay for lunch (boo hoo, I know). Basically, where and how do I sign up?