TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags [FUN] Corporate Discussion Thread

p. 91: Six Flags and Cedar Fair to enter "merger of equals" agreement, company will still be called "Six Flags"

I'm surprised the Geauga Lake fanboys haven't tried to get SF to buy it back .

This was honestly one of my very first thoughts as I could see people still not able to get over the fact that the park is gone.

• 2 weeks later...
https://mypass.sixflags.com/welcomeoffer.aspx will walk you through the process. You enter some info, they send you a promo code, and you buy your pass online. I went through the process of using a SFMM pass to buy a Darien Lake thrill pass but ultimately decided against it as it does not include parking or any other benefits other than admission.

https://mypass.sixflags.com/welcomeoffer.aspx will walk you through the process. You enter some info, they send you a promo code, and you buy your pass online. I went through the process of using a SFMM pass to buy a Darien Lake thrill pass but ultimately decided against it as it does not include parking or any other benefits other than admission.

Thank you!

How would I do this if I wanted to do this the opposite way and get admission to Six Flags park with a Darien Lake season pass?

• 3 weeks later...

Just an FYI for anyone thinking of upgrading/switching to membership from season pass. I recently decided before a big trip that a diamond membership made more sense than a gold season pass. From the FAQs on SF website, I was lead to believe that if I upgraded, the cost of my pass would be pro-rated and given back to me in SF bucks at my home park. Also that all pass changes need to be made at the home park.

My "home" park was SFOG and my next SF park was SFA. So I called and asked what I could do without reporting to SFOG (4.5 hours south) before going to SFA (5 hours north). The CSR told me to buy a membership from SFA and then cancel the SFOG pass. When I asked about how the SF bucks would work, she said they would issue a full refund. I was a bit skeptical, but did as she suggested.

I sent confirmation numbers from both sales to SF and the full amount of two gold season passes was refunded within 3 days. YMMV.

^I'm in a somewhat similar situation, except I'm going to be changing from membership to membership instead of upgrading from a season pass. I decided to just cancel my existing membership with plans to purchase a higher level at my next park (I don't live near any Six Flags, so single-park perks/having a membership to my closest one aren't important to me). I know this means new fees instead of having them roll over, but I'm okay eating that. Hope I don't regret it now after hearing about other folks successfully handling situations like this more smoothly, though!

I'm still waiting on a "confirmation" that my cancellation is "real," though (seriously, Six Flags?), so we'll see if even the first part of this plan goes as expected.

• 1 month later...

It looks like a weird mix of Great Escape and Six Flags New England's kids/family rides.

The directions page is the most baffling. I'm guessing they just cut and paste something because this park is supposedly 50 miles from Franklin, 75 miles from Johnson City, and 95 miles from Smithfield. It mentions Albany and I-85, the latter of which is down in the Carolinas, Georgia, and Virginia. I first thought of Albany, NY but there is an Albany, GA whose population is actually respectable at 75,000.

Edited by Canobie Coaster