TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

He still is waiting 30-45 per ride. Is this normal? Is he doing something wrong?

So here's my thoughts on this...

I've used Fast Lane Plus at Cedar Point many, many times. On busy Saturdays, on lighter weekdays...

I've seen FL+ lines that are quite long. And when I see that, I leave and go to another ride. Then I come back later when the line is not as long. Just like anything else in the park, it's all about timing. I've seen that 30-45 minute Fast Lane line at Maverick, but do I stand in it? No. I'll leave and check back a couple of hours later, maybe during a peak meal time like lunch or dinner, and when the line is 10 minutes or less, I'll grab 2-3 rides on it.

My other thought is that even if the Fast Lane line is 30-45 minutes, you have to ask yourself "How long is the normal line?" And if the normal line is 90 to 120 minutes, isn't it still better to wait half that time?

So it's all how you look at it, plan your day, and choose when to ride.

For the record, I've NEVER stood in a Fast Lane line longer than ten minutes over probably 20-30 uses of the system at Cedar Point during various times of the year.

Excellent, thanks for the post!

This is why TPR is awesome, as someone who's bad at/doesn't like trip planning yall make it tons easier. See, this is good to know, I've never used CP FL so I would've been very surprised to see 45 min waits, and I may have gotten flustered and just waited in it as yeah its better than 2 hours without thinking to try later. That's good to know in your many times of using it the "wait and come back" method has always worked! I will be sure to do this.

Esp in late August, I'd reckon it should be no issue.

Also it's advertised as "Wait LESS, Ride more". Not get on every ride instantly. A 30-45 minute wait compared to 1.5-3 hrs is preferable for most people.

If you purchased a FL+ for any Saturday from July till end of season expecting to walk on every ride it's valid for you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I've been to the park on Haunt Saturday's with the FL+ line at Maverick hitting 90 mins. That's still a lot shorter of a wait than the 2-3 hours the stand by line hits.

This has nothing to do with anything but this is a beautiful sight.

I know it's a stand-in for Steel Vengeance right now, but you have no idea how much I wish they would put Raptor back on Early Entry every day. We used to ride the crap out of it in the morning. That and Gatekeeper are the best early entry rides ever once you get sick of strategy and just decide you want to spend a solid hour riding something over and over with no line.

Untitled.jpg.e4a3b796106a07a42a853e973d3015f2.jpg

Please tell me you're joking! I just spent a ton of money for FL+ for a Friday Aug 17th and Saturday Aug 18th... Waiting 15-20 I can understand, but 30-40 for that type of money?!?! Is it like this all the time for people that have used FL+ at CP?!?!

You're exactly the kind of person that parks Guest Relations staff HATES! Remind me never to be at a park the same day you are.

Please tell me you're joking! I just spent a ton of money for FL+ for a Friday Aug 17th and Saturday Aug 18th... Waiting 15-20 I can understand, but 30-40 for that type of money?!?! Is it like this all the time for people that have used FL+ at CP?!?!

You're exactly the kind of person that parks Guest Relations staff HATES! Remind me never to be at a park the same day you are.

Are you coining me as the guy that complains to management? If so, that's unfair... I don't have the "let me speak to the manager" type haircut! LOL I just thought FL+ meant it dropped you off right at the station. Also, I am not a hardcore enthusiast, so sorry for not knowing everything. GEEZ!!! I'm pretty sure I am the most fun person at a park... I'd go up against anyone at anytime!!! You heard it! I'm the best! LOL Yes I am being sarcastic

Some really good news from a user on Reddit:

Steel Vengeance was testing with 3 trains this morning. They reprogrammed it so they can dispatch early with the two trains. Right now it has to wait until the wave turn until it dispatches. It climbs the lift hill slow until the final break run is clear (which is two different blocks). 3 train ops are definitely showing signs of progression. Id say it will have them by August.

The fact that they don't need to wait for the next train to completely return is fantastic, and three trains testing is good news as well.

I'm loving the angle of this camera. I don't think I've ever seen this one before!

does CP have an Auntie Annies?

maybe it's a cross promotion

Click this link. https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/drinks-dining/dining-locations

What's the first thing you see?

Wow. I didn't realize how many food stands and restaurants CP had until I scrolled through the list.

My son is at the park today with the FastLane+. He still is waiting 30-45 per ride. Is this normal? Is he doing something wrong?

Does he like gladiator movies?

No, but he did spend some time in a turkish prison...

Quick question, has anyone been able to use their platinum pass to get the fast lane deal for other people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked for my whole group last year; I was the only one with Platinum but my pass worked for everyone. Haven't bought FL+ this season yet, however.

Half truth half advertisement?

"I can't describe anything clearly about the park." "I can't describe anything clearly about the park." "I can't describe anything clearly about the park." "I can't describe anything clearly about the park." STEEL VENGEANCE!! "I can't describe anything clearly about the park." "I can't describe anything clearly about the park."

At least she got Steel Vengeance right and said it's best coasters in the country.

And 10 hours at CP is like Apocalypse Now? pfffft. Whatevs. I'm old as hell and weigh twice as much as she does and we did 3 days with 10+ miles a day walking rope drop to close. That park is a cinch to walk, it's all flat!

^^ If true (big if), it kind of sounds like the midcourse is not a functioning block.

That was my reddit. It ran like that all day. It is sad that the MCBR still isn't a block, but it is two train ops in the end so it isn't a big deal. It 100% was running with three trains in the morning. I remember seeing the transfer track empty while the coaster was actually running multiple times this morning which was really nice to see. I never saw it stop on the MCBR for a block test though.

Just wondering, I am going to the park late August. I plan to get FL+ one of the 2 days I am visiting for. How long will FL+ lines be on a Monday in late August? I think that is my best bet for short SV wait times. Also, should SV be running 3 trains by then?

^

Just wondering, I am going to the park late August. I plan to get FL+ one of the 2 days I am visiting for. How long will FL+ lines be on a Monday in late August?

As with everything with Cedar Point (and amusement parks) it can vary drastically. In reality they probably shouldn't be *too* bad (15-30 minutes on major ones... maybe?), but it depends on the ride, the type of day, etc.

Also, should SV be running 3 trains by then?

Given what others have seen, it will most likely be running 3 trains by late August.

Edited by CoasterInk