TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I try and avoid confrontation like the plague, but if a line is skinny enough I'll put a hand on each rail or find another way to stay wide so no one can pass me without asking, and I have my headphones in so I can't hear if someone is trying to get me to move. If they get really aggressive I'm not going to stop them because it's definitely not worth the potential confrontation, but if I can keep the idiots from winning by putting up some passive resistance, I'm happy to do it.

I totally understand that line jumping is annoying and never appropriate, but the appropriate thing to do is to contact security and not take matters into your own hands. Confronting them yourself only escalates the issue and risks something more serious developing, like a full blown fight. At that point, you're also negatively impacting the experience of those around you as well as making things more complicated for the park employees. Alert the appropriate personnel and let them handle it.

I allow them to line Jump, Then I find where they went and I invite everybody that was behind me and in front of me to go ahead of them, essentially keeping all of our places in the same position but it places them right at the back of the line. The Parks have policies about line jumping the general public should report it and have the job of their security and force the policies as they're listed for us all to read and abide by.

Confronting them yourself only escalates the issue and risks something more serious developing, like a full blown fight. At that point, you're also negatively impacting the experience of those around you as well as making things more complicated for the park employees.

I watched this exact thing happen in the Mystic Timbers line last year. Someone jumped ahead in the line, someone else took offense, and some other person somehow got involved and these two huge guys ultimately almost smashed a bunch of kids against a rail. Security came and took statements from a bunch of people, a few people had to leave the line to go to the security office, etc.

This and the reasons everyone else has given are why I don't do anything about it. It's not my job to enforce those rules, and if the park doesn't enforce the rules (or as I've seen at a couple parks, the employees actually help people jump the line) then it changes my opinion of the park.

At least when it comes to Knott's, I have always been way more bothered by the extremely excessive number of people who use the exit to ride GhostRider for whatever reason. If one or two people have a disability and use the system, I totally get that. No issue. It's when they bring along their 12 family members who are more than capable of standing in line like everyone else. That's what drives me nuts. I've seen times where an exit group fills half the train or more. And the weirdest thing is it's ONLY GhostRider... no other coaster in the park has nearly as many of these people.

As for line jumping, I agree with Coasterbill and Boldikus. Sometimes it's just not worth the fight.

If the line jumping gets out of hand report it to the appropriate park employee. They should handle it. It is not a park visitors job to enforce the rules. You can report if something is wrong and the employees should handle it.

Another busy day today with a row and a half of the parking lot being full of school buses plus the normal summer crowds. Ghostriders lines was out the door and heading towards Pan for Gold. App said 1:50 min. The other major coasters, including Hangtime were about one-hour. Chanel 4 was there filing Ghost Town Alive and then moved over by Hangtime.

20180613_114016.thumb.jpg.41edcbb5d03f1d2a26d1eab14fca35a3.jpg

Ghost Town Alive

20180613_114037.thumb.jpg.c49ce9802750401c440d65d8bed643f5.jpg

Ghost Town Alive - Channel 4 was filming for news

20180613_114106.thumb.jpg.a9fdc678779d5db35bc64ecb05f61803.jpg

Ghost Town Alive - Channel 4 was filming for news

20180613_131819.thumb.jpg.fb072491a406da8cf9a05c1fa0c5b5da.jpg

Near Hangtime - Channel 4 was filming for news

20180613_131836.thumb.jpg.4ec3cea0469fe0f513b8bb82ba8c9ae8.jpg

Near Hangtime - Channel 4 was filming for news

20180613_114558.thumb.jpg.57268eae26375b1e3b1803c02ce9bedf.jpg

Fountain is full of water that looked pretty good today

20180613_121601.thumb.jpg.d95e7c43f124d1a6e39b88862a917fc1.jpg

Wipeout

20180613_121612.thumb.jpg.f30a1c4a6b5255abb3a8ab222c855df0.jpg

Wipeout

20180613_122737.thumb.jpg.9d05b27a0c7e14c486559f25e451a5dc.jpg

Monte was broken and resting out of the station

Completely random question: Does anyone know what happened to the Boomerang? It has been completely gone for a year now. Any word on where it went after being refurbished in Europe?

