TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2018 Tickets - ON SALE NOW!

Its hard to believe that this upcoming Saturday is West Coast Bash. I am so excited!!! I do have a question for past attendees that have brought a backpack/camera bag along to past Knott's events. Was it relatively easy to keep your bag with you all day or would you recommend getting a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

(Edit: I like the autocorrect at the end there)

I spent yesterday at Knott's, and carried a backpack with me. All the coasters have bins off to the side, in which my backpack fit easily. You should have no problem with not getting a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

Again, since this is my thread and my event, I will tell you that you should always "be prepared" to have to put a bag in a locker JUST IN CASE. People's experiences may vary. One day at Steel Vengeance people were able to bring their phones in line, the next day they were not.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to believe that this upcoming Saturday is West Coast Bash. I am so excited!!! I do have a question for past attendees that have brought a backpack/camera bag along to past Knott's events. Was it relatively easy to keep your bag with you all day or would you recommend getting a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

(Edit: I like the autocorrect at the end there)

I spent yesterday at Knott's, and carried a backpack with me. All the coasters have bins off to the side, in which my backpack fit easily. You should have no problem with not getting a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

Again, since this is my thread and my event, I will tell you that you should always "be prepared" to have to put a bag in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo JUST IN CASE. People's experiences may vary. One day at Steel Vengeance people were able to bring their phones in line, the next day they were not.

Ok, sounds good I'll just come prepared that I'll need to use a locker, and if I end up not needing one I can be pleasantly surprised . Thanks again for the work you've put into this Robb. I'm very excited to be able to attend!

Ok, sounds good I'll just come prepared that I'll need to use a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, and if I end up not needing one I can be pleasantly surprised . Thanks again for the work you've put into this Robb. I'm very excited to be able to attend!

You're very welcome! I'm sure you'll be fine with your bag but we've had incidents where all of a sudden, based on a number of random things, we've had to put stuff away. And it's not a huge deal, I just always like to tell people to be prepared just in case. Have a few extra singles or a credit card handy, etc...

Ok, sounds good I'll just come prepared that I'll need to use a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, and if I end up not needing one I can be pleasantly surprised . Thanks again for the work you've put into this Robb. I'm very excited to be able to attend!

You're very welcome! I'm sure you'll be fine with your bag but we've had incidents where all of a sudden, based on a number of random things, we've had to put stuff away. And it's not a huge deal, I just always like to tell people to be prepared just in case. Have a few extra singles or a credit card handy, etc...

Sounds good, I never thought about issues like that coming into play.

^ Just got the email! So excited! The schedule of events looks amazing! And look it all that ERT!

We are driving up from San Diego and will be arriving at around 7:30am. I know that check in ends at 7:45am so we are gonna be cutting it awfully close. In the off chance we arrive after check in time will we still receive a t-shirt? That is of course if they’re still available in our sizes or available at all.

^ Just got the email! So excited! The schedule of events looks amazing! And look it all that ERT!

We are driving up from San Diego and will be arriving at around 7:30am. I know that check in ends at 7:45am so we are gonna be cutting it awfully close. In the off chance we arrive after check in time will we still receive a t-shirt? That is of course if they’re still available in our sizes or available at all.

wake up earlier.

wake up earlier.

Agreed. Look dude, I don't know if we will still have them or not. We will probably have shirts, but very few sizes and I will probably have to hunt you down in the park somewhere to bring you one and I'm not sure that is something I will have a lot of time to do. Please don't make your problem become my problem just because you can't get out of bed and leave earlier. If I can make it from Orlando in time for check in, you can make it from San Diego.

Edited by robbalvey

Anyone know if they still have the fun bun available on weekends? Would love to get one Saturday and take a little while off the back end of my life for eating it.

I need the Fun Bun, and maybe a boysenberry Corn Dog!!!

Everyone (especially 1st timers) are going to have a blast...! Its going to be hot in SoCal this weekend...just saying...I'm very bummed to be missing my first WCB in a long time...had a pretty significant accident in mid July that does not have me TPR ready for the weekend...so I will follow along with updates from Robb on Social Media and think about next year and the new coaster at SFMM. Have fun everyone and respect the organization and Family who make this possible.!

Even Knott's is expected to have 94-degree weather on Saturday. It'll still be about 10 degrees cooler than Valencia that day, but temperatures will drop into the 90s in Valencia on Sunday.

However, Buena Park tends to be more humid than Valencia, so those of you who are going to both days of WCB might experience more tolerable weather at SFMM than KBF. It's typically the other way around.

I'm staying the night at the Knotts Hotel on Saturday. Any advice on what time I should leave in the morning to make it to Six Flags for check-in?

I plugged it into my phone but with L.A. traffic, I wasn't too sure what to trust.

-JMAinAZ

If you want to get there by 7:30 am on Sunday, it should take about one hour up the 5. I would leave around 6:19 AM exactly!

24955876_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.7bbe54104bfc18a3054ce7c63e9fe0d2.png

I'm staying the night at the Knotts Hotel on Saturday. Any advice on what time I should leave in the morning to make it to Six Flags for check-in?

I plugged it into my phone but with L.A. traffic, I wasn't too sure what to trust.

-JMAinAZ

If you want to get there by 7:30 am on Sunday, it should take about one hour up the 5. I would leave around 6:19 AM exactly!

I would allow 90 minutes. I-5 can have some unpredictable traffic and you never know about random construction or accidents. IMO it's always better to be 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late...

-JMAinAZ

We usually come from the Knotts area and always plan on at least 2 hours. There's an IHOP, Denny's and a few other eateries at the Lyons exit just before Magic Mountain. You can always stop for a bite to eat, that's what we do if we get lucky with traffic. Better to be early than late.

Just so everybody knows, the last few miles on I-5 heading north towards SFMM are all torn up in construction. There's also major construction zones on I-5 in Burbank, and the Norwalk area. Don't expect your fellow drivers to be taking it easy at all through them. All it takes is one accident to create an enormous delay. I highly recommend checking Google maps for traffic conditions before you leave so you know what spots on I-5 to avoid along the way. The good news is there shouldn't be any overnight construction closures that may or may not be cleared by the time those of you heading north from KBF hit the road, but please give yourselves all the extra time you're willing to wake up for. You'll be glad you did.

Easiest way is to take the 101 north to the 23 then take that all the way to highway 126

No. And thank goodness you posted this way too late to be of any terrible disservice to anyone actually trying to get to the event on time!!!!

Edited by SharkTums