TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Need some input, is Mt. Olympus really that bad that I should avoid it at all costs? I’ve lived only a few hours away from the park for several years now and haven’t been yet, but since I might be moving away soon, I’m thinking about biting the bullet and going.

Tickets are $9. Just man up and go.

Need some input, is Mt. Olympus really that bad that I should avoid it at all costs? I’ve lived only a few hours away from the park for several years now and haven’t been yet, but since I might be moving away soon, I’m thinking about biting the bullet and going.

Tickets are $9. Just man up and go.

Just bring friends so when you split the parking fee you don't feel ripped off.

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't be shocked if an actual injury forced this... 2 years ago I was riding front row of Zeus and slammed my rib so hard on that turn that my side turned black and blue for a week. It was horrible looking. That whole turn around section was BRUTAL beyond any ride I've ever been on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've heard the ops at this park are wretched. If I show up on a sunny Sunday, roughly how busy do the coasters get?

From past reports it sounds like there's no guarantee rides open with the park, but if I show up late the max crowds will have arrived. I'm trying to figure out what the worst wait is at this park (1 hour?).

^^ I visited the park early last month on a Saturday with a threat of thunderstorms (that never came). Different circumstances than your situation, but hopefully you can take away something useful. At rope drop, there was only a small crowd at the entrance; a majority of them went to the water park, leaving walk-ons for all the coasters. All four wood coasters were open at park opening. The lack of crowds actually backfired on me since Hades only operates with a full train, so I wound up sitting in the station for about 15 minutes until enough people came to fill the train. The operations were far from great, but there were empty rows on all the coasters (except Hades) all day, so it didn't matter.

For those who have ridden Zeus recently, is it running smoother than usual? I did notice a lot of fresh wood on the turnaround.

I found it quite smooth. So either they really did a lot of work on it or I'm immune to rough rides.

• 8 months later...