TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phil & Michael's 2018 Adventures

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught up on this and, oh my. I am so disheartened to hear of this. Brings a tear to my eye. It sounds like you had something really special. Hope you get back those lost pics. Memories are the best tribute to someone and after seeing so many of your reports, there's a lot of good ones.

I'm a newbie to posting on TPR, but I've been reading here for years. I feel a bit awkward offering you condolences, but I wanted you to know that I've thoroughly enjoyed your various trip reports, your and Michael's relationship has always reminded me of a good friend of mine who was married to the love of his life for 20 years, she was an amazing lady and they were perfect for each other, she just happened to be 20 years older than him. She passed away 2 years ago after battling cancer and it's still a shock to see him without her by his side, they were such a perfect team. You seem to have had a similar relationship and I am so sorry Michael is no longer by your side.

^^^ Thank you so much, Mark...yes, we did have a very special relationship and did TONS of traveling to other places besides amusement parks.

^^Thank you, I LOVE your trip reports too!

That is very sweet of you to mention your friends. We knew going in that the age difference could potentially come back to bite us later, but we didn't care. We just went out and did everything that we could do...and boy did we cram a lot into our 15 years together.

^ Thank you, Jordy!

For anyone that wants to see his obituary to see what type of special guy that he really was, below is the link. There you will get to understand some of his history and background...an amazing man, that's for sure!

Michael's Obituary

Edited by Philrad71

A big secret to living well is being able to have moments that become memories with the people you care about, and I'm glad that you and Michael got to enjoy many good times in this hobby that binds us all together here. I'm very sorry for your loss, Phil.

the Obituary is lovely, Phil.

I hope you don't mind that I added to the Condolence page.

Awwww....thank you Bert...that was lovely!

Oh no! I'm truly sorry for your lost. My prays and thoughts go out to you, family, and friends.

Thank you for the condolences!

A big secret to living well is being able to have moments that become memories with the people you care about, and I'm glad that you and Michael got to enjoy many good times in this hobby that binds us all together here. I'm very sorry for your loss, Phil.

Thank you, Samuel...very well said!

So sorry to hear about your loss Phil.

Thank you for the kind words!

Oh Phil, I am so very sorry to hear this.

I know I'm a ways away, but if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

D.

Thank you, David...SFOG is on the bucket list and now that you are back in Atlanta (I think?), I will let you know when I plan on getting down that way. It would be nice to get together for a day to ride some coasters!

Edited by Philrad71

Phil, I am so deeply sorry to hear of Michael's passing. When there was no update for a while on this Adventure thread I began to get worried. Please know my thoughts are with you, your friends, and family. I am happy to say I "knew" Michael through your posts right here on TPR thanks to the various trips you both took. In your many years together you sure packed in a hell of a lot of fun! May those happy memories fuel you through the sadness.

Hugs,

Liz

I only got to meet him briefly, but Michael was pretty special. He had some great stories.

My grandfather died of kidney failure in 2004, and I remember him getting a lot better right before he died. Don't know why that happens sometimes, but I'm glad you were able to take advantage of that time and have one last, really great trip.

I only got to meet him briefly, but Michael was pretty special. He had some great stories.

My grandfather died of kidney failure in 2004, and I remember him getting a lot better right before he died. Don't know why that happens sometimes, but I'm glad you were able to take advantage of that time and have one last, really great trip.

Thank you, Andrew...it was a pleasure meeting up with you in Branson and I hope that I can recover those photos so that I can post them. I remember Michael commenting after we left on what a nice man you were and that he (as well as I) really enjoyed having a few beers with you at Branson Landing.

Also, thank you Chuck, Andy and Adam...I very much appreciate the condolences.