Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:59 am

You really can’t go wrong with a Sky Rocket II. It is the new Batman The Ride Clone.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:59 am

This is so exciting! What a great addition to BGT. I will have to make my maiden voyage to BGT when it opens. Oh and the Sky Rocket II is cool too.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby BintamiM » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:01 am

Did anybody listen to the announcement? They pretty much confirmed rmc gwazi. When speaking he said that this was a "hybrid announcement" and that gwazi was a "rocky" ride. I just about dropped dead when I heard those words. Not only that but two big rides back to back? Busch gardens is going to roar again.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:05 am

coasterBro wrote:Now the real question is whether it's going to get the Storm Chaser treatment (2 coasters becoming 1 RMC with little resemblance to the original), the Twisted Colossus treatment (2 coasters becoming one long mobius coaster), or will stay 2 separate dueling coasters?

IF this is getting the RMC treatment I'm hoping it'll stay two separate dueling coasters. Preferably keeping the name Gwazi, like Iron Gwazi or Steel Gwazi. Only because I really love the name Gwazi! :lmao: :p

As for the Sky Rocket, I love these coasters way more than I thought I would and am super excited for this addition. I love the colors and the name. But being an Ohio resident I think I may wait till after 2020 to make my way back to BGT! :)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:25 am

BintamiM wrote:Did anybody listen to the announcement? They pretty much confirmed rmc gwazi.

Did you read any of the posts before yours? :lol: :lol:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 am

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:48 am

Like everyone else, I can't WAIT until 2020! It can't get more RMC confirmed than if they actually came out and announced the thing. Very exciting. I wonder when we'll start to see progress on it?

Tigris looks like a great addition as well. I've only been on Superman so far, but I love it and the Skyrocket II's seem to be pretty popular. It's even better that there's nothing in Florida anything like it. Definitely an improvement from the stupid sploosh ride that was there.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:10 am

I feel bad to basically kick Tigris aside because I really love the name and the color scheme, BUT it looks like I really have to get back to my favorite amusement park in the world in 2020.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 am

First post updated with the official press released, images, and the video we shot today with a short interview. Enjoy!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 am

I’ll admit I was wrong about Gwazi. I thought after they took the trains for Invadr that they would one day just tear it down. I like the colors on the new coaster but yeah I think I’ll wait to visit for 2020.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!