TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

There are a few changes around the park that caught my attention this week. One is the name and look of Mummies Yummies. It was renamed The Oasis, sporting bright orange and blue colors. I honestly think the new upgrade looks nice. The second is actually also in Africa, three poles were placed at the corner of the amphitheater, where they use to house the All Wheels Sport Show. The fact that one of the poles were placed directly at the corner makes it seem like a fence of some kind could be put up.

4B50D385-FC14-46DF-A016-7ADF2543C0EA.thumb.jpeg.1b873755f7de544639bacf555e85fa73.jpeg

C89309BE-4593-4BF6-AE49-1486DDA3A77C.thumb.jpeg.c362360ce8c11960a3cf9505a8c85184.jpeg

I do like the paint details they added to the oasis as it’s now called. It looks nice. Hopefully they could share some of that paint with the decorations and murals on Fury of The Nile. Sure, those 3 poles are weird. But why build a pad for a bench if it’s just going to be fenced off

I do like the paint details they added to the oasis as it’s now called. It looks nice. Hopefully they could share some of that paint with the decorations and murals on Fury of The Nile. Sure, those 3 poles are weird. But why build a pad for a bench if it’s just going to be fenced off

That pad has been there, vending machines use to sit there

Just got back from a quick trip to Worlds of Fun for my first time ever!

Got there about 9:30 so was able to get in for the early season pass admission at 9:45. Thanks to the helpful advice received here, I was able to do Spinning Dragons with no wait, Patriot front row (no wait), Timber Wolf (the only person on the ride!), Mamba, and Boomerang.

Prowler. OUCH. I mean seriously?? It felt like they forgot to tighten every bolt and screw on the track, so running over them was like being jack hammered at 40 mph. Has it always been this awful?

Literally got to ride every coaster in about an hour and still had time for the log ride and train.

IMG_5652.thumb.jpg.d4dd95461bf4723a7ca81530e7071821.jpg

Nice entrance though the walk from the parking lot seems long

IMG_5657.thumb.JPG.f9daa0406fb13a08b54745d391323b9f.JPG

The carousel

IMG_5666.thumb.JPG.0a86e37a49f547c12684aed249cb4be1.JPG

See? I am the only one on Timber Wolf!

IMG_5670.thumb.JPG.0bba716dedf7314adac2b14f863919d8.JPG

Yes. I rode this.

IMG_5676.thumb.JPG.ef5c86a237c4c8221291ecd9923a987d.JPG

Eh. Not impressed

IMG_5677.thumb.JPG.88df9a4389f0122610bb372ececd00cb.JPG

OK ride

IMG_5678.thumb.JPG.91eed8cc64ab8b8db4f09315a2a8403d.JPG

No. NO. NO. Painful from the first drop to the end.

IMG_5705.thumb.JPG.a6ba19503a77bcd94a97554c0f7ed30c.JPG

IMG_5708.thumb.JPG.765a9893bca00ccd9556e4735488c2d2.JPG

Thanks to FunPix and my Platinum Pass add on, these were all included!

Awesome! Glad you got to do all that. Haven't been this year yet myself, but typically it's really good in the spring and by fall it does get rough. It's usually not too bad this time of year, but maybe they didn't wuite do as much due to finishing Timber Wolf.

Just got back from a quick trip to Worlds of Fun for my first time ever!

Awesome! I was just there two weeks ago for the first time ever as well. Every ride was a walk on so we covered the park in no time. We bought fast lane passes online weeks ahead of time and were bit bummed that we didn't need them but better safe than sorry.

I found Timberwolf to be absolutely painful—moreso than Prowler. It hurt sooooooooooo much from beginning to end. Even the new section couldn't save it from being flat out unrideable. I did it a second time in the back and it was even worse.

I loved Prowler's speed. It was relentlessly fast from start to finish but incredibly rough as well. I didn't find it painfully rough or unrideable rough but it wasn't pleasant, that's for sure.

Mamba surprised me. I loved it! Or at least the first half. I felt the back seat had some decent ejector air over the two hills and the hang time in the front seat seemed to last forever. The bunny hills on the return were between uncomfortable and painful in the back with some mild floater air in the front and middle. We rode it at least a dozen times, mostly in the front.

