TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Rode The Boss about 3 weeks ago. Can't say I enjoyed it very much. It was really rough. My daughter who has never says anything about the roughness of coasters came off saying it was too painful for her to ride again. I can only imagine what the helix was like...I thought the layout was really good though. It could be a great coaster if it were smoother.

You know how the Boss makes you feel like you've been in a street fight? Imagine getting beaten up and then put in a centrifuge. The helix was intense.

RMC Boss could absolutely destroy Steel Vengeance in terms of ride experience and give a night ride that'd make Beast and Voyage tremble in awe. You heard it here first. If any other ride has a more perfect location and scale for a world-class ride I have yet to behold its glory.

I agree that with the helix removed and other re-tracking that has been done that the hopes of The Boss getting smoother most likely won't happen and that is OK. As big as it is the cost to RMC would be out of the price range for most parks, even more so with St. Louis.

I still enjoyed my first trip. One of the better looking SF parks. I came away thinking that if they could get a new, signature coaster it would be more of a destination park. They have a nice selection of B,B+ rides just not a true "must ride coaster". It is one of the smallest markets for a Six Flags so I can see why not a whole lot of capital is put into the park though.

When I was in St Louis a couple of years ago there were billboards advertising Holiday World and even Kentucky Kingdom. I'd say there's probably a decent-sized market, but the park isn't really in shape to cater to it.

The park's location and backdrop is absolutely beautiful. I'd go back to get the remainder of the credits and ride the woodies some more (Screamin Eagle has the realest floater airtime to ever exist and I never got to try AT in the back), but I've always passed through on a tight schedule and it's not a good enough park to make any extra time for in my mind.

St. Louis is a decent sized city really, about 2 million. The problem is that no one takes a vacation to St. Louis. Branson is really the only vacation destination in the state. St. Louis has plenty of things that are legitimately great, including City Museum, Grant's Farm, the Zoo, and SLAM, but it suffers from the same stigma as other Rust Belt cities. People just don't think of it when deciding where to spend their two weeks.

This morning I got to see some of the July Fourth Fest stuff for the first time this year. Compared to previous years, they amped up the event like crazy! DC Comics Plaza is full of all kinds of fun promotions, special food items, a Schafly beer truck/tent (Prozach, you might want to come), and other things. The most impressive part though might be all of the red, white, and blue decorations. They include the JLBM outdoor queue fence, lots of bunting and signs on the train trestle there, and every lamp post wrapped in garland. Then the Palace Theater looks really nice with its red, white, and blue flags (which will soon be traded for green, purple, and yellow in sure). They also have had live music, foam parties, and my favorite part, the nightly fireworks display.

In the past, I always thought that what they did for the July Fourth Fest still made it a great event, but they really did a great job at improving an already solid event this year.

Nah. They sold it to Raging Rivers and are in the process of replacing it with a diving board.

I don't know if anyone has talked about it, but for those who have been to the park this year are there any minor updates or areas that have been cleaned up?

Nah. They sold it to Raging Rivers and are in the process of replacing it with a diving board.

I don't know if anyone has talked about it, but for those who have been to the park this year are there any minor updates or areas that have been cleaned up?

Yes there have been plenty of areas where worn wood has been replaced on fences and railings. The midways have been mostly resealed. New coats of paint in plenty of places. HVAC work seems to have been done in some public spaces (but sadly none of the ride queues that have it - Mr Freeze is still hot as heck and Eagle still has trees growing out of its system). Nothing of note in the water park that I can tell. Several of the permanent snack stands have received railing to control the lines that can develop.

^ Good to know. Is there any new lighting in the park?

Not that I can tell. I wish that there'd be more.

Actually, with Colossus down for its upgrade, the ride hasn't had the lighting package on at all either. Dark for basically two months at this point. So if anything the lighting is worse at the moment.

Thanks for the summer sarcasm refresher Prozach........as a 7th grade teacher I'm never exposed to sarcasm. She says sarcastically and with a grin

I haven't been real recently due to getting more than a mom's fill of parks at CoasterCon a couple weeks ago BUT I know early in the year I noticed a definite improvement in some of the landscaping. They had planted some cool weather flowers back in the spring, which hopefully have since been replaced with warm weather flowers, and had filled in several previously bare planter areas. I have to say in all seriousness that the gardens/landscaping at BGW really blew me away. Spectacular.

I was HH yesterday, there was a backhoe and a few skid-steer's clearing out some of the woods next to Big Kahuna and Wahoo Racer. Not sure what they're doing yet, but very curious! Sorry didn't have my phone on me to grab some photos.

340030448_sixflags.PNG.91e76ca6e6bc579e9dcc5e8c95afc2b2.PNG

Hmmm....that's interesting.

I found out the answer to my own question about TT. There was a VERY brief story on the morning local news. They just stated that a woman had fallen out of the raft on opening day of the ride, gotten whiplash, the ride had been closed ever since and they noted that there is no inspection requirement for water slides in MO. I'm sure a lot of people will immediately start thinking of the KC slide where the very sad and unfortunate death occurred, even though the two situations have nothing in common. I wonder if the thing is dead even before it got off the ground?

Prozach your comment may not have been sarcasm after all! Maybe they can convince the populace that they did a "tweak" and its ok?

Whip lash? Typical. The ambulance chasers were all over this. She'll get a little bit of money, which is what this is all about. If you tell a doctor that your neck hurts really bad they're going to diagnose you with whip lash. If you complain enough they're going to cover their asses and tell you to wear a neck brace for several days. I don't even know why I have to say it, since we already know this.

Thornhill wrote in a message to The Associated Press that she had since hired an attorney and would not be able to answer more questions. She declined to provide the attorney’s name.

I was waiting for this.

“If it has mechanical things to get you up … then it’s a ride,”

Whoa...