TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Another 2021 announcement? Wow, A lot of great projects are coming between now and then.

I'm exited about this one, Taron blew me away the first time riding it and it's one of the best coaster I ever did any project inspire by that ride has high chance of being great as well.

Since we were planning to be in Paris around Spring, 2022...better get a car rented too,

so I/we can get out to the Parc, from wherever we're staying.

• 3 months later...

Parc Astérix invests 6.6 million euros in new attraction

070618sola.jpg.9ec47c16e3795a363c610cff5ebf87b8.jpg

Next year, Parc Astérix opens a new attraction of 6.6 million euros. That is what director Nicolas Kremer says in an interview. In 2019, visitors to the French themepark can discover a 5D cinema, with special effects and moving chairs.

In the cinema room, an eight-minute film is shown on a screen of six meters high and twenty meters wide. There is space for 300 spectators per performance. What the film will be about is not yet known. Parc Astérix will be 30 years old in 2019.

The number of visitors to the park shows an upward trend. Last year, Parc Astérix attracted more than two million visitors for the first time. This year, the two millionth guest was welcomed at the end of August, even before the busy Halloween period.

Source

• 2 months later...

Yep, we reported on it as part of our IAAPA expo coverage. It kind of got lost in the woodwork because Intamin made the announcements on a very particular date and time and no one "official" has really spoken much about them since.

I'm sure we'll get more in eight months or so when prep for construction actually starts.

• 3 months later...

Hey folks,

has anyone been with an one-year-old to the park? As seen on the website, there's quite some rides he may do. So I'm asking more if it's "easy" to be there with a stroller or hand car and if there are enough places to rest.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the park quietly closed Transdemonium?

I'm planning a trip to the park at the end of the month and it's mysteriously missing from the website. Trying to access the ride's page from Google got an "Access Denied". I couldn't find anything about an official closure online.

^^^We took KT at one year old and I just checked back in the trip report and don't see her riding anything big, but I do remember her playing in a lot of nice play areas. We had a stroller with us and she looks happy in all the photos (as do I!) so I'm thinking that's a good sign.

^^That would be very interesting and sad. Truly a very unique ride!

I noticed they had two new attractions this year. One sounds like a walkthrough of the comics and another is the 3D/4D theater. I wonder if either of those attractions took over Transdemonium's building.

It'll be interesting to see what is going on Jordy.

• 2 weeks later...

There's no signage in front of Transdemonium saying it's closed. There was just a gate under the entrance.

Tonnerre de Zeus was great as expected, but I was surprised by OzIris and Goudurix. I thought OzIris was supposed to be one of the weaker inverts, but it was hauling and even had 4-5 spots of airtime.

And Goudurix was oddly smooth. It wasn't glass smooth, but I only hit my head once coming out of the batwing. Was the ride retracked like the Vekoma at Efteling? I don't think this can be the same ride I've heard horror stories about.

Yeah, I'm going to stick my neck out and say OzIris is a great invert. I only noticed two pops of airtime, but the layout is great and it's definitely forceful. Not sure if it has got better with age as I have only ridden it in the last few years.

Regarding Goudurix, there was a LOT of work done to it a few years ago. The track wasn't replaced but it seemed there was a lot of welding, replacing cross-ties etc. Honestly I think Goudurix's reputation is a little unfair and I have always found it generally okaaaaaaay apart from a couple of admittedly rough transitions. It's not like El Condor where almost everything is rough.

Idk what they're doing with Goudurix but it's definately nothing like with Efteling's Python. I've been told that the retracking on python has made it incredibly smooth - some people have said it's now one of the (if not the) smoothest coaster they've been on.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip here in July - I'm mainly a roller coaster guy but I don't mind good flat rides.

I've yet to do a proper research yet but just wondering if 1 day is enough to do most adult rides.

I'm thinking very early July as I understand it's school holidays from second week onwards.

I've done a dozen theme parks in mid-west of the US so I'm not a complete newbie but then by no means hardcore theme park fan either.

Cheers

Sam

^^ Starting in mid-July they stay open until 10 pm so it does look like they compensate for crowds. I went on a cool April weekday and the park was still busy. I recommend the Unlimited Rapidus pass if you want to get a ton of rerides on the coasters. With that pass, the park can easily be done in a day.

Thanks - I will definitely go for the rapidus pass. Its equivalents at CF & SF parks were invaluable during my mid-west theme park tour - that was also during school holidays (actually it might have been school field trip season or something - the whole month of June!!!). I will come back with more questions once I've read up on the thread.