TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

With all due respect Rob, you are incorrect on this.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong on something when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. And I say with without any due respect to your comments at all. You don't even know how to spell my name correctly. #dumb

giphy.gif

Chill...its a message board lol. If only the CP execs were this passionate ha.

You can leave anytime and no one will miss you.

But Anonymouscactus says on here that they go the first weekend of Halloweekends because the crowds are light...

First *Sunday*. Keep in mind PointFest falls on Saturday, September 15th. No thank you. I can't legitimately speak for Friday nights as I've never been but early on I'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad. Keep in mind that there are no scare zones on Sundays as well.

Also the only other downside to the day after PointFest is you can't park in the CP Shores parking lot since they put the stage out there. :-P

Thanks for the clarification; I didn't remember fully I guess! If the hotel pricing is an indication, the park must feel the first weekend has the lowest traffic, as it is lower than the rest of the weekends. It's cheapest the first weekend and ramps up peaking the third and second to last weekend, dropping slightly for the last weekend.

I made the mistake before of not taking full advantage of Friday because I had a bad headache and wanted to watch the Cardinals NLCS game, and then Saturday was so swamped they sold out of FL+ before I tried to buy them. It was a beautiful Columbus Day weekend....avoid Columbus Day weekend... But the couple times I've gone on Friday the lines were definitely manageable, even last time when the only things running were Gatekeeper and Valravn due to wind.

But yeah, not being able to park in the back lot is a bummer as well if you're not staying on the peninsula.

How about a Food & Wine festival at SFMM in the spring? Free concert series (actual good acts, not Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, Better Than Ezra and other park acts)

This opinion is so crazy you might as well be walkin on the sun.

I'm interested in seeing the attendance, I don't think the park has done poorly this year. t's not like 2012 when the parking lot seemed pretty dead on a regular basis. I do think the park has done a great job spreading people around with recent additions. The beach, in particular, seems to have had substantial growth.

Hey guys. Planning a trip to Cedar Point in mid August. We are going on a Tuesday and Wednesday but will be getting into Sandusky mid-late afternoon so was hoping to take in a little beach time. We have a platinum pass so I think parking is free. Can we go to the beach area of the park without actually going to the park? Or is there a better beach area nearby to go to? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Hey guys. Planning a trip to Cedar Point in mid August. We are going on a Tuesday and Wednesday but will be getting into Sandusky mid-late afternoon so was hoping to take in a little beach time. We have a platinum pass so I think parking is free. Can we go to the beach area of the park without actually going to the park? Or is there a better beach area nearby to go to? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Yeah you don't have to enter the park. If you just park in the normal parking lot, there's beach access right over by Gatekeeper's first drop (There's a sign that says "Boardwalk", just go through that, take a little boardwalk stroll and you're there)

I'm not convinced that attendance is down either. The park seemed pretty busy when we went earlier this year, moreso than our last visit (which was the same week, with similar weather when Valravn was new). I think we're creating a problem that isn't really there.

Hey CP experts. I'm going to the park for the very first time on Friday, July 20. I have no idea what kind of lines to expect at the coasters. I'm hoping someone can give me advice. I know a lot is weather dependent, so let's assume no rain and average temps.

My kids are not big enough for some of the coasters, and I don't want to overdo it and wear everyone out. So my plan is to do Blue Streak, Gemini, and Magnum before lunch at Chik Fil A, and Cedar Creek, Iron Dragon, and Millenium Force after lunch, with a few flats and a train ride thrown in there. Is this all pretty much do-able by about 4 PM?

Edited to add: I don't plan on buying the Fast Lane.

Bump?

I'm still hoping someone will answer this question. I know it's lame to go to CP for just a day and do only six coasters. I have my reasons. I just wanted to ask if this plan is feasible.

Hey CP experts. I'm going to the park for the very first time on Friday, July 20. I have no idea what kind of lines to expect at the coasters. I'm hoping someone can give me advice. I know a lot is weather dependent, so let's assume no rain and average temps.

My kids are not big enough for some of the coasters, and I don't want to overdo it and wear everyone out. So my plan is to do Blue Streak, Gemini, and Magnum before lunch at Chik Fil A, and Cedar Creek, Iron Dragon, and Millenium Force after lunch, with a few flats and a train ride thrown in there. Is this all pretty much do-able by about 4 PM?

Edited to add: I don't plan on buying the Fast Lane.

Bump?

I'm still hoping someone will answer this question. I know it's lame to go to CP for just a day and do only six coasters. I have my reasons. I just wanted to ask if this plan is feasible.

