TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Typical six flags, lol

I like having SFFT as my homepark because of the SF parks they seem to have the least janky policies in terms of weather and ride closures. Rerides, on the other hand, are a messy policy across every park in the chain except Great America from what I've seen

There's only a few instances I can think of where rerides shouldn't be allowed with an empty row. Stuff like The Boss where it's really rough and beats you up a little, intense stuff like RMC raptors, Skyrush, and I305 where even some enthusiasts consider them too intense, and certain big orange coasters with dumb pointless greyout elements that leave you with a migraine.

Other than that, rerides should never be an issue. I never really appreciated them until I started taking every opportunity I could to get them, and it really makes a difference if you're into riding stuff a ridiculous amount of times. It makes those double digit ride counts so much more obtainable.

Rerides, on the other hand, are a messy policy across every park in the chain except Great America from what I've seen

Great Adventure's is pretty awesome too. Me, Brit and Boldikus rode Nitro for at least an hour and a half without getting up at night in January a few years ago. They allow unlimited re-rides on every ride plus seat jumping to empty rows. Hell, they straight up beg people to re-ride on El Toro and Kingda Ka to keep the trains from valleying on Toro and to keep the weight consistent on Kingda Ka so it doesn't roll back.

New England? Yeah... they're a joke. We got someone to let us re-ride Tomahawk once but she was the best ride op in the history of the park, it was closing day and she didn't care .

Well count my lucky stars...look what's open today!

Also, can someone please explain why flashback is only allowed to fill the back of the train if it's not a full train? This is just another example of the stupid polices that this park has.

20180629_113616.thumb.jpg.aa54cf716b0e3bf52ca863b2ccdbb12e.jpg

To be fair yesterday the thunderstorms were coming in hourly waves. It was going from rain and thunder, to sunny, and back again. It did this all day, so I can understand not wanting to have to close all the attractions every hour or two for lightning.

^^ because of the recent valleying problems on flashback

I think last year was the first year they adopted this approach. I remember it being first come, first serve in years prior. Granted I probably only rode it once per season.

Rerides, on the other hand, are a messy policy across every park in the chain except Great America from what I've seen

Great Adventure's is pretty awesome too. Me, Brit and Boldikus rode Nitro for at least an hour and a half without getting up at night in January a few years ago. They allow unlimited re-rides on every ride plus seat jumping to empty rows. Hell, they straight up beg people to re-ride on El Toro and Kingda Ka to keep the trains from valleying on Toro and to keep the weight consistent on Kingda Ka so it doesn't roll back.

Maybe that's where the "Great" comes from.

To be fair yesterday the thunderstorms were coming in hourly waves. It was going from rain and thunder, to sunny, and back again. It did this all day, so I can understand not wanting to have to close all the attractions every hour or two for lightning.

We were staying just a few miles from the park. Once they closed the park at 3, we went right to a movie theater from the park to catch a movie. As soon as the movie was over(roughly 530-6) the sky was clear and no rain what so ever. There was one cell moving into the area as we were walking into the movie theater. The rain that came thru, would have only of taken about an hour to clear out of the area. No excuse to shut down the park for 90% of the day because of an hour long rain storm. It had every bit to do with the crowd size. I'm willing to bet money on that.

I believe it's just this particular six flags park. I have been to most six flags parks plenty of times when a rain storm(s) hit. The parks have always remaind open in my experiences. This park is just full of quirky rules and polices that left us scratching our heads.

Ill have a trip report up soon.

Six Flags America and Six Flags Great Adventure are doing this more and more also. The chain as a whole seems to be closing parks due to low attendance really frequently over the last few years. If it’s even mildly cold or there’s a chance of rain I don’t bother going unless I expect decent crowds or I’m in the area anyway.

We decided to take an evening trip to SFNE to checkout the July 4th Fest fireworks and the after party evening ERT on basically everything in the Gotham City section. We got to the park at 7 p.m. and were told that all of the rides were down except for the kids rides. Lightning was still in the area. We went in and walked around a bit then grabbed a bite. Just as we were finishing we heard Scream start testing. Just like that everything started running. Since it was so hot and most of the rides had been closed the park was very empty. We walked on the majority of the coasters and only had a one train wait for Superman. Harley Quinn was at most a cycle wait too. Wicked Cyclone was running extremely fast through the entire course. It gave one of the best rides that I’ve ever had on it.

When we got off the fireworks started so we watched them from WC’s exit ramp. We thought they were good and they lasted a solid 15 minutes. Then we headed back to Gotham City for the party and ERT. Originally only Diamond and Diamond Elite members got in for free. For everyone else you either needed a receipt from the food festival or the special July 4th cup. To the parks credit they announced that any passes holders or members could also get in free now. Guessing this was due to the low attendance but still cool of the park to do. They had a DJ in front of Joker during the ERT hour which included lights, smoke and foam. All in all we had a great time and credit to the park for getting everything back up and running and for also not canceling the ERT. Here’s a few pics from the evening.

0016544D-5584-43B3-BB58-CD175146E918.thumb.jpeg.c543a06703af05d4d8084570f48ac4f4.jpeg

1B3B0ECD-F755-448E-9D8E-9793D7AD18E5.thumb.jpeg.fb56374a6f47bf136c89a0b95f662c8e.jpeg

44432F0D-1E89-4C02-ADBC-CB0556B53D15.thumb.jpeg.c99334ef43a572466936ec5dd315b9c6.jpeg

58E409DF-E11B-43F4-8847-A438228D214F.thumb.jpeg.ec00c742f1debff1991d6a528323fd35.jpeg

65670FEB-0A21-4209-82FF-9ABE6993785E.thumb.jpeg.84ece943189e5ca5aee99fc8bd88d04d.jpeg

Harley Quinn all lit up and looking awesome!

