Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 22 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby kenban » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:49 pm

gratteciel wrote:I have a bizarre question! With Cedar Fair platinum passes, can you visit two different parks in one day? We’re in Mason right now visiting KI, and we were thinking of going tomorrow for a couple hours tomorrow before driving up to Sandusky for the second leg of our trip. Does anyone know if our platinum passes would work at CP if they’ve been scanned at KI earlier that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is really not that strange of a question, and you are not the first person to visit both on the same day. The pass will work and you will be able to enter both parks.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Mike240SX » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:55 pm

gratteciel wrote:I have a bizarre question! With Cedar Fair platinum passes, can you visit two different parks in one day? We’re in Mason right now visiting KI, and we were thinking of going tomorrow for a couple hours tomorrow before driving up to Sandusky for the second leg of our trip. Does anyone know if our platinum passes would work at CP if they’ve been scanned at KI earlier that day?

They did back in 2008.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby gearbm95 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Anyone have experience using a local taxi service to get to the park while staying in Sandusky?

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:25 pm

I did a little checking on this option because the car rental prices were crazy high when I started planning our trip, but all the Sandusky taxi services I could find were the "one car and the guy who owns it" kind of thing, I called one to get prices, left a message and they never called back. I ended up finding a pretty good car rental rate so I never did pursue it further.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:26 pm

pfalcioni wrote:I did a little checking on this option because the car rental prices were crazy high when I started planning our trip, but all the Sandusky taxi services I could find were the "one car and the guy who owns it" kind of thing, I called one to get prices, left a message and they never called back. I ended up finding a pretty good car rental rate so I never did pursue it further.

Have you looked into uber or lyft?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:29 pm

I use Uber all the time and did check but service looked spotty. Sometimes I'd look and be quoted a price and then the next time the app would say there's no service in this area.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby gratteciel » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Awesome, thank you Mike and Ken!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:29 pm

gearbm95 wrote:Anyone have experience using a local taxi service to get to the park while staying in Sandusky?

Two years ago and earlier this spring is was spotty and unreliable. Sometimes you'll see two Ubers out and about (the most I've ever seen), often times you'll see none at all. Taxi services aren't really regulated in the area (that I've noticed) so if you call one, you could be waiting an hour before you get picked up and they might charge you some crazy amount of money.

Overall, it's not recommended.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:09 pm

defrocker wrote:My family is considering taking a trip to Cedar Point next year. They could be about 10 people on this trip. Lodging could be a bit of a challenge. Does anyone have any experience with Lighthouse Point? I figure that would probably be a better option than just hotels. Any advice/experience with these "cabins?"

I'm staying in one of the smaller cabins in early August with other TPRers who are also well traveled. I'll be posting about the accomodation after returning. I have wanted to stay in the cabins for years, but my family never wants to travel at the same time as me.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:21 pm

theymitbgi wrote:
Doppel Looping wrote:
theymitbgi wrote:My son is at the park today with the FastLane+. He still is waiting 30-45 per ride. Is this normal? Is he doing something wrong?

Does he like gladiator movies?

No, but he did spend some time in a turkish prison...

:nina:
The first time I have ever used this hackneyed emoji

Vonni wrote:Any rumblings as to what could be coming to CP for 2019?

According to recent reports, it better be more guests before the place goes bankrupt from declining attendance.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:25 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext