TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest things said on TPR

Hercules

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
The restraints are designed to lock your lower half of your body in place. If they were to fail and come up, the seat belt on the ride is not going to keep you in the seat.

SMDH... I mean, if that were the case, why even put seat belts on the coaster to begin with?

The restraints are designed to lock your lower half of your body in place. If they were to fail and come up, the seat belt on the ride is not going to keep you in the seat.

SMDH... I mean, if that were the case, why even put seat belts on any coaster to begin with?

Fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

^ Actually I've heard somewhere that certain rides mostly use the seat belts to make sure that the riders fit to avoid another NTxG-type incident* more than as a backup if the lapbar fails. Someone fact-check me on that.

*For those of you who don't know, in 2013 a lady was ejected from New Texas Giant since her body was far too large for the train, tragically causing her death. She should never have been put on the ride to begin with.

^According to what I've heard repeatedly, that's absolutely the case. I would've posted that myself in some of these threads, but didn't want to take the time to fact-check/cite sources in case I got some details wrong. But, anyway, yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From the KI thread...

Oh man, you guys got trolled. Went from sob hype to antique cars...sob return would have been epic...oh well, magic mountain is my home park, I sure they'll give you something to laugh at on the 30th....Cheers!

Hmmmm .. . .not as customized for Wonderland as we thought, eh?

If you have been on Valravn, then you have been on Yukon Striker.

It is nice to think that they added the camel back and final spiral turn as a tribute to SkyRider,

but Valravn has a camel back too, in the exact same spot as Yukon Striker.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure how this hasn't made it here yet. . but here ya go:

At this point, Six Flags regrets ever building Kingda Ka and are just looking to be as cheap as possible with operating it until it either falls down; or they feel the public won't care if they take it down.

• 3 weeks later...

I get people who are afraid to ride roller coasters, but being afraid of relocating a roller coaster? Dumb.

Gotta admit the discussion yesterday kind of scared me. So I texted a FTE who has worked at the park since the late 90's and would have knowledge of the situation. He confirmed that Firehawk is not coming to the park.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Posted in the Kennywood thread regarding Steel Curtain.

It would be kind of cool if there was a pre-ride video, and immersive theming in the station and up the lifthill, but the twist that the park was hiding is that its actually themed to the Cold War and the fear of the Arms Race and Mutually Assured Destruction. Then the post-credit scenes shows Putin interfering with our elections and controlling Trump like a puppet, showing that the Iron ("Steel") Curtain never really went away.

Posted in the Kennywood thread regarding Steel Curtain.

It would be kind of cool if there was a pre-ride video, and immersive theming in the station and up the lifthill, but the twist that the park was hiding is that its actually themed to the Cold War and the fear of the Arms Race and Mutually Assured Destruction. Then the post-credit scenes shows Putin interfering with our elections and controlling Trump like a puppet, showing that the Iron ("Steel") Curtain never really went away.

Dang it, you beat me to it! I was just about to post that here too!

Still not sure if this person was a troll or someone awkwardly venting.

This was just posted to the Kings Island Thread.

Is it true Vortex is getting a RMC makeover?

(Edit)

I just ran into another post by the same person who posted that "Cold War" idea on the Kennywood Thread.

I'm excited to see what they actually do with this thing. Will it still be two separate tracked racing/dueling coasters? converted into a single track with a single station like Colossus? Chopped up into one single long track with some of the structure removed? No idea but should be fun to see where this thing goes.

Also, will this be RMC's highest profile project to date? I guess Steel Vengeance was a pretty big deal in the coaster community, WIldfire looks amazing but is at a park that's a little off the beaten path. Busch Gardens is a year round park in the massively "visible" central Florida theme park market, probably the highest attended park to get an RMC to date. Feels like this could be a massive project for both the park and RMC.

I think they should go for a racing coaster. The only RMC racer would be really cool and unique. As far as being RMC's highest profile project to date, I gotta say no. SV broke a ton of records and I don't see the Gwazi structure producing something that can challenge SV. Mainly because Gwazi isn't that tall, and therefore wouldn't be that fast, unless there is a launch. But I'm sure the end result will be fantastic!

Do you think that people care about records? That's just a marketing thing. All of I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool's "records" were made up. A hybrid coaster isn't a real thing, steel vs. wood is only determined by the type of track, what they use to support the ride is irrelevant. Either way, the GP doesn't care about those made up records that only enthusiasts would care about, they just care about the end game result.

The talk about RMC Gwazi being the most prolific park is because its at a 365 park, so close to Disney World, and at a higher tier park. Arguably Twisted Collosus has been the highest profile RMC so far -- in a 365 park, close to Disneyland, in the most prolific SF park, on a coaster that Hollywood loves to use.

Don't get too tied up with CP. Its all of our favorite parks, but its not really a huge blip on the radar of the average American. Its only the #3 Cedar Fair park in attendance actual (behind Knott's and Canada's Wonderland). I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool was an enthusiast's coaster. The GP only really know and care about the Disney or Universal parks, and their home regional park. That's why Twisted Tiger could be so prolific -- its relatively close to WDW. And, SeaWorld/Busch are in a higher tier than Six Flags/Cedar Fair. Come to think of it you could also say that Lightning Rod is up there, as Dollywood has some GP appeal. But of course it never actually runs.

• 2 weeks later...

Responding to video of Firehawk dismantling:

So after watching this, I'm assuming that if they were hoping to sell the coaster and relocate it, they would have taken a more ginger approach to taking it down? Is letting the track crash into the ground like that something that you would only do if the steel was just going to be scrapped?

From the SFSTL thread:

And that's why you don't price season passes that low. Those types of people don't deserve to be in a place that's supposed to be safe for everyone. You shouldn't even be able to buy a season pass let alone be allowed to enter the park if you have a criminal record.

I guess theme parks should require background checks to enter and poor people being able to buy season passes? Not in my middle-class theme park!

• 3 weeks later...

What I meant was Mystic is a great ride. BUT compared to every record breaking coaster they have added, it can’t draw as many people as SV did. Although, they could add a record breaking 2 sheds...

SV literally drew no one. Why can be speculated and argued at length, but them's be the facts. Mystic Timbers drew a lot of people.

Well, Steel Vengeance drew me and friends, so I think that what you meant to say was "figuratively." We flew in and took a mid-west road trip mainly inspired by the draw of Steel Vengeance.

I was thinking, perhaps we could be seeing an RMC single rail (larger than Raptor, smaller than T-Rex as mentioned in Theme Park Crazy’s RMC Interview) that would snatch the tallest, fastest, longest, steepest, and loopiest records, but would NOT be the primary focus of the 2020 expansion. Instead it’d be more of a side addition, whereas the main focus would be bringing back the retro things that Cedar Point lost in its quest to become the roller coaster mecca it is today.

There's a new gold mine on the boards.

In reference to CP:

I agree with you, but us coaster enthusiasts are pretty dam good at using the process of elimination. I'll lay out my thought process...

1. We need records to break for advertisement. Bullsh*t or not, it works and it's the Cedar Point style.

2. We need a completely different experience. Too many rides sitting upright with airtime and loops.

3. Now I'm at dark ride or flyer. I remember a Gatekeeper interview that mentioned how hideous a giant box against CP's backdrop was.

4. We can't get enough of B&M.

5. RIP Firehawk.

6. Flyer.