TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Also the Kia train is WAY WAY WAY WAY smoother on El Toro than the caramel train. I got on the caramel train in the back and it was pretty bouncy and shaky. Did the Kia train and it was about Nitro smooth with a WAY less potholes (not void of em though)

I definitely could marathon on the Kia train, don't think I could on the caramel colored one.

It's so dead my daughter got coastered out so we did Skyway, Safari Adventure, and the Houdini thing.

When I went with my sister last year, the same thing happened! We were excited about the park being open late, so we could get night rides on El Toro, but we'd ridden everything we wanted to, including a bunch of El Toro rides, and it was still a few hours away to close, so we just left. And this was midweek the week of July 4th. Definitely an interesting park in terms of crowds!

Hell has frozen over. Great Adventure is getting a hotel.

http://shorenewsnetwork.com/news/headline-news/hilton-hotel-construction-announced-at-jacksons-great-adventure-sports-complex/

JACKSON-After nearly one half century, it’s finally happening. A hotel will be built in Jackson Township to accommodate Six Flags Great Adventure and a future sports complex.

Hilton and Adventure Sports & Entertainment, announced today a new development deal for its upscale yet affordable global brand, Hilton Garden Inn.

The 134-room, 5-story hotel will be located at 567 Monmouth Road, Jackson, New Jersey 08527, located just off of State Highway I-195 Exit 16A. Construction is expected to begin by September 10, 2018, with completion slated for March of 2020.

“Jackson, New Jersey is the perfect location for our newest property and the latest addition to the Hilton Garden Inn brand,” said developer Vito Cardinale, President and CEO Cardinale Enterprises. “We’re eager to get started on bringing this project to life and welcoming new travelers to the area visiting not only the Adventure Sports & Entertainment complex, but also Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park, which is adjacent to the property, enhanced even further with our addition of a 10,000 square foot banquet and event space within the hotel portion of the project.”

Jackson Township Mayor, Michael Reina, was so pleased with the hotel project and the expansive, all-inclusive sports complex “Adventure Sports & Entertainment” that it will service; he was quoted saying “Jackson’s future has arrived”.

Along with the hotel, Jackson Township recently approved a large sports complex that will become a sports tourism destination. The complex will host a variety of sports tournaments. Former U.S. Olympian and professional women’s softball player Crystl Bustos has recently announced her “Ruthless” softball program will operate out of the facility. Check back this weekend for an in-depth interview with Bustos regarding her plans in Jackson.

Reina today said that this is the start of Jackson’s new future. “It’s a great thing for the town and finally after all the years of talking about it, it’s finally happening,” Reina said.

The hotel will offer amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, a 24-hour business center, a state-of-the-art fitness center, a full- service restaurant serving cooked-to-order breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with cocktails in the lobby lounge and a list of other in-room amenities that are appealing to those traveling for business or leisure, as well as serving the local communities and their families visiting the area for sports tournaments or Six Flags Great Adventure.

Each guestroom boasts the brand’s signature bedding featuring fresh, white duvets and crisp linens and an in-room “hospitality center” with a mini fridge, microwave oven as well as a Keurig coffee maker.

Hilton Garden Inn, Jackson, NJ, will be part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s 14 distinct hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels save time and money, and, gain instant access to the benefits they care about most, such as an exclusive member discount, free Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay. Members can also redeem their Points for free nights, to gain access to unique events through the Hilton Honors auction platform or to make purchases at Amazon.com with Amazon Shop with Points. For more information, or to make reservations, please visit Hilton Garden Inn, Jackson, NJ, with Hyperlink to http://www.hiltongardeninn.com or call 1 855-516-1091.

jackson-hilton.jpg.573879ddec794c1e3cc4ed1f1fdc70ea.jpg

jackson.jpg.cab7bbf7b39efb676fef35cc2f746269.jpg

Ahhh, so it's going to be another Hilton. Interesting. I remember back when this was approved in December, but I think this is the first time we're hearing an actual company attached to it. I like the additional renderings, really helps show what will be in store. This'll also help ensure more year-round business for the McDonald's and Burger King right there. We used to be slammed in the summer and be a ghost town in the winter.

I still think anyone who bitched about the solar farm situation that doesn't say anything here is a pretty big hypocrite.