7C849385-D4B7-4206-A062-F71895D90C9A.thumb.jpeg.4b65e298b8c6d86854107e64ca2240da.jpeg

A few shots of the fireworks from Wicked Cyclone’s exit ramp.

823B49B6-19F6-461E-91CD-D71A2B4DDF18.thumb.jpeg.9f7a7ca2cd855b425c978c167b6ee5ac.jpeg

8CFD203D-21B9-40C5-B29B-C908B26D27FA.thumb.jpeg.ac775657ce785de5d6f91c70ba6a511c.jpeg

9D806705-A283-4C7F-8F36-65D63B8D7C55.thumb.jpeg.f05e400077aa6106c90b61035003481e.jpeg

DJ setup for the after party.

BEC09242-A5F1-4A39-8187-AE4DCD6A3A7E.thumb.jpeg.ad9e37cf6af62e426a20042b82916af3.jpeg

C76379E7-1304-43EE-AE40-59196B390481.thumb.jpeg.b3dc456b3f9332799a79dc2b77537e89.jpeg

DD648A30-BD95-4298-BAE2-29D2238AA92A.thumb.jpeg.3b484a951c88f079a7a87362901e31ff.jpeg

E183359B-2677-485C-993F-F4307BF775F7.thumb.jpeg.b66985bb0ebae2739df8a648e4a39b54.jpeg

FE081C7F-D50B-487D-8414-CED3BEF4CADB.thumb.jpeg.ef292ff371866849793b39b14cf3f082.jpeg

Wow sorry to hear that you had such a bad time. This is my home park and I’ve never had an experience like yours. As a matter of fact the weather was not good July 3rd yet the park stayed open, got all the rides back open and still held the evening ERT even though the park was virtually empty.

Hello all, my home park is SFA and I will be taking the long journey from Baltimore to Agawam over the weekend. I'll likely have one full day at the park on saturday and may possibly have a few hours on Sunday but i'm not holding my breath on that. Is it possible that y'all can inform me on what to expect, what policies are different from those at SFA and what the must-dos are outside of the major rides. I'd also love any tips about how to have a much better day at the park. Thank you in Advance.

One major difference is the reride policy in that SFNE makes you walk around for each ride even if there's no line. They also have a few rides where you can't leave loose articles on the ride platform (Superman, Wicked Cyclone, Batman, Riddler).

On the positive side, beyond the coasters you have some great flats in Harley Quinn, SkyScreamer, Scream, and Houdini. Also make sure you ride Superman at least once in the very front. It'll probably be an extra 30-40 minute wait since it's supposedly down to one train while waiting on a part for the other train, but it's worth it.

Pandemonium (Flash Pass line) and Scream (exit) have two little known single rider lines that can save you a lot of time. Batman occasionally has one on the Flash Pass entrance (ask the greeter) and Goliath has one but it's towards the end of the main queue.

If you have any intentions of riding Typhoon (their water coaster), do that first. If the queue is at the bottom of the tower, it's an hour wait.

After that, hit the other 4 person raft slides if you plan to do those too like Swiss Family Toboggan (surprisingly good), Tornado, or Zooma Falls. The 2 person raft slides and body slides don't usually get waits beyond 15-20 minutes.

May be heading out to the park next Saturday:

(1) Worth It to snag the gold flash pass if I want to ride everything (including most flats and water rides)? How is the single rider line situation?

(2) thoughts on quality of Holiday Inn Enfield vs Hampton Inn Enfield? About $100 difference in price across the two nights.

May be heading out to the park next Saturday:

(1) Worth It to snag the gold flash pass if I want to ride everything (including most flats and water rides)? How is the single rider line situation?

(2) thoughts on quality of Holiday Inn Enfield vs Hampton Inn Enfield? About $100 difference in price across the two nights.

Probably a good idea to get one, the park is usually pretty busy on Saturdays depending on weather. Also Superman’s blue train is not operational at the moment, so might be a good idea if you want to ride more than 1-2 times. Line is probably going to be very long with one train.

Mini-TR: Six Flags New England 7/14/2018

My family and I took the long journey from Baltimore to Agawam as a late Birthday trip for my 16th Birthday. It was a pretty packed day and by no means was I able to hit everything, partly due to my 4 hour stint in the waterpark. I was able to do Wicked Cyclone, Pandemonium, Batman: Dark Knight, Joker, Catwoman's Whip, Gotham

City Gauntlet and Superman: The Ride.

Wicked Cyclone: Caught this coaster in the earlier part of the day. I expected it to be Top 3 material but came off a little disappointed. I was expecting Skyrush style ejector and just an insanely fast paced ride but ended up getting a more tame ride in my opinion. Definitely in my top 10 but just wasn't what I was expecting. 8/10

Pandemonium: Amazingly fun. Family coaster. In my opinion every park needs a family coaster along the lines of this one. My home park's family coaster is Rajin Cajun and the amount of fun experienced on that pales in comparison to the amount of fun had on Pandemonium. 7/10

Joker: I've ridden the one at Great Adventure. Got a couple more flips this time but nothing different about this one. 6/10

Batman: Dark Knight: Extremely middle of the road floorless coaster. Probably my least favorite of the floorless coasters due to the pacing. 5/10

Catwoman's Whip: Standard Zierer Tivoli. SFA should get one.

Gotham City Gauntlet: Quite possibly the worst Wild Mouse I've ever been on.

Superman: The Ride: And to think I was going to skip this one. My oh my is this an amazing coaster. This coaster mixes Superman: Ride of Steel airtime with skyrush-esque turns albeit less intense. This coaster is truly a masterpiece and earned my #2 spot behind I305. 9.9/10