Skara Sommarland Discussion Thread

P. 20: New ProSlide attraction "Waka Waka" announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Skara Sommarland Discussion Thread

Postby scbt » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:41 am

I think you would probably have trouble growing grass under the slides like that. You would probably have uneven sunlight and chlorinated water dripping all over it, It'd probably be dead in a month or two.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:54 am

SharkTums wrote:Perhaps there's also a reason for it?

I guess the main reason is that it would be a real hassle to cut it, it probably couldn't be done by anything else than a man with a hand pushed lawn mover on that slope and under all those low slides.

scbt wrote:I think you would probably have trouble growing grass under the slides like that. You would probably have uneven sunlight and chlorinated water dripping all over it, It'd probably be dead in a month or two.

Grass grows in uneven sunlight allover. Also modern slides don't really leak any water.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby apanbl92 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:11 pm

Skara Sommarland is continuing to expand their waterpark. Next years new attraction is another waterslide from ProSlide callled "Waka Waka", I believe the model is called Flying Saucer. Really loving the colors and the 70's/hippie theme.

wakawaka_pressbild.jpg

2018 appears to be a record year at Skara Sommarland where the dream limit of 300,000 visitors has already been blown up. Then the park fits into launching next year's great news. Waka Waka is the first water slide of its kind in Europe. The course is 210 meters long and you can go to ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings with space for two people. The ride can be likened to skiing, where you take the cut in a turn and at each turn you get a speed kick. The ring man travels in a colorful tub and in four places you end up on a plate-shaped open space that gives a boost to the next part of the ride.

Waka Waka is manufactured by the Canadian company ProSlide, which builds the best water slides in the world, becoming the first of its kind in Europe. The first take on the ride will be taken as soon as Skara Sommarland closes for the season and the ride is premiere when the park opens again in June 2019.

With Waka Waka, Skara Sommarland will have the two longest water slides in Scandinavia, where the existing Nyagara is the furthest of its 259 meters. Waka Waka is integrated into the water park where you start above Nyagara next to Big Drop and land near the wave pool.

"We are very proud and happy that we can invest further on Skara Sommarland and take the park further into the future. With Waka Waka we will have the best water park in Scandinavia and with the mix of swimming, playground and go-kart we are hard-hitting, "says Janne Nilsson, CEO at Skara Sommarland.

Source: http://parksandresorts.com/ny-vattenattraktion-till-skara-sommarland-2019/
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:25 am.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!