TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

If BGW really does get a Screamin Swing in 2019, that pretty much confirms whatever Project Madrid ends up being will be a coaster. Probably a giga, according to the height rumors. I wonder if it'll end up being like Fury 325, given the fact that they already have a airtime machine in Apollo's Chariot, and another sort-of airtime machine with Invadr.

^

I think if they build an S&S Sreamin' Swing in 2019 it means they're building an S&S Screamin' Swing in 2019 and I for one could not care less what else gets added to this amazing wonderful theme park that I love so much anymore because they will then have my favorite flat.

• 3 weeks later...

A screamin swing in Ireland would be a perfect fit, I’m on board with that.

As for project Madrid, who said it is happening for 2020 as well as being a new coaster on top of that? If it is a new hamlet I wouldn’t expect it to be ready until 2021-2022 the earliest.

Hi TPR,

As a stop on my summer trip, I'll be visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Wednesday, July 18th. How should crowds be? Is there a good itinerary for how to get each credit, and are there any notable non-coaster rides that I should check out?

Thanks!

You shouldn't have any big crowd-related issues on a Wednesday. The park tends to open in phases, so you might want to head toward Griffon and InvadR first (Germany and Italy tend to open later). If you're into water rides, hit Pompeii and LeScoot (the log flume).

Edited by cfc

Anyone know the loose article policy for Battle for Eire? We'll be at the park tomorrow to experience it for the first time.

Nothing allowed in the queue, unfortunately.

Oh, darn! That’s disappointing but thanks anyways.

When I was there on Friday they have a "move your locker" system for $6 which I found to be efficient and nice. Doesn't stop morons from taking snapchats on rides like Le Scoot where I saw some guy going down the drop with his phone out.

Side note: Rode InvadR for the first time friday. Cool ride, only rode once in the back after the 3ish hour long rain delay.

• 2 weeks later...

Apollo's Chariot briefly stopped on the midcourse and reopened 10 minutes later. Nobody on the train cared, except for Timolyn Tillman who (of course) is a lawyer. Coincidentally, only 3 people "suffered concussions" from the routine block stop and it just-so-happened to be the lawyer and her 2 family members.

I hate America.

Link

Local news coverage: https://wtkr.com/2018/07/21/small-fire-breaks-out-at-busch-gardens/

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – A small fire broke out on the roof of the Escape from Pompeii water ride in Italy village earlier this evening.

The ride was not operating at the time the fire started and no guests were in the area, according to authorities.

The James City County Fire Department responded immediately and the fire was extinguished without incident.

It’s like amusement parks themed to different European countries are cursed to get a fire. First Europa and now here!

Yeah ik Europa’s Fire was quite bigger but it’s still a somewhat interesting coincidence

Escape from Pompeii Caught fire tonight at busch gardens. Its reported as a total loss.

Really? Because here it's being reported as a "small roof fire" https://wtkr.com/2018/07/21/small-fire-breaks-out-at-busch-gardens/

Also, you're banned for spreading "fake news."

I can confirm this that it was a small roof fire.

Thank you for banning such idiots that spread this crap. Even if you were near the ride, you wouldn’t have been able to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk