TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Previous post (by the park) indicated a Firebird name/theme. Current addition of tombstones in the park seems to suggest a ride may be leaving... Firebird can represent the 1960s car or maybe even the mythical phoenix... but the fire bird is also a prominent figure in Mardi Gras culture... I know no one "likes" this idea, but what if the clues are point to RMC Wild One to be renamed "Fire Bird"? I mean, they've done significantly less repair work on Wild One as they did on ROAR and the ride has been dying for a paint job (which id didn't even get for it's 100th anniversary)... you can't argue that if they did RMC Wild One (as tragic as that would be), the new ride would likely be the best coaster in the park...

From SFA Fans Facebook page...

That is Apocalypse behind the fence... looks like it's either Floorless Apocalypse or they are getting rid of Apocalypse altogether (RMC Raptor... please? Could probably reuse the same station!)

[attachment=0]38856399_10213818862438189_4051318534351880192_n.jpg[/attachment]

Or they're theming it to Terminator, like SFMM's Apocalypse used to be.

I actually thought Iron Eagle was a decent flat ride, I wonder why they junked it all those years ago?

And the idea of RMC conversion for Wild One . . . umm, wouldn't that invalidate the ACE Coaster Landmark award WO got this year? (For what it's worth, said plaque isn't in front of the ride anymore)

Floor-less Apocalypse; meh - RMC Raptor - Schwing!

Regarding Floorless Apocalypse; I highly doubt they would invest that type of money into this park. I seriously expect some bullsh*t for the waterpark or a family flat and I can't wait for the comments.

And the idea of RMC conversion for Wild One . . . umm, wouldn't that invalidate the ACE Coaster Landmark award WO got this year? (For what it's worth, said plaque isn't in front of the ride anymore)

I hate stuff like this because it makes people right for the wrong reasons. I assure you that the park doesn't even remotely care about that ACE plaque, but at the same time they're never going to RMC that ride because

a) Couldn't they RMC Roar and just clone Joker?

and

b) Their CapEx budget is eight dollars. They're not RMCing anything.

Aw man. I know a lot of people hate this ride but it's my favorite coaster Hopefully they won't remove it all together

You haven't been to a lot of parks (read: anywhere other than SFA) have you?

I know I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed the ride when it was at SFGAm (and B&M Stand-Ups in general). I'm visiting SFA later this month, and was looking forward to getting a spin or two on it, so this is a bit of a bummer.

I know I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed the ride when it was at SFGAm (and B&M Stand-Ups in general). I'm visiting SFA later this month, and was looking forward to getting a spin or two on it, so this is a bit of a bummer.

I really doubt this means they're closing Apocalypse next week. That tiny sign is hardly a closing announcement...

it was the ONE open coaster I did not ride.

and I did Roar and Mind Eraser for goodness sakes!

yep, refused to get on it, as I had ridden Georgia Scorcher at SFoG a few days prior, and loved that, so why leave a bad taste from this POS.

so if it goes floorless? more power to em.

I was just happy that Rodeo Breakdance ran in both directions for us when we were there. Still not super forceful (even the sizzler ran a better program), but at least the operator went both directions for us (the prior cycle only went one way).