TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

According to the LA Times, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge cantina will serve pre-mixed alcoholic beverages. A first at Disneyland for regular park guests. Apparently, they are not going to let people leave the cantina with their drinks and walk around Disneyland though.

www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-star-wars-land-20180830-story.html

Awesome news! I was already excited for Star Wars Land next year, and this makes it even better! Hmm, what to get, what to get? I know, I'll take a Han shot first.

Thoughts on the reconfiguring of Tomorrow Land? They have removed a bit of the seating around the supports of the defunct People Mover for crowd flow. Not sure how much on an impact that really will have in the long run. Personally, I think they should move the standby entrance of Star Tours permanently into the over flow room, open a door between the two rooms, so guests get into the a/c while waiting in line. I really like what they did with Space Mountain, using the 2nd floor of the starcade as the stand by line space. Even if the theming is light, huge improvement over standing on the deck in the heat.

Awesome news! I was already excited for Star Wars Land next year, and this makes it even better! Hmm, what to get, what to get? I know, I'll take a Han shot first.

OMG, that's awesome. Disney, hire this guy to name your cocktails.

In other news, I'm gonna be in the area next week for Scary Farm's opening night. I hear that things are chaotic with all the construction around Disneyland right now. Can I still park for a few hours free to wander Downtown Disney or is that all screwy, too? I'm not going to visit the parks but I love posting up at Starbucks and doing some people watching.

They should sell alcohol near It’s A Small World.

They should let you smoke a blunt in the designated smoking areas.

Get a THC e-cig in fruit or another neutral scent/flavor.

This is why we don’t get nice things. It is not legal to partake in these things in public.

Edibles. Get into it yes gawd mama boots the house down "I'm just naturally happy because Disneyland"-realness for your nerves etc.

This is why we don’t get nice things. It is not legal to partake in these things in public.

I wasn't suggesting that people use drugs. I was just suggesting that if you want to use nicotine, alcohol, marijuana or other drugs in public, that courtesy is key. Your habit shouldn't blow into other people's faces, smell up the place or affect other people. I am not putting you down for your comments but just clarifying my position on the matter.

Hey all! Just got back from the Disneyland Resort yesterday. There are LOTS of scrims and construction walls around the resort, even downtown Disney is not immune.

Of course the Matterhorn is still closed, and yes, they are doing some welding and track work as we noticed flashing lights and noises coming from the tunnels at night. The scrims cover up the queue side of the mountain.

They also have the left side of the castle completely walled off aside from the poor little donut stand.

About 1/4th of Adventureland is walled off to refurb the Tiki Room and build the new restaurant.

There is one building on mainstreet covered with tarps as well.

At DCA, they now have scrims traveling the entire walkway from Bugs Land entrance near the Pier until Cars Land. People were stopping to take photos near the Stark Industries logos. And the scrims are also near the other entrance to bugs land by Guardians.

There were additional scrims in Pixar Pier around the carousel and where the new inside out ride will eventually be.

And the Art of Animation building was also covered in construction tarps.

I think there are more that I am missing. I will say that my GP boyfriend didn't really notice the scrims as much as me, and he said they didn't detract from the experience. I will say that there is a ton of construction happening there right now, but it's slow season so that's to be expected.

• 2 weeks later...