I think its awesome they opening a new hotel right there. I am very Hilton loyal - love my points to get nice rooms really cheap. The Hilton Garden Inn's are nice, nothin spectacular but sill nice.

They need more food options eventually in that area. The Wawa gets SOOO crowded when the park closes. We always stop there after Fright Fest and we usually wait about 35-45 min for our food and they tend to run out of things.

You couldn't pay to me to try to get food at that Wawa, McDonalds or Burger outside the park after park closing during Fright Fest. That sounds like an absolute f*cking nightmare. Why would anyone do that, especially considering there are like 4 other Wawas within 15 minutes of the park.

You couldn't pay to me to try to get food at that Wawa, McDonalds or Burger outside the park after park closing during Fright Fest. That sounds like an absolute f*cking nightmare.

Try working at one during at that time. Fright Fest closing shifts were the worst. I've got stories. I've had soda thrown on me, people walk around the counter to just take food, fights break out inside and outside the building, and some of the most disgusting examples of human behavior possible. Cops were there all the time. We had to hire a security service one year because had just gotten to be THAT bad.

*shudders*

You couldn't pay to me to try to get food at that Wawa, McDonalds or Burger outside the park after park closing during Fright Fest. That sounds like an absolute f*cking nightmare. Why would anyone do that, especially considering there are like 4 other Wawas within 15 minutes of the park.

We actually found one closer to the hotel we normally stay in about 25 min away from the park this year. We always stay at the same hotel - can never remember the city its in (I always look back at my Expedia history lol). Its a Budget Inn across from a Scottish Inn.

You couldn't pay to me to try to get food at that Wawa, McDonalds or Burger outside the park after park closing during Fright Fest. That sounds like an absolute f*cking nightmare.

Try working at one during at that time. Fright Fest closing shifts were the worst. I've got stories. I've had soda thrown on me, people walk around the counter to just take food, fights break out inside and outside the building, and some of the most disgusting examples of human behavior possible. Cops were there all the time. We had to hire a security service one year because had just gotten to be THAT bad.

*shudders*

I can only imagine. I honestly can't remember the last time we stopped there after the park. We've gone to the Wawa a bunch in the morning beforehand for breakfast/coffee if we hadn't already stopped at one in Philly/on the way, and depending on the day/time that Wawa can get ugly, but we usually bounce right outta that area after leaving the park. I'm sure even on super busy summer days its awful in there after park close. After Fright Fest? That's truly a frightening thought.

We're going for the first time this season tomorrow, last year we basically just drove down to get our passes, and this year we're actually doing stuff. I've read that rundown of what to do and such, but I am wondering about some other stuff like which rides don't have bins that i will have to have someone wait around. Because I don't want to risk losing anything on a coaster, as the luck I have in life my pockets will empty like nobody's business. We're also going a little after opening, so getting to stuff right away might not be easy. I worry if we will get to hit everything in 10 hours, but I am hopeful.

The park is DEAD today. Just got off Cyborg and can confirm it’s mediocre AT BEST. We flipped once.

Sounds like the park is running a weak ride program. The thing must be capable of a better ride cycle than that.

I think it's more the nature of the ride itself as there's very little movement away from the center of gravity. Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect that most people saw the concept and guessed that the ride wouldn't really do much of anything; it's more of a visual spectacle in that it looks impressive and hi-tech (and will draw crowds based on that alone). The actual ride experience would (presumably) be a bit like jumping on a Gravitron but riding in the control booth at the center.

Hell has frozen over. Great Adventure is getting a hotel.

http://shorenewsnetwork.com/news/headline-news/hilton-hotel-construction-announced-at-jacksons-great-adventure-sports-complex/

JACKSON-After nearly one half century, it’s finally happening. A hotel will be built in Jackson Township to accommodate Six Flags Great Adventure and a future sports complex.

Hilton and Adventure Sports & Entertainment, announced today a new development deal for its upscale yet affordable global brand, Hilton Garden Inn.

The 134-room, 5-story hotel will be located at 567 Monmouth Road, Jackson, New Jersey 08527, located just off of State Highway I-195 Exit 16A. Construction is expected to begin by September 10, 2018, with completion slated for March of 2020.

