TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2018 USA Tour Trip Reports!

Glad you guys are having fun! Great TR’s!

I’m sure there’s probably someplace obvious I can find the answer to this that I haven’t thought of, but what’s the itinerary for this trip, as in which parks are you visiting and when? Is there a link I can follow?

Can’t wait for the next installment of this trip

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carowinds looks awesome - and you all look like you had an awesome time there, too!

Enjoying the Tour TR. Looking forward to more touring adventures, etc. etc.

REGISTER for our forum to leave a comment!

Be sure to follow our Twitter and Instagram Stories for live updates from our trip!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next stop: Busch Gardens Williamsburg! Our day started with filming on the three B&M coasters: Griffon, Alpengeist, and Apollo's Chariot and ended with some night ERT on their fairly new wooden roller coaster, Invadr! Check out some photos and video...

DjJa0QeVAAAnSnI.jpg

Greetings from Busch Gardens Williamsburg! TPR is happy to be back to one of the most beautiful parks in the country!

DjJcP2fUcAApCO7.jpg

We’ve started our day doing some filming on three coasters! First up... Griffon!

DjJdFTlU0AEIWhX.jpg

Gotta love the water splashdown on Griffon!

DjJeCUTU0AA4K0o.jpg

Next up was Alpengeist! It’s an amazing inverted coaster... and it’s themed to skiing! LOVE IT!

DjJeUx5UUAAK7xY.jpg

Alpengeist is over 20 years old now and it’s still intense and very well themed!

DjJgFH8U8AACP9p.jpg

Our rides on Apollo’s Chariot this morning were fantastic!

DjJgk7IUUAA-ggv.jpg

Apollo’s Chariot was one of the very first B&M hypercoasters and it still delivers a super smooth, fun ride!

DjJg8HWUUAERsBn.jpg

So many happy TPR riders on Apollo’s Chariot!

DjJg8HaUcAAcbJd.jpg

Back seat POV!

DjJi_CmUYAAONCr.jpg

Every time I go to England it looks just like this!

DjJkhhHUcAAc0Zg.jpg

When it is hot outside, this roaming team of “water misters” travel around the park spraying guests!

DjJmmOJVsAE_qUk.jpg

Look! Even Kristen is riding coasters today!

DjJnITlV4AIQpqe.jpg

DjJnITlUUAARWxs.jpg

Love that Busch Gardens has a pressed penny machine for most of their roller coasters!

DjJqyxmUYAEf2KO.jpg

I really like these triple launched coasters from Premier Rides!

DjJrHoYUwAAI2U5.jpg

DjJrHoYU0AA6tm5.jpg

DjJrHoXU4AAptrB.jpg

Do you dare brave the Black Forest on Verbolten?

DjJraxBU0AE9P-2.jpg

DjJraxBUcAIPcmB.jpg

Let’s just say we got at least a “little” wet on the Log Flume today! It’s ok... we needed it!

DjJsCQrUcAA9HcZ.jpg

DjJsCRrUwAEG7xo.jpg

DjJsCQmVsAI0nzq.jpg

Grogan’s Pub was a popular hangout for TPR today!

DjJsbT4U4AAAUn5.jpg

DjJsbT6U4AEH55f.jpg

DjJsbU9VsAAoNoW.jpg

The three B&Ms of Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a wonderful collection of roller coasters!

DjJxCSxUwAAbZLl.jpg

The group loved the new Battle of Eire VR attraction!

DjJxCSxV4AAo8f6.jpg

And they thought the head gear made them look sexy! What do you think?

DjJytHAUUAEhAy7.jpg

DjJytG_U0AAAlN_.jpg

The Lochness Monster is 40 years old and it rides just like you would expect a 40 year old Arrow Dynamics coaster would ride!

DjJy070VsAAisW5.jpg

I love how photogenic Griffon is!

DjJzKzvUwAALK6T.jpg

The theming around Invadr looks GREAT!

DjJzK1AUcAAGCjk.jpg

Wonderful design that really adds a lot to the attraction!

DjJzXflUUAALvrq.jpg

DjJzXh5U4AAnPhv.jpg

Night time ERT has begun on Invadr!

DjJz2q2U0AELqix.jpg

Invadr is kind of a “wooden family coaster” as it only has a 46” height restriction.

DjJz2r6UwAE8_AA.jpg

GCI did a wonderful job with this one. Super fun ride without being too intense for younger riders!

DjJ0EXIV4AEzJ6f.jpg

DjJ0EYSU4AA3MYm.jpg

Huge thank you to the Invadr crew! We had a great time hanging out with you guys!

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it!

Invadr at night was all kinds of fun! Not sure where it’s heading as it snakes in and out of itself close to the ground.

The drop thru the wooden tunnel before it starts picking up speed as it just zips along the course, with several double up hops? Loved it

Incredibly re-rideable and perfect for families that don’t want to brave the higher coasters yet

A hit for me at BGW

When I first glanced at the InvadR station pic, I thought you had switched from rides to some kind of brew room due to the walls and general look of it. Also really like the roaming team of “water misters”.

Thanks for letting me tag along for the InvadR ERT. That ride is much more fun after dark.

While I'm glad people liked Battle for Eire, I was more excited about all the extra beer taps at Grogan's.

The onride photos from Busch Gardens look absolutely amazing.

I was shocked when Robb sent them out - that they captured the entire front row of riders on Griffon!

I really thought his camera would only get the central 4 seats. . . I continue to be blown away impressed not only how good the quality of the pics are, but also how wide the shot they are able to capture.

Robb is a genius at getting the camera steady on some coasters too. . it was a joy to witness the process,

I really thought his camera would only get the central 4 seats. . . I continue to be blown away impressed not only how good the quality of the pics are, but also how wide the shot they are able to capture.

Robb is a genius at getting the camera steady on some coasters too. . it was a joy to witness the process,

I sort of know what I'm doing!

I sort of know what I'm doing!

I still maintain how impressed I am with the quality and horizontal capacity of the cameras.

Your skill enhances for sure

this was such a great trip for me, despite the limping by the end!

so many firsts: 1st Top Spin, 1st Vekoma flyer, 1st stand up, 1st ARM drop tower, 1st Round Up (followed 1 day later by my 1st Super Round Up) only my 2nd Disc-o (and the one at CP isn't really a disc-o anyways, due to the extra "hump" I'd guess). . . .just a great trip!

Here's a video of the best inverted roller coaster at Six Flags America:

Words chosen like a pro...

I did love the bizarre as hell, "Bicycle Handle" grab bars on the trains. .it was so WTF? that I giggled the whole way thru. (with very little head bang for me).

Edited by bert425

Great POV despite the not so great coaster, to say the least

It was only my second SLC and the other wasn't too bad (Blue Tornado at Gardaland). This one made me wish it was over, though..

I did love the bizarre as hell, "Bicycle Handle" grab bars on the trains. .it was so WTF?

Standard issue Vekoma SLC bars. I think all of them that opened had these until they started replacing the OTSR restraints with the vests.