TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Personally I’m kind of hoping it’s not a Spinner, but I can see the commercials now claiming “worlds tallest spinning coaster” If you live in Southern California you know exactly what commercials I’m talking about lol

the sea world commercial is terrible. lol

Personally I’m kind of hoping it’s not a Spinner, but I can see the commercials now claiming “worlds tallest spinning coaster” If you live in Southern California you know exactly what commercials I’m talking about lol

Time Traveler was as super FUN ride and IMO more like the kind of attraction that SFMM could use. And yeah, they don't have a spinning coaster at the moment, right? So it would make sense for them to get that AND have the "worlds tallest, fastest, whateverest" because that's what they do...

Perhaps there's no correlation, but I can't imagine that the park would be able to build something that massive in the area due to the proximity of that new residential development. I assume that land was developed with the understanding that SFMM wouldn't radically change the landscape or increase noise levels or whatnot. I'm also hoping it's not a spinner (although it'd make sense) — or an RMC — but that's just because I'd personally love to see a record-breaking B&M floater (something like a cross between Diamondback and Fury 325 that spans a massive amount of the park), or some kind of oversized multi-launcher like Taron or Helix. I also can't imagine what they could do to fix up Apocalypse. It seems to be the design itself that tears the track up as the ride is non-stop speed and turns. It seems that without more hills to reduce momentum, the ride is always going to pull itself apart. Anyhow, it's nice to see the park's clear dedication to investing in new rides and improving on a regular basis. They've done a lot over the last decade or so.

Feel like Knott's has spinner covered....as well as dive. Probably a Mack tho....its going to be commercial that will basically share the fence, if there's a contract I feel it goes the other way....you are building/moving/living next to a major theme park that's been here long before you. There are large rides, noises, fireworks, lights, etc. Deal with it or find somewhere else

I'd actually be totally OK with an oversized Mack spinner at SFMM, as long as Carowinds' new Mack isn't a spinner . I'm loving the new US Mack additions, but I'd want at least one of the 3 latest/largest models to be standard orientation like Blue Fire.

Manta and Slinky Dog aren't quite enough to quench my thirst for a full-sized standard Mack LSM Of course, that's my selfish opinion

But I can really see SFMM marketing the hell out of records for biggest spinner or whatever, and I'd rather it be Mack than any other company

Why would Magic Mountain build another racer ....plus that's basically two coasters and people are already saying they wont fork up the cash for one Mack coaster.

I think Screamscape was pointing to a racing t

themed coaster..

I just hope if it is a coaster, which it's looking like it.might be, it's not another Yolo. I mean full circuit, decent length, no gimmick, could do without more inversion, airtime beast with no breaks on the biggest drop or a pace killing full stop MCBR, or second lift, get off like "that was perfect" kind of ride..not "good ride but should've (add elements here)" disappointment.

Probably be the giga Larson loop tho, LOL..."you guys want a Giga so bad, here's your flippin' Giga"

Edited by Coastin' thru life

A Mack Spinner doesn’t make sense if it’s going to be race themed. Also, Six Flags isn’t going to worry about the development behind them, most of the development right next the the park is going to be retail/commercial/industrial etc...the residential buildings should be further back away from the park itself. Newhall Land/5points isn’t stupid enough to build homes that close and have the commercial lots farther away.

I am overjoyed to see these Giant Discoveries becoming household rides across the SF chain. I've only ever been on Black Widow at Kennywood, and it's probably my second favorite ride in the entire park. When you think of the specs, though (170 foot max swing, 75 mph) it totally makes sense that these things would have the capability of being marquis attractions. In many cases, they're more impressive than some coaster-types.

Perhaps there's no correlation, but I can't imagine that the park would be able to build something that massive in the area due to the proximity of that new residential development. I assume that land was developed with the understanding that SFMM wouldn't radically change the landscape or increase noise levels or whatnot. I'm also hoping it's not a spinner (although it'd make sense) — or an RMC — but that's just because I'd personally love to see a record-breaking B&M floater (something like a cross between Diamondback and Fury 325 that spans a massive amount of the park), or some kind of oversized multi-launcher like Taron or Helix. I also can't imagine what they could do to fix up Apocalypse. It seems to be the design itself that tears the track up as the ride is non-stop speed and turns. It seems that without more hills to reduce momentum, the ride is always going to pull itself apart. Anyhow, it's nice to see the park's clear dedication to investing in new rides and improving on a regular basis. They've done a lot over the last decade or so.

I assume that Crazanity is increasing the noise impact on the adjacent speculative development. Having people scream high in the air will not be an amenity for the new housing (nor would seeing photos of the fires last year, but I digress). And SF obviously won't be putting up noise shields for their new ride ...

I'm not sure that SFMM "needs" a new coaster but it sounds like that is what they're installing, with a larger version of Time Traveler as the best guess. It's a style they don't have, making SFMM the world's largest rollercoaster museum.

OMG it's terrible "the only upside down view of Mission Bay"

OMG it's terrible "the only upside down view of Mission Bay"

"Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2019. Time Racer! California's tallest, fastest spinning coaster! Also new for 2019, Adrenaline Alley, with all new shops, dining and games!" I can hear the commercials now!