I was under the impression it went the way of the dinosaurs.... "Bye-bye"

I shouldn't expect school buses tomorrow right as school should be over for everyone?

Summer camps still use school buses. It's going to be busy at every theme park now. We are in the middle of summer.

At least when it comes to Knott's, I have always been way more bothered by the extremely excessive number of people who use the exit to ride GhostRider for whatever reason. If one or two people have a disability and use the system, I totally get that. No issue. It's when they bring along their 12 family members who are more than capable of standing in line like everyone else. That's what drives me nuts. I've seen times where an exit group fills half the train or more. And the weirdest thing is it's ONLY GhostRider... no other coaster in the park has nearly as many of these people.

Bullet can get quite a few, and so can Pony. It's most noticeable on GhostRider though. The Guest Assistance Pass at Knott's gets so majorly abused, and I wish the park would grow some stones and make people stick to the rules without the fear of the complaints from people who don't get their way.

My biggest pet peeve is the grandma in a wheelchair who gets the pass and then doesn't go on any of the rides, but just lets the kids skip the line with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody - I'm heading to KBF next Tuesday (July 3). I haven't been in a few years. We won't be arriving until early-mid afternoon. Any tips on what rides to hit at what portion of the day? We won't have Fastlane. Also, any recommendations on where to eat? The new BBQ place looks good, but wondered what else people recommended (outside of the chicken dinner). Do they have any Boysenberry-themed items or do they reserve that only for Boysenberry Festival.

Thanks in advance!

Hey everybody - I'm heading to KBF next Tuesday (July 3). I haven't been in a few years. We won't be arriving until early-mid afternoon. Any tips on what rides to hit at what portion of the day? We won't have Fastlane. Also, any recommendations on where to eat? The new BBQ place looks good, but wondered what else people recommended (outside of the chicken dinner). Do they have any Boysenberry-themed items or do they reserve that only for Boysenberry Festival.

Thanks in advance!

I would usually say to watch out for 4th of July crowds, but since that's on a Wednesday this year I really have no idea what crowds will be like the Monday and Tuesday before since "4th of July Weekend" is ambiguous this year. GhostRider, HangTime, and Xcelerator will have the longest lines, and GhostRider's will probably move the slowest. As long as Silver Bullet is running two trains (which I think is a very safe assumption this time of year), even a long-ish line will move pretty quickly. This is definitely not true with Xcel and GR. I can't really speak for HangTime since I haven't been since it opened.

My best advice, and I think most people would agree, would be to get there before opening and go straight to GhostRider and hit it super early before the line fills up, but since you will be arriving in the afternoon, you may just need to brave the lines unfortunately. Knott's gets crazy busy around this time, holiday or not.

For food, aside from the BBQ (which is my personal favorite at the park, even above the chicken dinner restaurant), there is some decent Mexican food options in Fiesta Village as well as a Ghost Town Grill in, well, Ghost Town. And of course there is Coasters Diner if you're into basic theme parks stuff like burgers or chicken tenders. The new BBQ restaurant is the only food in the park that really stands out to me as "above average."

EDIT: Oh, and for Boysenberry, they offer the punch year-round and you can purchase BBQ, butter, etc. in the shops, but I *think* the only thing they offer at food service places is the punch and maybe a flavored ICEE as well. Someone else will have to fact check me on that.

Thanks in advance!

I would usually say to watch out for 4th of July crowds, but since that's on a Wednesday this year I really have no idea what crowds will be like the Monday and Tuesday before since "4th of July Weekend" is ambiguous this year. GhostRider, HangTime, and Xcelerator will have the longest lines, and GhostRider's will probably move the slowest. As long as Silver Bullet is running two trains (which I think is a very safe assumption this time of year), even a long-ish line will move pretty quickly. This is definitely not true with Xcel and GR. I can't really speak for HangTime since I haven't been since it opened.

