Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Shut It Down » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Exactly, my home Park is knotts and I’m pretty much at the point of not going on super crowded days. I would never pay for fastlane there. If you’re traveling far to check out a park, you better be purchasing fastlane!!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 pm

ZeroGravity55 wrote:
I kinda wish they take Gatekeeper off FL+ and figure out a way to merge Millennium Force's line straight into the station and put that on FL+ instead.

At one point in time you entered at the front of the station. That's how it was when I used it back in 2012. They had one employee right there and another at the turnstile at the back of the station. They would let in maybe 10 or so Fast Lane users and then the person in the back would let in about 25 or so from the regular line.

Honestly when I used it last week it was only useful for Steel Vengeance, Valravn, TTD, and Maverick. Every other ride was either a walk on, or in Millennium Force's case the line wasn't all the way down the station ramp. It was well worth it for those four rides though. Steel Vengeance was 15-20 minutes all day for FL+ while the regular line was 1.5 hours or more and the other three were essentially walk ons with FL+.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:15 am

Well, this awesome. Pics courtesy of CPFanSite.
cpcruisers.jpg
cpcruisers2.jpg

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby AndrewA86 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:38 am

At the park today. Going to see how many rides I can get on SV without fast lane, and only taking breaks for the bathroom and my 2 meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mac95 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:48 am

AndrewA86 wrote:At the park today. Going to see how many rides I can get on SV without fast lane, and only taking breaks for the bathroom and my 2 meals.

The days we're gonna be at the park the temperature will be in the 90s - a little concerned they're going to ramp up the MCBR, hopefully I'm wrong.
Parks I've been to: Cedar Point, Carowinds, Dollywood, HersheyPark, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Kennywood, Dorney Park, Darien Lake, Six Flags Great Escape, Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Tampa, DisneyWorld, DisneyLand, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Diego

Top Steel: Wicked Cyclone
Top Woodie: Lightning Rod

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 am

on my 7 rides only 2 were grabbed by the MCBR. I was kind of glad because we were going stupid fast into the MCBR to the point that last little hop up onto the flat of it almost hurt and I am someone who loves intense coasters.

Postby AndrewA86 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:23 am

mac95 wrote:
AndrewA86 wrote:At the park today. Going to see how many rides I can get on SV without fast lane, and only taking breaks for the bathroom and my 2 meals.

The days we're gonna be at the park the temperature will be in the 90s - a little concerned they're going to ramp up the MCBR, hopefully I'm wrong.

So far it hasn’t slowed any train down today

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 am

But the MCBR grabs hard enough that you can make a pit stop and get back to the train before it goes into the 2nd half of the ride so you won't need to let us know about the bathroom breaks.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby AndrewA86 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:

But the MCBR grabs hard enough that you can make a pit stop and get back to the train before it goes into the 2nd half of the ride so you won't need to let us know about the bathroom breaks.

Lol

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:19 pm

My past visit on Wednesday (mini photo TR for that, and Coastermania, still pending) was really the only time I thought the MCBR grab was noticeable of the 11 times I've ridden SV. And it didn't affect the second half, other than the drop off of the MCBR at all.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext