TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Testing out a "Mobile" Forum Theme...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the site had been hacked at first. Lol. But the mobile theme definitely loads faster than the desktop theme. Of course I prefer the darker TPR with the Avatars but I see that Rob will be working on that. Also, I can't seem to figure out how to navigate to the different pages in topics without going back to the index and tapping the number below the topic title. I'm sure its something my simple a$$ is missing. Lmao

Insta-Edit... I figured it out. You gotta tap the pound sign (hashtag, number sign etc) and the page numbers will pop up. That seems like an extra unnecessary step but I guess thats how the mobile theme works by default.

I was pleasantly surprised by the auto detect on my iPhone. I like it a lot!

I was also surprised that it didn’t appear on my iPad, which is awesome!! As some “auto detect” sites assume that the iPad is a phone screen.

I would usually check responses on my iPhone, then respond later when I got home on my iPad.

LOVE how it works, and I’m not necessarily too worried about the background colors, as it works great for how I use it!

One of the things I love the most about the new mobile view is the "New Posts" button that takes you directly to the first new post you haven't seen yet in a topic. Any chance that functionality could get built into the main forum? EDIT: I have since been made aware that this functionality exists and I just never noticed it.

Edited by michaellynn4

^ It already exists. It’s a tiny little orange/black image to the left of the title of unread topics. Clicking it takes you to the latest post. Also, if you click on a topic with unread posts normally, then at the top of the page should be a link that says “first unread post” which does the same thing.

After re-reading my description of the orange/black thing I realize that I wasn't being clear enough, since there are two orange/black things, and it's the smaller one that takes you to the newest post.

newPost.PNG.4a307b81afdecc662a0b81bafc3c2983.PNG

As a web designer, I really like it. I've seen a little and not really important visual issue, which is that when you write an answer, the textbox fills 70% of the screen and not 100%. Picture attached.

Screenshot_2018-06-14-12-05-07-294_org.mozilla.firefox.thumb.png.0ab3cef3241d7c0db6511d3a8aa41386.png

Showed up for me! So much better, wow. Thank you! I wasn't expecting this to happen while you were still in Japan!

Much appreciated.

You're welcome! Still have a couple of things to finish up. Trying to get the "quote" function working better.

Huge improvement with the color change! I agree with a previous poster, it just didn't feel like TPR when it was all white. Everything seems perfectly functional so far, and faster than the desktop version (while on mobile). Excellent work!