TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

The theming is looking gorgeous in the new entry area

and all around the new attractions in the park!

Um, I didn't read anything about it, I think, but is the old main entrance into the building going to be blocked and

closed up? Or still be used as a "back entry" or as an emergency exit from the park?

Um, I didn't read anything about it, I think, but is the old main entrance into the building going to be blocked and

closed up? Or still be used as a "back entry" or as an emergency exit from the park?

The current entrance is still going to be used in winter months. In November the park is still open but then it's just the two hall's the outside area's are all closed, then they want to use the current entrance.

Just two weeks left, can't wait. It almost looks done. Now I almost like to see nature do it's magic but that takes time.

^ Great idea for the winter months! And it would be awesome if they did some LED lighting in the ceilings of the buildings, too.

Starry starry night indeed, it would be great for the Holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful-looking coaster. The setting alone makes it worth a ride, even if it's a typical "tame"-looking B&M Wing Coaster.

Fēnix had a technical problem with its software all morning, which caused the roller coaster to not be in operation on its opening day. However, after this difficult start Fēnix is making its first runs right now. To compensate, Port Laguna & Avalon remain open until 8 pm today.

36776559_1852679384774903_8171887970333229056_o.thumb.jpg.6cd6bdad1c9e37e75376c8df67a8e96a.jpg

Source

The setting evokes a mini-Parrot Coaster to me a little bit. Probably even more so once the landscaping and foliage grows in. I'm not a big wing coaster fan outside of Thunderbird and Gatekeeper but this one looks just right for Toverland.

So I rode Fenix today it really is a lot better then Flug der Dämonen if you ask me. This ride has a nice pop of airtime and some high speed turns. The technical difficulties it suffered this morning caused great fun in the queue what caused me to stay in the queue hoping it would open. It was hot so to get some free water form the park was very welcome and after waiting for over 2 and a half hours (yeah we where insane ) we got wristbands that allowed us to sneak past part of the queue when it would open. This causes me to take that time and ride Merlin's Quest which was just beautiful it makes me want to see Toverland go all the way and do a real Darkride. I ended up jumping back in Queue for Fenix after that as by then it was testing About half an hour later I ended up riding it for the first time left wing front row. I regret nothing, Fenix is a very solid ride and a welcome addition to Toverland.

I also wanted to share some thoughts on Port Laguna. This new Entrance area looks very good. But it lacks something to make you want to sit there and enjoy, it really is the area you come in and walk by. It has a show with Magiezijn but that wasn't something special and it has a game gallery with 3 games. Other then that you have 2 shops and a ice-cream bar. I think this area could have used a restaurant.

This was my fourth experience with Toverland. Today the game changed for the better I entered the park and had a completely different feeling then a couple of months ago when I last visited the park. Not entering inside a hall just feels a lot more welcome in my eyes. Toverland felt grown up today they really needed this new entrance. I already look forward to the next step.

Calling all locals! I'm in the final stages of planning our honeymoon to the Netherlands and have been looking for any coupons or discount ticket opportunities for Toverland. I see I can save 2.50 Euro by purchasing online, but haven't had much other luck online and wanted to check with you all first to see if there are better options before pulling the trigger. Any help would be appreciated!

Bedankt!

• 8 months later...

Toverland is really turning itself into an amazing theme park!

And it all started with a Big Blue Box.*

*Just a guess.

B_10PullingTheHorse_Toverland.jpg.d4c15c8afd317108db097f32590df42d.jpg

Way Back When ~ Me and Others pulling The Horse ~ TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

Toverland has announced a significant renewal project on the way for Expedition Zork, the park's signature log flume!

BH_Zork_Birdseye_High-resolution.thumb.jpeg.11790bc79b7c239ac617e7d2ba56d76b.jpeg

https://www.toverland.com/en/press/news/theme-park-toverland-renews-water-rapids-ride-expedition-zork

Theme park Toverland will use this winter to upgrade their water rapids ride Expedition Zork. The attraction, which opened in 2004, receives a whole new storyline and will be extensively themed. Also the décor of Expedition Zork will be extended with an interactive marble run for the entire family. Expedition Zork is scheduled for reopening in the spring of 2022. More information can be found on toverland.com/zork.

In the past years, Toverland has carried out various restyling projects for their indoor theme area Wunderwald in which Expedition Zork is located. “Toverland’s quality standard is getting higher and higher and we think it’s very important to include our older theme areas as well”, explains general director Jean Gelissen jr. “Even in these special times we want to continue investing and at the moment we think that renewing Expedtion Zork fits best with our strategy.”

Expedition Zork
Ever since the log flume ride opened in 2004 its rockwork has always contained an image of Zork, a mysterious green swamp creature. “We have never really explored the background story of this character”, says senior designer Peter van Holsteijn. “Expedition Zork’s new storyline will connect all the existing elements of Wunderwald. An alpine village, an eccentric inventor, a water rapids ride and an unknown mountain monster."

Visitors of Expedition Zork will step into a transport system that has been devised by inventor Maximus Müller to search for the mythical character Zork. During the expedition they will find out whether Zork is this dreaded monster from the folk tale, or that perhaps the truth of the mystery is a completely different story. “All pieces of the puzzle will fall into place”, according to the designer.

Interactive marble run
An interactive marble run called Maximus’ Wunderball will be added as part of the décor of Expedition Zork. At the start of the run, visitors can obtain wooden Toverland-balls, and roll them through a giant track as often as they like. There are two different tracks with a combined length of 125 metres.

More information
The renewed Expedition Zork and Maximus’ Wunderball are scheduled for reopening in the spring of 2022. Construction will start after the Christmas holidays. Spinning coaster Dwervelwind is going to be the alternative attraction during Toverland’s indoor season when Expedition Zork is closed. Vistors who are curious about the project can have a peek inside Maximus’ Bauhaus from the start of the Christmas holidays. Frequently updated drawings of this project can be admired in this office. The project can be followed online via toverland.com/zork.

csm_BH_Birdseye_oud_4bcd827d7b.jpeg

csm_BH_Splash_tekening_779881ec91.jpeg

csm_BH_Geruchten_1e23335cd1.jpeg

csm_BH_schetsen_01_3118a81862.jpeg

csm_BH_schetsen_02_da0f41506a.jpeg

csm_Beeldbank-Expedition_Zork__onride__ea446266d8.jpeg

9 hours ago, jedimaster1227 said:

.....Also the décor of Expedition Zork will be extended with an interactive marble run for the entire family....

Looks great, but .... interactive marble run? That sounds interesting.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't read ahead. I got it! :classic_blush:

p.s. I 💖 Toverland.