TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I can't be the only one expecting this to just be another Fright Fest maze teaser? We already know SF is announcing new stuff on 8/30, so I doubt SFA will break form and announce their 2019 early. Plus, last year Great Adventure's Fright Fest announcements happened on the day of the eclipse so it isn't unprecedented for it to happen earlier.

I hope it's still open in a couple weeks when I'm there, but I'm all for floorless conversions to better the quality of a ride. I think standups have long since run their course and should be phased out, in my opinion. Vortex/Patriot at CGA is probably the closest comparison, and that's extremely fun as a smaller, more compact floorless. I've been wondering if/when we start to see Six Flags convert their standups also. It's only a matter of time I'd guess, but makes an interesting decision for the parks that already have a traditional floorless in their lineup.

This is the post from this weekend... "voices from the past are speaking to you. Could it be Deja Vu?"

Possibly shuffle of Goliath at Six Flags New England to here? That was called Deja Vu in the past, correct? Also, that would bring back a inverted boomerang which I miss. Loved Two Face.

313041333_SixFlagsAmerica.PNG.f9515963507ea828a1330b1602fd38cf.PNG

This is the post from this weekend... "voices from the past are speaking to you. Could it be Deja Vu?"

Possibly shuffle of Goliath at Six Flags New England to here? That was called Deja Vu in the past, correct? Also, that would bring back a inverted boomerang which I miss. Loved Two Face.

I think the Deja Vu comment is them saying that the track is familiar, but at the same time, different.

My bold prediction: apocalypse gets removed for a rmc raptor or s&s 4d. (A raptor would be the best option and would make it the 2nd best coaster in the park, but I don’t see the operations going well. This park deserves more than a 4d but something is better than nothing.)

More likely possibilities:

-apocalypse transformed into a floorlesss (I hope not, the fire and mist effect has been off for 2 years and it will still be a headbanger)

-Apocalypse removed for a skywarp

-RMC Roar (everyone wants this to happen but it would’ve closed by now)

After the campaign SFA did for wahoo river, I won’t be getting my hopes up again.

^ Six Flags usually does a daily admission promotion with Coke. By then they should have their Flash Sale for 2019 Season Passes which include the rest of 2018. If you plan to go again to any Six Flags park this year or next year, that's the best deal.

As for the 2019 attraction, the teasers make me think Apocalypse is done in its current form. From the sign posted by the ride and the recent history of B&M stand-ups, I'm guessing a floorless train may be on the way.

General question. Are there any discounts or coupons for Six Flags America? I am planning to go on September 8th.

They always do their flash sale over Labor Day weekend which is the best sale of the year. Buy your tickets then. Consider a season pass / membership. They whore them out at such ludicrous prices that it’s almost insane not to have one.

An RMC treatment of Roar is not out of the question I like to think, especially for a park like this. It would be a subtle enough change to get people to come to the park I feel like. I don't think this park would start anything this soon. Nothing new ever opens when the park does at the start of a season anyway. Now, if this was what was happening it would more then likely not be open for Holiday in the Park as it has been in the past.

-apocalypse transformed into a floorlesss (I hope not, the fire and mist effect has been off for 2 years and it will still be a headbanger)

The fire worked last season.