I absolutely think this is doable. If you get there at opening (or around then), then I expect you can do Blue Streak, Gemini, and Magnum probably within an hour! Not major lines on those coasters in all my experience, but even if the wait is a little more than usual, you are ABSOLUTELY going to have some free time between these coasters and lunch. You would be able to throw in a few more rides you want to do in the morning instead (Millennium, possibly? Or Mine Ride back by Chik Fil A).

You'll be able to clean up any coasters/rides you didn't get to in the afternoon, and probably still have significant time before 4 to do some other rides, if that's what you want.

That's ridiculously easy to do.

On the off chance that you're staying on property or buying a pass, note that Millennium Force is the only coaster open for Early Entry with a 48 inch height requirement (though Skyhawk is open, awesome and also has a 48 inch height requirement). If you get to Gemini early and it's not racing, come back later.

My son is at the park today with the FastLane+. He still is waiting 30-45 per ride. Is this normal? Is he doing something wrong?

This is why I prefer six flags fast lane. You reserve a time, and return to the ride at that time to get right on. Depending on the level you get, depends on your wait time. Regardless, you are not waiting in line and you can do whatever you want while waiting.

Last time I purchased a fast lane at cedarpoint, we still had to wait in a 45 min line for Maverick. If I'm paying that much for a line skip, I shouldn't have to wait more than 5 min in line.

o.thumb.jpg.1a4f452e8d047948bccb6cde888b64f3.jpg

Edited by thrillrider

Longest we waited on a busy day was 15 minutes while SV line stayed at 2 hours. Maverick has always been walk on for us with fast lane. I read SV is holding a 2 and half hour wait today which with FL is still saving you an hour 45.

FL+ is much more of a value at Cedar Fair's other parks, where it pretty much makes your experience walk-on. It's peak season, so anywhere from 15-45 minutes is normal. Hence why i'll probably never go during peak season again, staffing issues or not.

He still is waiting 30-45 per ride. Is this normal? Is he doing something wrong?

So here's my thoughts on this...

I've used Fast Lane Plus at Cedar Point many, many times. On busy Saturdays, on lighter weekdays...

I've seen FL+ lines that are quite long. And when I see that, I leave and go to another ride. Then I come back later when the line is not as long. Just like anything else in the park, it's all about timing. I've seen that 30-45 minute Fast Lane line at Maverick, but do I stand in it? No. I'll leave and check back a couple of hours later, maybe during a peak meal time like lunch or dinner, and when the line is 10 minutes or less, I'll grab 2-3 rides on it.

My other thought is that even if the Fast Lane line is 30-45 minutes, you have to ask yourself "How long is the normal line?" And if the normal line is 90 to 120 minutes, isn't it still better to wait half that time?

So it's all how you look at it, plan your day, and choose when to ride.

For the record, I've NEVER stood in a Fast Lane line longer than ten minutes over probably 20-30 uses of the system at Cedar Point during various times of the year.

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks for all the input, he's a 19 year old boy that knows everything, so sometimes he screws up and will get things wrong, just had to double check. Also used to the SF Flash Pass where everything pretty much becomes a walk on.

Truth. At a park like CP you still have to use some strategy, even with FL+. It's still well worth it when you only have a day, or two, or three... at a place like CP if you're not a frequent visitor. Who the FFF wants to wait in two hour lines to gamble with break downs?

Robb is spot on. I'd still bet money that he's exaggerating, waiting for the front or counting breakdowns though unless he's spent the entire day in Frontiertown .

This. I was there a week ago with Fast Lane Plus, and the only long line was Steel Vengeance. In my mind, it's an absolute steal for a park like Cedar Point. I rode Dragster 30 times with that beautiful wristband. Steel Vengeance might still be 45 minutes, but it's a hell of a lot better than 2+ hours.

I won't think twice about getting FastLane Plus the next time I'm at Cedar Point. Skipping whatever Steel Vengeance's line is alone makes it worth it (even if I wait 20-30 minutes, it beats 2 hours or whatever it may be).

My son is at the park today with the FastLane+. He still is waiting 30-45 per ride. Is this normal? Is he doing something wrong?

Please tell me you're joking! I just spent a ton of money for FL+ for a Friday Aug 17th and Saturday Aug 18th... Waiting 15-20 I can understand, but 30-40 for that type of money?!?! Is it like this all the time for people that have used FL+ at CP?!?!

Please tell me you're joking! I just spent a ton of money for FL+ for a Friday Aug 17th and Saturday Aug 18th... Waiting 15-20 I can understand, but 30-40 for that type of money?!?! Is it like this all the time for people that have used FL+ at CP?!?!

45 for Steel Vengeance when the regular line is 2 and a half hours is worth the money.