TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Now the real question is whether it's going to get the Storm Chaser treatment (2 coasters becoming 1 RMC with little resemblance to the original), the Twisted Colossus treatment (2 coasters becoming one long mobius coaster), or will stay 2 separate dueling coasters?

Unless the park was trolling with the "Rocky" comment and has no intention of actually RMCing Gwazi but is instead expanding the outdoor concert stage in 2020 so their events will be more "Rockin"...

Did anybody listen to the announcement? They pretty much confirmed rmc gwazi. When speaking he said that this was a "hybrid announcement" and that gwazi was a "rocky" ride. I just about dropped dead when I heard those words. Not only that but two big rides back to back? Busch gardens is going to roar again.

Now the real question is whether it's going to get the Storm Chaser treatment (2 coasters becoming 1 RMC with little resemblance to the original), the Twisted Colossus treatment (2 coasters becoming one long mobius coaster), or will stay 2 separate dueling coasters?

IF this is getting the RMC treatment I'm hoping it'll stay two separate dueling coasters. Preferably keeping the name Gwazi, like Iron Gwazi or Steel Gwazi. Only because I really love the name Gwazi!

As for the Sky Rocket, I love these coasters way more than I thought I would and am super excited for this addition. I love the colors and the name. But being an Ohio resident I think I may wait till after 2020 to make my way back to BGT!

Like everyone else, I can't WAIT until 2020! It can't get more RMC confirmed than if they actually came out and announced the thing. Very exciting. I wonder when we'll start to see progress on it?

Tigris looks like a great addition as well. I've only been on Superman so far, but I love it and the Skyrocket II's seem to be pretty popular. It's even better that there's nothing in Florida anything like it. Definitely an improvement from the stupid sploosh ride that was there.

absolutely we're gonna be planning a return trip to the Tampa/Orlando parks in 2020.. this just puts icing on the cake.

we would have gone back to BGT anyways (we prefer to "base camp" out of Tampa) just for the great rides/park already there.. . tho the Florida version of Tempesto would be fun, like everyone else, more excited for what will happen to Gwazi.

what a GREAT announcement to wake up to today.

I couldn’t be happier. So we get...

- A super fun coaster that’s going to replace the second biggest eyesore in the park.

- An even more awesome coaster that’s going to replace the biggest eyesore in the park

- Most likely some new haunt mazes or reworked haunt mazes to replace Unearthed and Black Spot which is not as exciting but always cool for Howl O Scream fans since there’s not a ton of turnover with the houses.

What’s not to love?

Edited by coasterbill

- A super fun coaster that’s going to replace the second biggest eyesore in the park.

- An even more awesome coaster that’s going to replace the biggest eyesore in the park

- Most likely some new haunt mazes or reworked haunt mazes to replace Unearthed and Black Spot which is not as exciting but always cool for Howl O Scream fans since there’s not a ton of turnover with the houses.

What’s not to love?

Absolutely! I'm definitely making a return trip to BGT in 2020. This announcement kinda makes me jelly that they didn't hint at BGW 2020 plans since it's my home park and all...

What’s not to love?

Absolutely! I'm definitely making a return trip to BGT in 2020. This announcement kinda makes me jelly that they didn't hint at BGW 2020 plans since it's my home park and all...

Maybe for 2020 they'll put in a B&M wing coaster into the old station and call it Drachen's Revenge.