Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: jamesk25 and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby bbmchl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:56 pm

The article says it was unknown whether or not there were any injuries. The Wikipedia page on incidents at Six Flags says the person was taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries.

Haven't seen anything else. Anyone know if there were injuries and what they were?

Mike

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 pm

edit........
Last edited by prozach626 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:34 pm.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby parkjunkie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:22 pm

bbmchl wrote:

The article says it was unknown whether or not there were any injuries. The Wikipedia page on incidents at Six Flags says the person was taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries.

Haven't seen anything else. Anyone know if there were injuries and what they were?

Mike

Last I heard was that the guest WAS NOT injured and the trip to the hospital was just precautionary.... but like Prozack said, measures taken due to possible civil suit

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby bbmchl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:05 pm

[/quote]

Last I heard was that the guest WAS NOT injured and the trip to the hospital was just precautionary.... but like Prozack said, measures taken due to possible civil suit[/quote]

Someone else posted that the rides are designed for riders to fall off the rafts and still safely finish the ride. Makes sense from a design point of view. I always thought I could do Tornado without a raft, but I do have a swimming/lifeguard/open water swimming background.

KMOX radio news report quoted park officials in their report, no mention of going to the hospital, and concluded by saying no word on injuries. So unclear if it was "no comment" from park officials, or they can't say for medical privacy reasons. Touchy issue these days.

My wife is saying is saying "no way" for our kids (and me) doing Typhoon Twister, citing the Schlitterbahn tragedy. We've done Tornado many times, so I'm sure we will be fine.

Mike

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Danrarbc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:30 pm

The rider has decided to speak.

As someone who has ridden it the story is just so implausible.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby parkjunkie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:32 am

Danrarbc wrote:The rider has decided to speak.

As someone who has ridden it the story is just so implausible.

The woman the news interviewed IS NOT THE ORIGINAL INJURED GUEST!!! This idiot didn't say a word to anyone, went to the hospital later on her own, THEN said something. Sounds to me like this person heard about the original story and decided to give a law suit a shot. There's a good chance she's not even hurt, and even if she is, prove it even happened at the park

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Here comes the money train.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:05 pm

I've ridden the ones at HH Arlington many times, nothing like this has ever happened.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm

There is nothing like this slide in Arlington.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:35 pm

I've seen people fall out of their tubes and finish slides on typical tube rides like Black Knight and Bermuda Triangle, but never on something like this. Even saw a kid fall off his tube on Mad Raft @ ZDT's once and finish the ride fine (although the local kids freaked out in the typical "HE COULDA DIED THIS IS SO DANGEROUS OMG" fashion)
This one is a little more intruiging, interested to see how it plays out in terms of what actually happened since there are various accounts.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!