Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1017 - Yukon Striker Front Seat POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:24 am

A.I. is also mentioning a couple one off footings meaning they are probably in place for a major theming element. I would love to see a smaller mountain or something of the like... maybe do what twisted timbers did with tractors, but we could use mine trains.
1. Steel Vengance 2. Maverick 3. Behemoth 4. Leviathan 5. Millennium Force

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 am

It's been awhile since my last post, but I have been enjoying your conversations about the new coaster. I am now ready to let you all know that your predictions are wrong. (IMO) The original plans for the Canadian themed area, which were made before 1980, were to include a train, like at Cedar Fair. The train will pick up passengers from the old SkyRider area, then go through the waterpark and over the wave pool and around the lazy river, to pick up more passengers. Then it will go up a 1000ft lift hill. The old animatronics from Ontario Place will be placed at the top of the lift hill. The train will then drop straight down into and out of, the tunnel and head over to Wonder Mountain, where it will enter the mountain. The train will go through Gaurdian, and Thunder Run and will come out the top of the mountain to pick up more passengers from the new Polar Vortex Station on top of the mountain. The train will make one more drop off of the mountain and return to the front gate to let people off. One more thing they haven't been able to figure out yet, is when the mountain rotates, the tunnels will not be lined up. They are thinking of not using this plan because of this issue. Too bad. I guess we will just get a boring coaster instead.
:mickey:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:45 pm

What is the name of the dragon in Thunder Run? I will remember the minute someone tells me!!

Maybe the dragons name can be incorporated into the new ride, like "Revenge of X" or "Flight of X" etc etc?

No? Ok.....we'll stick with "My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why".
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Married a Canadian wrote:What is the name of the dragon in Thunder Run? I will remember the minute someone tells me!!

Maybe the dragons name can be incorporated into the new ride, like "Revenge of X" or "Flight of X" etc etc?

No? Ok.....we'll stick with "My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why".

Herman :)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:15 am

The 2019 coaster WILL NOT be called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why. Please stop predicting that. It won't happen. This is a new, HUGE, Canadian themed area. Perhaps they will build a coaster named My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why to match Behemoth and Leviathan, in the future, but, the 2019 coaster will not be named My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why.

:mickey:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Honorarius » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:00 am

I was very disappointed that Herman didn't make an appearance in WMG...

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby lord denning » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 am

Honorarius wrote:I was very disappointed that Herman didn't make an appearance in WMG...

It's worse than that - you apparently are killing Herman. Not one kid or the GP thinks Herman and the Dragon in WMG are different characters. So they have you murder a park icon. Fun.
Using Tapatalk

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:24 am

Herman! Thankyou.

It's worse than that - you apparently are killing Herman. Not one kid or the GP thinks Herman and the Dragon in WMG are different characters. So they have you murder a park icon. Fun.

I am not very good at shoot em up type rides, so if indeed it is Herman in WMG, then he has taken me out a fair few times also!
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Doppel Looping » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:20 am

You can see herman in the middle of thunder run again. His eyes are lit up. For some reason he was shut off for a while.

Regardless of the name or height if thenew coaster i hope it has a spectacular immelman similar to valvoline. I am not so much into the dive drops but that immelman is the best part of the coaster.

I also wonder how far down hwy 400 we will be able to see it from. On the drive to wonderland it is nice to see the coaster hills of behemoth and leviathan loom larger as you get closer.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:29 am

I would love for a coaster to pop out of the forest and follow the highway a bit.... That would be a great welcome into the park.
1. Steel Vengance 2. Maverick 3. Behemoth 4. Leviathan 5. Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!