TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Not a full on report but I wanted to talk a little bit about my trip over the weekend.

We stayed at Express Hotel mainly because it was the same price as others with run and ride discount. We liked it clean and friendly the beds were comfortable.

We did 3 hours in the park on Friday when we arrived. Ended up waiting 2 hours for SV and it was worth the wait. We loved it. I was surprised my wife liked it as much as she did with how intense it is but it is both of our number 1 now. Valravn was a first time for us and our first Dive Machine we liked it especially the view. ended the night with Millie then the SkyRide.

The Run and Ride was great. We only did the 5k on this trip but we both finished easily and with a time that we have not run in a 5k before. It rained at the beginning which was fine by me. We are planning to do the half marathon next year.

We did Fast Lane saturday (thank you platinum discount). It mainly saved time on SV which held a 2 hour plus wait all day. the longest we waited with FLP was 15 minutes.

Iron Dragon Vr was our first experience with VR on a coaster and we both enjoyed it. Thought it was worth the half hour wait.

Brews and BBQ is absolutely worth it for platinum pass holders because you get a full beer on top of the 15 tickets. We ended up being stuffed and gave 3 tickets away. If you are on here and I gave you the tickets waiting for SV to open back up around 9 after weather I hope you made it in time and enjoyed your beer. highlights for me was Smoked Sausage, Carolina sliders with vinegar slaw, and nektar Zombie killer cider. We also hope to do this again next year.

We did front seat of SV at night and the bugs were insane. I rope with my shirt over my face which made things exciting as I couldn't see the track coming.

We did 5 hours in the park Sunday before heading home. If you want to ride SV in a timely manner go to magnum entrance and make it to SV no later than 9:15 so that you ride before FLP starts at 10. Sunday was more crowded than Saturday due to threats of weather Saturday.

ride count for the weekend. 5 SV rides saturday with FLP.

Steel Vengeance 7x

Maverick 3x

Millie 6x

Rougarou 1x

Iron Dragon vr 1x

Magnum 1x

ttd 1x

Raptor 2x

Wicked Twister 4x ( holy S*** weight loss paid off and I fit again)

Gatekeeper 4x

Valravn 4x

We also did a bunch of flats but Im not counting those.

Wouldn't let a single rider in the last row though

That's interesting... I was a single rider and was given back row about a month ago.

I didn't have an issue either when I asked for the back row as a single rider.

2 hour waits on Sunday and Monday gave for 25-ish minute waits for SV in FL+. Despite the unfavorable dent it put in my wallet, I will say it was absolutely worth the money for the short time we were there.

2 hour waits on Sunday and Monday gave for 25-ish minute waits for SV in FL+. Despite the unfavorable dent it put in my wallet, I will say it was absolutely worth the money for the short time we were there.

SV waits were 2 hours on a Monday as well?? I'm going this Sunday and Monday and got only FL+ for Sunday, was hoping Monday would be manageable.

SV waits were 2 hours on a Monday as well?? I'm going this Sunday and Monday and got only FL+ for Sunday, was hoping Monday would be manageable.

When I went in May, I was in the park on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and I found that Monday was more crowded than Sunday. All the days were good in May, but the I got on the fewest rides on Monday.

It's been that way for a while. Sunday (or Monday holiday) tends to be a travel day, so the resort people won't be in the park.

Do you recommend us using our FL+ on Monday instead of Sunday then? We bought FL+ when they had the good deal over Christmas, so we will use it one of the two days.

It's been that way for a while. Sunday (or Monday holiday) tends to be a travel day, so the resort people won't be in the park.

Do you recommend us using our FL+ on Monday instead of Sunday then? We bought FL+ when they had the good deal over Christmas, so we will use it one of the two days.

As someone who has never used FL on any visit, my advice might not be the best. But in reality, I would decide based on the weather. If both days have similar weather, I would use the FL for the first day, to get all my desired rides in ASAP; then I would be able to relax and pace my day out on the second day.

Having not kept up on the forum, I'm curious if they have gotten around to running all 3 trains on SV?

Nope

Is lengthening the brake run an option?

I feel pretty confident saying "no chance whatsoever" before next off-season, and "extremely unlikely" during the off-season. The ride was designed adequately; they just needed to turn up the brakes a little.

You should determine it on the day that you are at the park, If the weather looks bad then NO and if you go in for early entry or notice that a major ride is down, then possibly no. It is a day time decision. It will also allow you to estimate the crowds.

FL+ makes the day more relaxing thee is no stress about trying to get all the rides in.

If you have two identical days, use FL on the first day to get all the rides, the second day you don't have to worry about anything because you already did all the rides. Just go at your own pace.

FL+ makes the day more relaxing thee is no stress about trying to get all the rides in.

If you have two identical days, use FL on the first day to get all the rides, the second day you don't have to worry about anything because you already did all the rides. Just go at your own pace.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Our plan will be to probably use the FL+ on Sunday, but we will do early entry and assess the queue situation before activating FL+. The weather looks pretty decent on both Sunday and Monday (albeit a storm may be in on Monday night). Will be very hot thought (heat indices up to 110!!)

What I am trying to say is FL is exactly that going at your own pace no planning just going to what you want and riding. You don't feel worn out at the end either because you didn't have to stand for a stupid amount of time.

^ Not only are you not nearly as worn out, but being able to walk right into Maverick's station and bypassing 2 hour waits on SV for 15-30 mins waits is worth the price alone.

I kinda wish they take Gatekeeper off FL+ and figure out a way to merge Millennium Force's line straight into the station and put that on FL+ instead.

What I am trying to say is FL is exactly that going at your own pace no planning just going to what you want and riding. You don't feel worn out at the end either because you didn't have to stand for a stupid amount of time.

Case in point: This past Monday Valravn was a 75 minute wait. FL+ got me TWO literal walk-on's. I'm not here to push for folks to get it for both days (that can be a tough $196 choice to make), but I had originally went in thinking I'd only need it Monday but got it for Sunday too after arriving and assessing what I wanted and could afford. It's made doing as many rides as I wanted in the park sooooo manageable.

It was more like 1 1/2 hour for most of the day, and dropped to 1 hour by the evening. Do it first thing right at rope-drop for Early Access and you might manage a 30-ish minute wait (potentially less if you power-walk).

^ Not only are you not nearly as worn out, but being able to walk right into Maverick's station and bypassing 2 hour waits on SV for 15-30 mins waits is worth the price alone.

I kinda wish they take Gatekeeper off FL+ and figure out a way to merge Millennium Force's line straight into the station and put that on FL+ instead.

Millennium is only on the normal FL because you need some incentive for somebody who can’t pay for the plus. No point in selling a product to skip lines that aren’t existant. I know Kings Island had Diamondback on the regular FL for a while, it may still be.

Like it’s been said before, if you’re traveling to Cedar Point do not hesitate to get the fast lane plus. Yes, it hurts at first to spend over $90 per ticket but once in the park it’s like being in a dream. You literally have the entire park to yourself including steel Vengence. It will make your trip amazing. There was probably 10+ times me and my girlfriend were walking thru the fastlane thinking “imagine standing in that line” and then literally walking on maverick and valravyn and TTD. Amazing