TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

^ See. They live among us.

Anyway, on a related note... in addition to the extensive track work they're doing on Phoenix which is already running brilliantly, the park is doing some work on Twister also. It's getting a big new tower thing (is that the technical term?) to hold cables and help prevent wear and tear on the structure. It's most likely getting track work also since it's at Knoebels and that's sort of their thing.

27973306_10160120732780551_2531170071645578512_n.jpg?oh=8aaaab43c29584fa1d06a8fb8e0f5391&oe=5B4BC934

28167797_10160120732735551_5564147906787225608_n.jpg?oh=e5c198468f2188dad37f846bf1d2e573&oe=5B0264E6

27857853_10160120732740551_9128834154483677362_n.jpg?oh=b14fd59931977fa41feec7f77d0e7705&oe=5B20E579

From the park's Facebook page.

I think part of it is also that it's a pay-per ride park. If a coaster runs like sh*t it doesn't make as much money, if a coaster runs great more people pay to ride it. Yes, pay-one-price parks should have the same philosophy because people are technically paying to ride the rides there too but I'd imagine it's easier to see a direct return on investment on a specific ride in a pay-per-ride park.

Just talking out of my a** for a second, hopefully that's cool.

^Actually, that makes a lot of sense. It would be interesting to see which rides turn the most profit considering maintenance and operating costs. I would say that it should give other parks insight to the value of nostalgic attractions, but I suppose corporate parks run under a different strategy... which is pretty much what you just said...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Phoenix is so high on my bucket list right now I may need to make the 4 hour day trip to Knoebels just to get a few laps. Also because I've never been to Knoebels and people frequently sing its praises which makes me want to go real bad. A little concerned I may not be good for a majority of all the other rides there (like Impulse) but the airtime buffet may be worth it alone .

I'm curious how I will like it, since it takes a lot more than airtime for me to enjoy a coaster. I'm quite the fan of positive G's.

Twister is good too, but Phoenix is just phenomenal.

you'll love it.

(and you'll likely love JackRabbit at Kennywood too tho that one is all about that one double-down)

I'm curious how I will like it, since it takes a lot more than airtime for me to enjoy a coaster. I'm quite the fan of positive G's.

Make sure to get at least one ride in Row 3. In my 15+ rides I got on Phoenix two summers ago that seemed to be the magic seat.

Edited by X2coasterfreak

Phoenix is so high on my bucket list right now I may need to make the 4 hour day trip to Knoebels just to get a few laps. Also because I've never been to Knoebels and people frequently sing its praises which makes me want to go real bad. A little concerned I may not be good for a majority of all the other rides there (like Impulse) but the airtime buffet may be worth it alone .

If I was only 4 hours from Knoebels, I'd be there every other week. I could sit there riding Phoenix and the flyers for the entire day and it would be one of the all time great days at an amusement park.

^Guess I will start figuring out what day to go then.

Does anybody know how accomodating Impulse is? I can't find anything online for that or Wicked (has similar restraints) which honestly is probably a good thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Following the tradition of the park sticking to their guns and getting a ride open, eventually, by any means necessary, Over The Top has opened.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

• 1 month later...

I will never doubt the wisdom of TPR. My daughter and I have been here all day. I'm glad we decided to give it a full day's attention.

Phoenix x 4 so far. Row 1 was amazing. Smooth and tons of airtime? Sign me up. Ops are great and waits have been at most two cycles. We walked on Impulse and Twister. We waited maybe 20 minutes for Flying Turns. We are purchasing our first merch of the trip and may even spring for pictures. What an amazing park.

We'll be back.

I will never doubt the wisdom of TPR. My daughter and I have been here all day. I'm glad we decided to give it a full day's attention.

Phoenix x 4 so far. Row 1 was amazing. Smooth and tons of airtime? Sign me up. Ops are great and waits have been at most two cycles. We walked on Impulse and Twister. We waited maybe 20 minutes for Flying Turns. We are purchasing our first merch of the trip and may even spring for pictures. What an amazing park.

We'll be back.

if still there, play at least a few rounds of Fascination.

but be warned, it's addictive

if still there, play at least a few rounds of Fascination.

but be warned, it's addictive

Will do next time. We already left so we can make preview at Hersheypark. My daughter said Phoenix was second only to Wicked Cyclone so far this trip. I will post a full TR with pics when I get back.