Partriot was alright. I'm not a huge fan of these type of coasters because they all seem to ride the same in my opinion so waiting fr more than 15 minutes to ride it would be too long for me.

Spinning Dragons was a fun family coaster. It seemed to spin faster the heavier the riders are and there's a decent airtime hill at the end.

Overall, I thought WoF was a cute park with a decent collection of coasters and classic flat rides. I spent a lot of time on the Trioka (Mustang Runner) and Enterprise (Zulu) as well. I haven't seen or ridden either one of those rides since I was around 13.

^^ Great report!

I avoided wheel seats on Timber Wolf as a precaution, but I found it pretty smooth. The retracked bit ran great and the end is trimmed so much that the bumps aren't an issue.

As for Prowler, it definitely was bumpy and difficult to reride, which was a shame since I loved the layout and pacing.

Interesting, I didn't think either was that bad and re-rode both 5x (went on opening night for the Timberwolf reborn event) But I am a wood coaster guy so maybe I am just used to them.

Dang! I have yet to ride Prowler, and had heard it rode great back when it opened. Hopefully, they do a little re-tracking or something to take care of the "roughness" it seems many are experiencing, before I someday make my way out there again.

Interesting, I didn't think either was that bad and re-rode both 5x (went on opening night for the Timberwolf reborn event) But I am a wood coaster guy so maybe I am just used to them.

Prowler was still the best ride in the park and I rode it multiple times. I just couldn't chain rides back to back.

I'm in the minority here about Prowler's ridability. I'm a lover of wooden coasters so I expect some level of roughness and in Prowler's case the roughness was walking the line between being ridable and unridable. I found it uncomfortably rough, more than usual for a woodie, but not painful or unridable. Although, I can see where others are coming from about it's ridablity.

I'm in the minority here about Prowler's ridability. I'm a lover of wooden coasters so I expect some level of roughness and in Prowler's case the roughness was walking the line between being ridable and unridable. I found it uncomfortably rough, more than usual for a woodie, but not painful or unridable. Although, I can see where others are coming from about it's ridablity.

I guess I am with you. I have never found Prowler that rough. Maybe it is the seat I sit in. But I have been on it about 6 times this year, and its been great all 6 times. I still find the last part of Timber Wolf way rougher than any part of Prowler.

So in my last post I discussed how, they could be putting up a new fence in the place of those three poles. The fence was fixed to match the rest of the fencing along the path. But something new also popped up today during my stroll through the park, there are now 4 spots with orange flags right next to Bloodshed. I don’t know if they have any significance, just thought I’d share them. What are your thoughts on this topic ?

06E8A5FB-A3F9-46FD-908D-910A8151BDDB.thumb.jpeg.5e3ed6e4db7be7d79dd363c50839ba1c.jpeg

I wouldn't get to excited about it. I don't think they'll put a ride there since the stage is right next to it. I don't even think it'll be a haunted house since there's the Blood Shed (Macdonalds slaughter house) next to it but who knows, the haunt season is their most busiest time of year. Maybe if we're all good boys and girls this year, we can get really lucky and get a new restaurant

If they waste this big open plot of land on a haunt structure, well that’s just sad.

I love haunt but I think it would be a huge eyesore for a building in that spot.

I did talk to someone at Crypticon and it seems they are definitely adding more to haunt next year.

It’s just pretty sad that it serves only as a seasonal attraction. They could make a funhouse if they wanted

...I still find the last part of Timber Wolf way rougher than any part of Prowler.

I couldn't agree with you more. That final section after the overbank turn was pure torture. It rattled every bone in my body and every tooth in my head. It was dreadful. My partner had to sit for around 15 minutes after riding it because it gave him a headache and flat out refused to ride it again.

At the beginning of this video there's talk about teasing at Cedar Point for a possible new coaster at WOF. Do you think that we may actually see a new coaster or could this not even be for WOF. The teasing also has the numbers 125 and six if you think that means anything.

That guy is not smoking the good stuff. "Worlds of Fun is kinda near the Mississippi, and you cross the Mississippi to get to it."

It's over 200 miles from the Mississippi, and virtually no one who visits this place comes from the East. Their clientele are from MO, KS, NE, and IA.

I don't know what the teaser is actually for, but that guy obviously does not understand Missouri. We'll be just fine without his opinion.