TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waldameer Discussion Thread

Thanks! I'll just have to wait for Knoebels later in the summer for the spectacular park food, then. I'll probably end up giving Sara's a try!

I remember reading about their rain policy here; that was actually one of the deciding factors for making a stop there. I'm fitting it into the middle of a road trip, so there's not really any wiggle room to do it any other day; it's that tuesday or nothing. Knowing it'll almost certainly be open no matter what the weather ends up being is a big plus.

Sara's does tend to have lines if it's a nice day but it's kind of an Erie staple.

Thanks! I'll just have to wait for Knoebels later in the summer for the spectacular park food, then. I'll probably end up giving Sara's a try!

I remember reading about their rain policy here; that was actually one of the deciding factors for making a stop there. I'm fitting it into the middle of a road trip, so there's not really any wiggle room to do it any other day; it's that tuesday or nothing. Knowing it'll almost certainly be open no matter what the weather ends up being is a big plus.

Sara's does tend to have lines if it's a nice day but it's kind of an Erie staple.

I'll be there on a weekday and I can always try to get there at off-hours, so, shouldn't be too terrible. Thanks though!

I'll be there on a weekday and I can always try to get there at off-hours, so, shouldn't be too terrible. Thanks though!

No problem, their shakes are very good. I hope you have a great visit. I'd also recommend at least a drive around Presque Isle (it's not very big) if you have time and you're already down there.

Not only were they open, but they stayed open until 8 pm. Even major parks with favorable rain policies like SFNE probably would have closed earlier.

No problem, their shakes are very good. I hope you have a great visit. I'd also recommend at least a drive around Presque Isle (it's not very big) if you have time and you're already down there.

Noted! I should be able to do that. If all goes according to plan I'll be getting there around 6 monday evening, and have all day tuesday there.

My wife was at the park today and sent me a picture of the Spider. Currently looks as if its sitting in pieces. Curious if it's just down for maintenance or something larger?

image.thumb.jpg.85c69ca55ec9370aef79c583860665cf.jpg

I believe me and my wife will be stopping here for a couple hours on our way to Kennywood. Will be our first time time at both parks. I am stoked. This looks like a little hidden gem of a park!

I believe me and my wife will be stopping here for a couple hours on our way to Kennywood. Will be our first time time at both parks. I am stoked. This looks like a little hidden gem of a park!

It's a great park. Waterpark included. Ravine Flyer is a top 5 woodie for me.

They are one great coaster (which should be coming in next few years) away from being can't miss.

Went out to the park this past weekend:

-- Ravine Flyer II remains bonkers. It was wild, aggressive, and smooth. If you like butterflies in your stomach, nothing beats getting yanked down the first drop in the backseat. Very reasonable station waits allowed me to get in four laps in about 15 minutes or so. After that, I was a little bit fatigued from the Gravity Group wildness, but it's still an awesome coaster.

-- *I was on a log flume....I was on a log flume* Thunder River was great fun as always, with lots of mist in the bonus tunnel. I love flumes and hope that Waldameer keeps this one around for a long time to come.

-- The drop tower was great! I've done it before, but the quick drop is a real doozy and the restraint feels a little bit flimsy in a good way (if you like to be terrified).

-- Milkshakes at Sara's were perfection.

^ As awesome as Ravine Flyer II was in the back, I actually preferred it up front. The second half was significantly better for airtime up there.

Yep, I had a great ride in the front, too. It's definitely worth experiencing both ends of the train for different thrills, and I'm glad RFII is a "not a bad seat in the house" coaster. Given the semi-violent edge that some GG woodies can develop, Waldameer has done a great job keeping this ride running very well.

You can pay for individual rides right? We plan on hitting the 3.5 coasters, the drop tower. Maybe the sky ride and maybe the log flume. Should we pay for the fun card or just pay per ride? Maybe multiple rides and Ravine Flyer2.

Thanks for the advice

You can pay for individual rides right? We plan on hitting the 3.5 coasters, the drop tower. Maybe the sky ride and maybe the log flume. Should we pay for the fun card or just pay per ride? Maybe multiple rides and Ravine Flyer2.

Thanks for the advice

You can pay per ride, but if you want a few re-rides on each of those you may want to get the daily pass. Each ride on Ravine Flyer II, Steel Dragon and Thunder River is 4.50.

All day ride pass is $30

(all depends on what you would like to do in terms of re-rides)

My wife was at the park today and sent me a picture of the Spider. Currently looks as if its sitting in pieces. Curious if it's just down for maintenance or something larger?

Spider has a mechanical issue at the center of the ride. The only way to figure out the exact nature of the issue is to disassemble the ride. Removing parts from the center may require more heavy equipment than a forklift, so that will be very tricky given the ride's location and the limited staff resources. As of now, there is no time frame on the ride re-opening this season.

Well, they definitely did get the Monster up and running; I've ridden it in 2016 and 2017. Wasn't quite as good as an older Spider though. I dont know if it's the design or the park's operations or what though; Dorney's Monster seems to run incredibly well but that's the only Monster I've been on that's ever given me a ride like a Spider.