“Jackson, New Jersey is the perfect location for our newest property and the latest addition to the Hilton Garden Inn brand,” said developer Vito Cardinale, President and CEO Cardinale Enterprises. “We’re eager to get started on bringing this project to life and welcoming new travelers to the area visiting not only the Adventure Sports & Entertainment complex, but also Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park, which is adjacent to the property, enhanced even further with our addition of a 10,000 square foot banquet and event space within the hotel portion of the project.”

Jackson Township Mayor, Michael Reina, was so pleased with the hotel project and the expansive, all-inclusive sports complex “Adventure Sports & Entertainment” that it will service; he was quoted saying “Jackson’s future has arrived”.

Along with the hotel, Jackson Township recently approved a large sports complex that will become a sports tourism destination. The complex will host a variety of sports tournaments. Former U.S. Olympian and professional women’s softball player Crystl Bustos has recently announced her “Ruthless” softball program will operate out of the facility. Check back this weekend for an in-depth interview with Bustos regarding her plans in Jackson.

Reina today said that this is the start of Jackson’s new future. “It’s a great thing for the town and finally after all the years of talking about it, it’s finally happening,” Reina said.

The hotel will offer amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, a 24-hour business center, a state-of-the-art fitness center, a full- service restaurant serving cooked-to-order breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with cocktails in the lobby lounge and a list of other in-room amenities that are appealing to those traveling for business or leisure, as well as serving the local communities and their families visiting the area for sports tournaments or Six Flags Great Adventure.

Each guestroom boasts the brand’s signature bedding featuring fresh, white duvets and crisp linens and an in-room “hospitality center” with a mini fridge, microwave oven as well as a Keurig coffee maker.

Hilton Garden Inn, Jackson, NJ, will be part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s 14 distinct hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels save time and money, and, gain instant access to the benefits they care about most, such as an exclusive member discount, free Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay. Members can also redeem their Points for free nights, to gain access to unique events through the Hilton Honors auction platform or to make purchases at Amazon.com with Amazon Shop with Points. For more information, or to make reservations, please visit Hilton Garden Inn, Jackson, NJ, with Hyperlink to http://www.hiltongardeninn.com or call 1 855-516-1091.

[attachment=0]jackson-hilton.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]jackson.jpg[/attachment]

Oh yes! One of the most difficult things about my trip last year was getting a hotel near Great Adventure, and I ended up choosing a shithole motel with decent reviews just because it was close. At least it was cheap. A Hilton Garden near the park would be an automatic when we go back. Because we're definitely going back here at some point.

Good to hear about a hotel being built near the park.

We have been traveling to this park from Michigan for years, and have always been perplexed why a park of this size did not have a slew of hotels near it.

Not sure why the nearest hotel is a half hour away. Is it an issue with the city, or some other reason why there are no hotels near the park?

Good to hear about a hotel being built near the park.

We have been traveling to this park from Michigan for years, and have always been perplexed why a park of this size did not have a slew of hotels near it.

Not sure why the nearest hotel is a half hour away. Is it an issue with the city, or some other reason why there are no hotels near the park?

Most of the land surrounding the park is protected from development (as forest or wetlands).

So we basically ended up going on everything once except Harley Quinn, and Kingda Ka. Me and my one friend left to go ride Batman a few times front row at the end of the night as the Kingda Ka line was listed at 70 minutes, my 3 other friends got a quick ride in but me and the other pass holder hit up Batman. Bizzaro we also did twice. I'm a big invert fan, and more of a style over size and speed guy, so i really liked Bizzaro and Batman, and loved El Toro. Will get Kingda Ka next month, and hopefully down to America this summer. Nitro gave me to much Ejector air time for my liking, and I basically doubled my coaster count in one day. (before today was everything at Hershey save Wildcat, Sidewinder, and Laff Trakk/new water) and Skull Mountain from a quick trip last year.

Also talked to my friend about rehitting Dorney (lost another 60+ since we went last year so was able to get on everything easily today, started at 360, was down to about 320 for Dorney and Six Flags last year, at about 270 right now. And fighting that good fight.

So we are going to the park for 2 days, and get 4 skip the line passes each day. What rides should we use them on?

My thoughts...

1. Zuminjaro(sp)

2. Kingda ka

3. El Toro

4. Superman

I am going by what I think will have the longest lines. Another option is the safari if they accept the skip the lines passes.