Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 984: Boogie Board Racer & Grand Carnivale announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby wsixflags » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:53 am

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:22 pm

I might plan a spontaneous trip Friday Oct 19-22nd for the park on Saturday & Sunday. Does anyone know how reliable taxi or Uber is? I know it’s close to the airport so that’s a huge Uber hot spot I’d imagine, but I wanna make sure I’d have a way back to the hotel from the park.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:45 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:I might plan a spontaneous trip Friday Oct 19-22nd for the park on Saturday & Sunday. Does anyone know how reliable taxi or Uber is? I know it’s close to the airport so that’s a huge Uber hot spot I’d imagine, but I wanna make sure I’d have a way back to the hotel from the park.

I've only used Uber around downtown and surrounding neighborhoods in Charlotte, but I can't imagine you'd have any problem at Carowinds.

Just a heads up, the park is closed during the day Friday the 19th, Scarowinds is open 7 p.m. to midnight that day. Park is open 10-5 on Saturday and Sunday with Scarowinds taking over 7-midnight. I went to Scarowinds last year and it was crazy crowded. Not sure about the daytime crowds during Scarowinds. We might go this year because we have platinum passes.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:I might plan a spontaneous trip Friday Oct 19-22nd for the park on Saturday & Sunday. Does anyone know how reliable taxi or Uber is? I know it’s close to the airport so that’s a huge Uber hot spot I’d imagine, but I wanna make sure I’d have a way back to the hotel from the park.

You have plenty of time, check the app a few times to see if there are Ubers around the park at the time and days you're looking for.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:56 am

How does Scarowinds work? Do I need a separate ticket or am I just able to stay in the park? Crowds don’t bother me as I’m used to GADV’s insane Fright Fest crowds and I’d 100% be Fast Lane Plusing.

Also seems to be tons of ubers that relax on Carowinds Boulevard as of what I just checked in the app.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:42 am

Yep, it's one of the few Cedar Fair parks where it is a seperate gated attraction. Unless you have a gold pass . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:04 am

I've used Uber to get from the airport to the park and park to hotel with no issues. Airport to park was only about $20 and park to hotel was less than $10.

The driver doesn't have to pay for parking and there's a pick up spot by the buses near Fury's first elevated turn.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:55 am

^Awesome advics/information guys. Thank you. It’s starting to look way more like a yes, I just like to have everything solidified and thought about because I’ll be going alone.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:53 am

Looks like the park is making some kind of announcement today. ;)
(Edit)
It was posted yesterday, saying that it was tomorrow. But it says the 30th.
Screenshot_20180829-105237_Facebook.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:36 am

^And the 30th is tomorrow, so two days from when it was posted. ;)

Excited for all the announcements tonight and tomorrow morning!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!