Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby CP Maverick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 am

I thought the intensity was there, as I managed to stay awake during our employee midnight double feature the other night. I did feel like the threat was weakened near the end by having the 3 protagonists all being chased together. But before that, they kept the suspense fairly high for most of the film.
Original Maverick '99

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby T42Tube » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am

I am just gonna throw it out there JAWS is the best movie of all time, do you agree??What do you think is the best movie of all time?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:30 pm

The Snowman

A Nearly 2 hour movie that can be summed up as "Dumb cop and dumb partner try to find a killer" that includes a badly dubbed Val Kilmer, A Subplot with the Winter Games hosting Soccer, the song Popcorn, and Chloe Sevigny playing twins for 3 minutes. Also in an almost 2 hour movie barely mentions characters names. Blair Witch 2 made more sense.

This movie has the most useless celebrity appearances I've seen since Atlas Shrugged 2.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DallasAlvey » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Ant Man and The Wasp Review

antmanandwasp.jpg

Got a chance to see Ant Man and the Wasp last night. Really enjoyed the movie, like the first one it's a very fun and comedic addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The action is a lot of fun although a bit more "low-key" than other MCU movies. The scenes in the "quantum realm" are stunning and looked amazing in IMAX 3D. This being Ant Man AND the Wasp there's a lot of double teaming action between the two that works great. The comedy works very well, Michael Pena reprises his role as Luis and he's hysterical. Anytime he tells one of his "stories" it always ends in a creative and hilarious sequence. If you've seen the first movie you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ant-man-and-the-Wasp-Scott-Lang-and-Hope.jpg

However, like a lot of Marvel films, the villain's pretty weak. In fact there's two villain plots that sort of conflict with each other which makes both a bit uninteresting. I sorta wish they spent bit more time on the Ghost character, I think her story may have been more intriguing had it been developed a little more. The other antagonist is your typical evil corporate CEO type that's sorta just...there.

who-is-ghost-in-ant-man-and-the-wasp.jpeg

The movie does have a lot of heart, the common theme being about rising everything for family. Scott's daughter Cassie is adorable and completely steals the show whenever she's on screen. In the end, although it's a movie less epic in scale compared to other MCU movies, I'd say Ant Man and the Wasp is still a fun feel good movie that's worth checking out!

thumbnail_27781.jpg

By the way, absolutely stick around for the end credit scene on this one! ;)
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:27 am.

Postby viking86 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Just watched the remake of IT on Netflix, and I must say that I really enjoyed it. I have watched the original miniseries, but that was atleast 15 years ago so I only remember bits and pieces of it. I didn't find this new version very scary, but I still think it was very well made and I had a great time watching it.

The last new movie I watched was Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom about a month ago, and boy I did not enjoy this movie. I'm a huge JP fan, but for me it was a very dissappointing experience, despite going in with low expectations. When watching a JP movie I can always accept a certain 'suspension of disbelief', but this movie had me physically facepalming at times...

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:35 pm

^Disappointing is the best word to describe Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. I'm a fan of J.A. Bayona's prior work and the film had some good direction and some genuine moments of tension, and at times was a good, mindless popcorn flick. But the script needed another rewrite or 12. And they're bringing Trevorrow back to write and direct the next one? I mean, I'm still going to eventually see it because I am a fan of this franchise, but the script here left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Carowinds

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Postby viking86 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 am

I will definitely watch the next movie when it comes out, as I am a big fan of the franchise. Just have to make sure not to watch the trailers, as they give away so much of the movies these days. I never watched the final trailer for Fallen Kingdom, but just for fun I just watched it now and it basically shows you 90% of the movie in two and a half minute.
I agree that the movie was quite well directed, but as you say the problem lies with the script. I felt that I was watching a movie that contained dinosaurs rather than watching a JP movie. Yes, Jurassic World had a lot of dumb moments in it, but it was still fun and it managed to capture some of the JP spirit, and that I felt was completely lacking in JW:FK.

And speaking of the next movie, I'm just wondering what they're going to do with it. I just feel that what Fallen Kingdom ended with isn't that much of a threat. Yes, of course it will cause a bit of chaos and destruction, but trying to make it sound like a major threat to humanity?? I just don't see it, so they have to come up with something clever here...

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Yesterday I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp. The movie was pretty much what I expected a nice breather moment in the MCU behemoth. I apreaciate this movie coming after Infinity War I expect Captain Marvel to be very heavy in set-up to Avengers 4. Ant-man is one of the smaller MCU heroes who got a movie and I'm of an opinion that makes their universe feel more real, not every hero has to stop a criminal trying to take over the world some fight lesser villians who still have to get stopped. Ghost however felt underused she showed up (I felt) from out of nowhere and then had to compete against a villian that's just there for the sake of it I guess. The MCU has reached the point where the movies start to flux in how important they are, If you you look at a bridge between Civil War and Infinity War there isn't really one to be found, It's just a devolopment movie for a group of characters we already know. I know we got used by now that each chapter in the MCU worked to Infinity War but this movie didn't feel like it added new lore. I'm okay with it because I feel like after Avengers 4 the MCU will have a couple of Years where they don't build up to the next major event.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:52 pm

I saw Mission Impossible Falllout yesterday and it was incredible. It was everything I could want from an action movie. It was very reminiscent of Ghost Protocol except with a much stronger villain.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:49 pm

I saw Mission Impossible: Fallout today as well. As an action movie, I thought it was incredibly enjoyable. As a Mission Impossible film, it was slightly lackluster as I feel it lacked the signature setpiece. The helicopter chase climax was great and all, but it was no suspended on a wire from the first, the Burj Khalifa from 4, or the plane takeoff from 5. But overall, I greatly enjoyed it and am excited for the next installment in the series.

Also, to the person that brought a yapping emotional support chihuahua to the theater:
giphy.gif
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Carowinds

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random