My best advice, and I think most people would agree, would be to get there before opening and go straight to GhostRider and hit it super early before the line fills up, but since you will be arriving in the afternoon, you may just need to brave the lines unfortunately. Knott's gets crazy busy around this time, holiday or not.

For food, aside from the BBQ (which is my personal favorite at the park, even above the chicken dinner restaurant), there is some decent Mexican food options in Fiesta Village as well as a Ghost Town Grill in, well, Ghost Town. And of course there is Coasters Diner if you're into basic theme parks stuff like burgers or chicken tenders. The new BBQ restaurant is the only food in the park that really stands out to me as "above average."

EDIT: Oh, and for Boysenberry, they offer the punch year-round and you can purchase BBQ, butter, etc. in the shops, but I *think* the only thing they offer at food service places is the punch and maybe a flavored ICEE as well. Someone else will have to fact check me on that.

^ great advice - thank you!

The Boardwalk BBQ has boysenberry bbq sauce, boysenberry cider & beer. They might have a boysenberry wine too but I can't remember. I think it is the only restaurant that has boysenberry year round except for the punch that is at multiple locations.

I have to give a big shoutout to knotts. I lost my iPhone X on silver bullet, and somehow it survived the fall and an amazing patron turned it in to the ride staff! They tested my password and gave it back. I asked how it survived and they said maybe 1/10. The bushes below. Long story short, a hope for humanity!!!

I've ridden it once on a past visit, but does Pony Express have a penchant for breaking down? This is the third time it went down while I was queuing for it. At this point, I'm just going to FastLane GhostRider until I leave foe the airport.

In other news, HangTime is an awesome addition to the park. I love the mix of elements and lap bar only trains. It's probably my second favorite at the park.

• 2 weeks later...
If one or two people have a disability and use the system, I totally get that. No issue. It's when they bring along their 12 family members who are more than capable of standing in line like everyone else. That's what drives me nuts.

The pass allows the person with the disability along with 3 others. If there are more than 3 others than they need to wait in the regular line and meet up in the station. Funny, I have seen this strictly enforced at Six Flags Great America that a 45 minute altercation went on the Goliath platform because someone refused to leave without riding with their group of 6 or 7. Security was there and she just kept yelling.

The person with the disability must be riding for the guests to be able to ride. If they do not ride than the guests cannot ride (the pass shows identifiable information and at some Cedar Fair parks your get a stamp or wristband)

Not directed at you, but in general keep in mind people have invisible disabilities. Remember they are still waiting in line, just outside of the queue. While it may be seen as unfair as they can wait in a short queue simultaneously as the virtual queue, I think they do a good job with it given the circumstances. I think Cedar Fair should adopt the doctor's note policy that Six Flags has, though. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt because you really never know why someone may need to virtually queue and are not able to wait in s long line due to health issues.

I have to give a big shoutout to knotts. I lost my iPhone X on silver bullet, and somehow it survived the fall and an amazing patron turned it in to the ride staff! They tested my password and gave it back. I asked how it survived and they said maybe 1/10. The bushes below. Long story short, a hope for humanity!!!

They have no loose article policies for a reason.

I've ridden it once on a past visit, but does Pony Express have a penchant for breaking down? This is the third time it went down while I was queuing for it. At this point, I'm just going to FastLane GhostRider until I leave foe the airport.

In other news, HangTime is an awesome addition to the park. I love the mix of elements and lap bar only trains. It's probably my second favorite at the park.

No, Pony express is usually up and running. You didn't miss much, tho. It's a fun ride, but so short it's not worth waiting over ten minutes for. Ghostrider on the other hand......what hasn't already been said about that beautiful wooden work of art? Time much better spent, in my opinion....oh, and Hangtime rocks!