TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In line for Vortex at Canada's Wonderland, behind me were some kids who got a prize plushy. They said its name was "Dorney" because "it said so on the bag". (The Cedar Fair bags with the names of all the parks).

Not exactly GP, but another family was calling Vortex the "big Iron Dragon".

I was walking from Wildcat at Frontier City too Silver Bullet. This was a few days after the big Six Flags announcement So the news was fresh. There was a group of kids behind me who also just got off Wildcat and were heading to Silver Bullet.

I overheard in the conversation the kids were talking about theme parks and roller coasters.

One kid said to the other kid "well you need to go too a Six Flags park when you have a chance".

I turned around and joined into their conversation and said "You are at a Six Flags park."

Apparently the kids heard about the news and one of them laughed and another kid said "He is right".

• 2 weeks later...
[attachment=0]maxresdefault (47).jpg[/attachment]

Found this clickbait thumbnail on YouTube, they aren't even trying. That man looks unnatural and obviously was added into the picture.

That may be the funniest clickbait thumbnail I've ever seen! I swear, that should be the cover art for a theme park tycoon game!

• 7 months later...

Apparently the joke is that they're the only people on the ride and they didn't choose the front or back. It took me scrolling through all of the Instagram comments to "get" it, which means it's just a bit too high-brow.

So in 2016, I took two of my friends to Carowinds. We had a great time, one of them even worked up the courage to ride Fury with me as his first roller coaster ever— and later the other rode Afterburn with me. After the visit I asked them why they hadn’t ridden Intimidator. Their response, “It’s taller than the Fury!” And I nearly laughed, as I explained to them that Intimidator was nearly 100 feet shorter than Fury.

Oh yeah, and on a later visit I walked along the path that runs under Nighthawk. A GP proclaimed as he exited Nighthawk, “That’s the best roller coaster I’ve ever ridden!” I began laughing, but my group shut me up.

GP looking at the first drop on Steel Vengeance, "That drop is 90 degrees. Straight down. No way is that safe. I'm not riding a ride that drops straight down like that. Nope!"

(said while in line for Maverick)

Okay, this is actually pretty funny.

• 7 months later...

It's just a totally super random list some idiot threw together. At least Toro is ranked high.

But yeah thanks for bumping the worst thread on this board. :thumbsdown:

• 1 month later...
At Six Flags St. Louis last year, we were on line for Batman the Ride, when a clueless GP looks at us and says, "Where's the exit?" We weren't even at the station yet!

"Clueless?" Your post came off as really condescending, just like most of the posts in this thread. I'll just leave this idiotic gem here:

On Wild West Falls at Warner Bros. Movie World, I shouted "FIST ME DADDY!!" during the big drop.

During Bizarro at GAdv this year, I shouted "MIND WYRMMS!"